Where Is Gold Going In This Market

You asked for thoughts, angles or things overlooked?

Focus on PRICE alone - everything known to MAN is already taken into account in PRICE, except for acts of God and George Bush, now disguised as Obama

Oh, ok - sure mate. So let's trade purely on technicals and the price action of a price actively manipulated... without regard to anything else we know.

The point is that the physical gold run is likely to be part of a catalyst change in int'l money (as Rickards wrote).

Given our understanding, it might not be preceded by deflation / drops in the wider market before it happens. MCCW reckons it could and he has a point.

While you may believe otherwise, this is a pretty important question for most gold buyers in terms of timing. (ed.)

No let's trade purely on yak yak yak and who is manipulating who and for how long.

Get in on the trade, NOW. Go LONG and give talk a rest.

Money talks yak yak walks.

Haha, you funny man. No wonder you're called dead broke and "go long" ... not trading the paper stuff (on margin) I hope. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by LibertyNinja1776

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You asked for thoughts, angles or things overlooked?

Focus on PRICE alone - everything known to MAN is already taken into account in PRICE, except for acts of God and George Bush, now disguised as Obama

Oh, ok - sure mate. So let's trade purely on technicals and the price action of a price actively manipulated... without regard to anything else we know.

The point is that the physical gold run is likely to be part of a catalyst change in int'l money (as Rickards wrote).

Given our understanding, it might not be preceded by deflation / drops in the wider market before it happens. MCCW reckons it could and he has a point.

While you may believe otherwise, this is a pretty important question for most gold buyers in terms of timing. (ed.)

No let's trade purely on yak yak yak and who is manipulating who and for how long.

Get in on the trade, NOW. Go LONG and give talk a rest.

Money talks yak yak walks.

Haha, you funny man. No wonder you're called dead broke and "go long" ... not trading the paper stuff (on margin) I hope. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

>>>>>

While you may believe otherwise, this is a pretty important question for most gold buyers in terms of timing. <<<<<

laugh.pnglaugh.png

What about the Palestinians? Are you going to consider them too before you make a move in Gold? Now Obama is attacking Iraq and Russia has thrown in yet another curveball. What if China deides to make UK a state? What if mccw gets the flu or has constipation? How will you be able to resolve all these issues before gold reaches $4000?

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Good luck, Chief

I've never been refered to as enlightened before 55 even if "other" were too

I like

:)

The risk of total chaos is so great I think only a pathological gambler would "invest" in paper gold, especially going long.

If you see the risks then just buy physical and in a way dead broke is right too- don't hang about waiting for a drop; get in a security amount now and increase it bit by bit over time. But security reserve is vital in my view. Not in it for the game or quick to riches. All about safety for me.

In all seriousness- keep some food and water supply's too. If living in Thailand then at least the proximity and ease of year round food supply's is better and less chance of disruption. But if living in the UK or North of the northern hemisphere, , especially in any big cities, then the whole system is very precarious.

Supermarket and "just in time" supply chains; most precarious supply chains in all our recent history. Completely dependant on oil for delivery.

Even the old Anglo Saxons stored enough grain for winter in Jars under ground. Now most people and countries have nothing past next Tuesday - it's madness

Agreed, mccw. The point is not to wait to start buying physical ie. don't hope/count on the price dropping more.

Along the lines of Rickards' book, gold has been low for some time now allowing China to acquire massive reserves (and making system changes not against their interests). This major driver for manipulating gold to these low prices may not be around for too much longer.

The point is that the physical gold run (itself) is likely to be part of a catalyst change in int'l money (as Rickards wrote).

laugh.pnglaugh.png

What about the Palestinians? Are you going to consider them too before you make a move in Gold? Now Obama is attacking Iraq and Russia has thrown in yet another curveball. What if China deides to make UK a state? What if mccw gets the flu or has constipation? How will you be able to resolve all these issues before gold reaches $4000?

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Good luck, Chief

Deadbroke, terrible things going on in the world mate. For most of us gold-minded folk, being rooted in Austrian economics vs inherently (mathematically) flawed debt-based money is the most important thing. We all seem to agree on distrust of fiat money. The rest seems to be about timing. Technicals and price action are important even to big banks moving/manipulating the price - so trend/price action is important.

But "Russia has thrown in yet another curveball." ? I think Russia are the batter defending the plate here mate. What the west has done there (all unreported) is fairly shocking. And Obama and Victoria Nuland are terrible pitchers!

I'm from down under by the way - much prefer cricket. Not much that's happening in the world is "cricket" anymore. But I suppose it's been like that for quite some time.

Reminds me of that Jimi Hendrix / Bob Dylan song: all along the watchtower

Edited by LibertyNinja1776

Thread's receded to Page 6 = NO interest in the Gold

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Long @ $1297

Took-ed partial profits @ $1,315 in real time = right NOW

Gold STOP moved up to $1308 on remaining position. Will add to LONG on next one-hour timeframe correction.

Trade stopped out as per my STOP. Profitable trade. Yawn! 23 in a row. Earlier streak was 14 winning trades, then 2 losing trades.

But like Bernard Baruch said, "when you have losing trades, your ace in the hole is keep your losses small"

Agreed, mccw. The point is not to wait to start buying physical ie. don't hope/count on the price dropping more.

Along the lines of Rickards' book, gold has been low for some time now allowing China to acquire massive reserves (and making system changes not against their interests). This major driver for manipulating gold to these low prices may not be around for too much longer.

The point is that the physical gold run (itself) is likely to be part of a catalyst change in int'l money (as Rickards wrote).

laugh.pnglaugh.png

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Good luck, Chief

Deadbroke, terrible things going on in the world mate. For most of us gold-minded folk, being rooted in Austrian economics vs inherently (mathematically) flawed debt-based money is the most important thing. We all seem to agree on distrust of fiat money. The rest seems to be about timing. Technicals and price action are important even to big banks moving/manipulating the price - so trend/price action is important.

But "Russia has thrown in yet another curveball." ? I think Russia are the batