Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Last post.

a true relief.

regarding the currency wars, I have a question to ask that's of totally secondary importance: "where is gold going in this market"?

Was this not clear?

KWN%20Turk%2024.jpg

or, to answer the question another way... Where is gold going in this market? It's going into the pockets of those with the foresight to buy it.

Edited by Jayman

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyway ladies... let's cut through the 'noise' time to buy back? or more tanking to come in next few weeks?

This guy uses lots of graphs and charts to explain why he thinks gold is in a bubble except he believes the bubble is only starting now

If you don't want to watch the whole thing is worth skipping along to the end at about 28 min to see to see where the price of gold is now on the bubble graph

smile.png

!

Edited by midas

Excellent Midas thanks. I don't think that a hyper-inflationary currency crisis phase is inevitable but that is not the only scenario favorable to gold.

NB The author fails to mention that even those clever traders selling their gold at the 'peak' i.e. for maximum fiat value, could still lose everything rapidly in the following currency destruction.

It may not be that long before wealth is once again measured in things of intrinsic value, of which gold is far from the only example.

Excellent Midas thanks. I don't think that a hyper-inflationary currency crisis phase is inevitable but that is not the only scenario favorable to gold.

NB The author fails to mention that even those clever traders selling their gold at the 'peak' i.e. for maximum fiat value, could still lose everything rapidly in the following currency destruction.

It may not be that long before wealth is once again measured in things of intrinsic value, of which gold is far from the only example.

fair comment cloudhopper

thumbsup.gif

talking about currency destruction I was quite surprised to learn this phenomenon about bank destruction

is still happening

sad.png

this used to be flying’s area of expertise and he used to monitor this on a weekly basis

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. or FDIC, announced Friday the shuttering of three banks, two in Florida, and one in Missouri, taking the count of total U.S. bank closures in 2012 to 46,

Edited by midas

Loose translation: If you didn't sell and instead are kicking yourself, then don't worry, the cavalry is on its way!

I think he's saying the mania period which is about to come will be concurrent with the debt / bond bubble bursting; the decline would only start after the "solution" (however that might arise eg, gold standard, new currency, massive inflationary period or whatever) had presented itself and the gold began the sell off phase only after it was deemed safe to convert back in to the newly stabilised system.

anyway ladies... let's cut through the 'noise' time to buy back? or more tanking to come in next few weeks?

tanking? how many times do globally renowned experts cum successful investors/fund managers and resident learned TV-members have to tell you that Gold can only go up? are you forgetting that Gold was for thousands of years the only protection of wealth? if Gold goes down vs. some worthless fiat money it's because of criminal actions and conspiracies by various dark forces.

tanking? how many times do globally renowned experts cum successful investors/fund managers and resident learned TV-members have to tell you that Gold can only go up? are you forgetting that Gold was for thousands of years the only protection of wealth? if Gold goes down vs. some worthless fiat money it's because of criminal actions and conspiracies by various dark forces.

You do realize how foolish you look repeating that over and over like an old fool. Only you and tweedle dumber keep saying that.

http://www.telegraph...orts-slump.html

Japan to join currency wars as exports slump

Japan is poised to join the world's "currency wars" as it battles a triple crisis of crashing exports, recession and a suffocatingly-strong yen.

This is not going to be good for Japans economy either ……… Fukushima Unit 4 Is Sinking (Unevenly)

Hiroaki Koide, Kyoto University Reactor Research Institute: There are a lot of problems and Tepco and Japanese government state they are going to pick the melted fuel up someday, somehow. I personally think it’s impossible. Because there is no solution, we will have to give it up. We will have to build stone coffin like Chernobyl for reactor 1, 2 and 3. However, at least they must remove the fuel assemblies on the bottom of spent fuel pools somehow before building stone coffin.

The Greatest Single Threat to Humanity: Fuel Pool Number 4

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/04/the-largest-short-term-threat-to-humanity-the-fuel-pools-of-fukushima.html

Edited by midas

Heh old GWs blog is a bit too tin foil hat even for me but it's always a fun read. Here's another one about Japan - should probably be on the FC thread though -

http://www.zerohedge...ter-failed-qe-8

Even if you think that about GW , if it is sinking unevenly they will have to close it down and the effect on the world's third biggest economy will not be good......

The Japan Institute for Energy Economics has warned that keeping nuclear reactors mothballed could limit GDP growth to just 0.1 per cent this year, as manufacturers cut back production while paying higher prices for crude.

Edited by midas

Japan is poised to join the world's "currency wars" as it battles a triple crisis of crashing exports, recession and a suffocatingly-strong yen.

another reason why gold will be soon a godzillion dollars per metric ton.

'The court of auditors has now demanded regular audits of Germany’s foreign gold reserves. The last audits from New York were from 1979/1980. The Bundesbank has since been let into the vault, but not allowed to open the boxes in which the bars are stored, something that has obviously stokes suspicions.' laugh.png

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2012/10/23/1224511/counting-das-gold-at-fort-knox/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

'The court of auditors has now demanded regular audits of Germany’s foreign gold reserves. The last audits from New York were from 1979/1980. The Bundesbank has since been let into the vault, but not allowed to open the boxes in which the bars are stored, something that has obviously stokes suspicions.' laugh.png

http://ftalphaville...._medium=twitter

except for the Omegaville journàsslistic inventions "Germany wants to audit its gold held abroad" and "the Bundesbank was not allowed..." the report, whatever little is left, is correct. not "Germany" wants to audit but two German MPs demanded to "see and verify" Germany's physical gold stored abroad. they were told by Bundesbank officials that it is impossible for two lo(o)ne MPs, playing Holmes and Watson, to shuffle around and check approximately 270,000 bars of gold each weighing 12.5 kilograms.

moreover, the translation "court of auditors" is correct albeit misleading. the "Bundesrechnungshof" audits government expenses, criticises, suggests and advises but has (unfortunately) no power whatsoever to enforce any of its suggestions.

by the way, reading its annual report causes the blood boil of any German taxpayer!

tweedle dumber

Is that me?

Ha!!

I thought he was on about cloudhopper for some reason, maybe just the double barrelled name..

It speaks volumes that you're aware of how you come across.

Have you really nothing better you could be doing?

Pricking the presumptiousness of gold bugs who think they own a thread about gold is useful enough.