Where Is Gold Going In This Market

OK Naam could be made up crap .. smile.png

cyclist is talking crap Churchill. TV-member "Flying" who was an avid cyclist reader gave me last year some of cyclist's prophecies. they all turned out to be crap² bah.gif

Not all .... i remember Flying was quite accurate at times predicting Gold's moves ...

& What with Solar storms in May etc Don't panic ... ! who knows w00t.gif

Lets see shall we , at least he is trying to give a forward view rather than your backward view

BTW Where is Flying .. ?

Flying is busy setting up a company. by the way, Flying's rather good feeling for Gold was not based on "cyclist".

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as Australia begins the debate whether to bring Gold home from the UK .......blink.png

which does not exist because either the Bilderbergs "stoled" it, or leased out, rehypothecated, vanished into thin air, used to finance the Viet Nam war, melted away because of global warming, given as alms to a Malaysian islamic state to mint Islamic Dinars... take your pick.

to be on the safe side consult Max Keiser and have his findings reconfirmed by the Right Honourable Master Gloom&Doomer M. I. Das.

L-dog%20very%20small.jpg

Be on the safe side bring it home ... as the Germans are trying giggle.gif to do .

you can't bring home what does not exist.

Australia doesnt have a lot but every little bit counts.....smile.png

response from an RBA FOI officer to several questions posed regarding the location of Australia's Gold:

1. Could you please confirm the total 'physical' and 'tangible property' gold holding by the Reserve bank of Australia in kilograms as at financial year end 2011. For clarity, the term physical refers to gold in possession and control of the Australian Government and not a derivative, financial instrument or promissory note.

Answer: At the end of the 2011 financial year (30 June), the gold holding was 80 tonnes at a valuation at the time of A$3 473 million.

3. If so please provide a breakdown of foreign gold holdings in kilograms identifying the country where this is held.

Answer: At 30 June 2011, 99.9% of the gold is held in the United Kingdom, at the Bank of England. The other 0.1% is held by the Reserve Bank of Australia. This distribution remains in place presently.

http://www.bullionba...at-bank-of.html

Edited by midas

Ohh no... now reuters is using terms like "currency war"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/11/g7-forex-idUSL5N0BBBHP20130211

LONDON, Feb 11 (Reuters) - The Group of Seven nations are considering a statement this week reaffirming their commitment to "market-determined" exchange rates in response to heating rhetoric about a currency war, G20 officials said on Monday.

The language, which could be subject to change, implies that the major powers would not indulge in unilateral currency devaluation and reads very similarly to the last statement issued by the G7 on currencies in 2011.

The gold bugs are unlikely to be publicising the latest comments from Dennis Gartman of The Gartman Letter.

Fartman who is obviously a very successful fund manager given his fund's performance http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/HAG:CN sad.png

Likes gold in Yen and probably dong but not USD http://www.cnbc.com/id/100450646 blink.png

Not sure why anybody listens to him...smile.png

The gold bugs are unlikely to be publicising the latest comments from Dennis Gartman of The Gartman Letter.

Fartman who is obviously a very successful fund manager given his fund's performance http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/HAG:CN sad.png

Likes gold in Yen and probably dong but not USD http://www.cnbc.com/id/100450646 blink.png

Not sure why anybody listens to him...smile.png

.....because he doesn't play commodities like a broken record. So when he is interviewed on CNBC I listen to what he has to say.

I think gold has already had the best part of its run over the last decade. The forecasts of 2012 of 2,000+ and the even more ridiculous of 5,000+ in some parts never emerged.

The western economies are still in bad shape, but the worst panics are behind us now (until next time). Not to say that everything looks rosy, just that we're way beyond Lehman's and the follow on. So the large Armageddon factor for the whole world has been slowly fading into the background. Gold is bought on sentiment. Sentiment is better for the world generally so less need for gold. For the last few years I've been enjoying the bull run in equities, especially Thailand.

The following was a reasonable summary for me. Not the "best case against gold you'll ever read" that it claims to me, but some valid points.

http://www.streetaut...Re&utm_content=

I still have some gold holdings, but not expecting big gains. I see more potential on the miners.

When you look back I think the postings by so many people on TV - reflection of the masses turning up at the party - to buy gold will be seen to have largely called the market close to the tops.

One big flaw of gold bugs is they are blinkered and don't know when to reduce their exposures. The rest of us play the hands dealt and move on.

Cheers

Fletch

smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

I think gold has already had the best part of its run over the last decade. The forecasts of 2012 of 2,000+ and the even more ridiculous of 5,000+ in some parts never emerged.

The western economies are still in bad shape, but the worst panics are behind us now (until next time). Not to say that everything looks rosy, just that we're way beyond Lehman's and the follow on. So the large Armageddon factor for the whole world has been slowly fading into the background. Gold is bought on sentiment. Sentiment is better for the world generally so less need for gold. For the last few years I've been enjoying the bull run in equities, especially Thailand.

The following was a reasonable summary for me. Not the "best case against gold you'll ever read" that it claims to me, but some valid points.

http://www.streetaut...Re&utm_content=

I still have some gold holdings, but not expecting big gains. I see more potential on the miners.

When you look back I think the postings by so many people on TV - reflection of the masses turning up at the party - to buy gold will be seen to have largely called the market close to the tops.

One big flaw of gold bugs is they are blinkered and don't know when to reduce their exposures. The rest of us play the hands dealt and move on.

Cheers

Fletch

smile.png

Funny, I didn't read any announcement as to how and when the global mountain of debt is going to be dealt with?

ermm.gif

Edited by midas

Funny, I didn't read any announcement as to how and when the global mountain of debt is going to be dealt with?ermm.gif

by Russian and Chinese central banks establishing "PetroGold". evidence = recent price explosion of gold.

post-35218-0-71336100-1360898076_thumb.g

Funny, I didn't read any announcement as to how and when the global mountain of debt is going to be dealt with?ermm.gif

There never was a "global" mountain of debt. There remains of course mountains of debt in many western economies.

These same western economies are becoming less and less important. As they do so their ability to shock the whole world becomes less and less.

:)

There never was a "global" mountain of debt. There remains of course mountains of debt in many western economies.

These same western economies are becoming less and less important. As they do so their ability to shock the whole world becomes less and less.

smile.png

more blasphemy!

L-dog%20very%20small.jpg

I went to Hua Seng Heng on Tuesday and bought 5 Baht, line was long, two people in front of me pulled out wads of Baht, over $20,000 USD each.

I didn't walk out with my Gold...have to pick it up next week...they didn't have it...fwiw.

I went to Hua Seng Heng on Tuesday and bought 5 Baht, line was long, two people in front of me pulled out wads of Baht, over $20,000 USD each.

I didn't walk out with my Gold...have to pick it up next week...they didn't have it...fwiw.

Since gold has lost 16% in $US since its peak they probably think it is sale time.

It's all part of the cover up.

The German gold has to be replaced from somewhere as a couple of our regulars have it on high authority it ain't where it's supposed to be......

Edited by cheeryble

It's all part of the cover up.

The German gold has to be replaced from somewhere as a couple of our regulars have it on high authority it ain't where it's supposed to be......

Talking about the gold that is held in the US?

I don't claim to know it all, but being from the states (travel and do business in Thailand every six weeks) I can say with certainty that the US financial system (and the .gov) is one giant ponzi fraud.

There must be a good reason the Germans asked for their gold back...and yes I do not think the gold is where it is supposed to be. Is anything in the US? They have looted money from every other fund, lockbox, etc etc to pay for other things.

Not sure how things are gonna shake out, but I can tell you things are not getting better on the ground in the states...its getting worse, much worse. I am only holding 10% of my liquid money in physical gold, so am not an all in guy but there are some smart people who are seriously buying it up and when I see scenes like what I saw at Hua Seng Heng you gotta wonder....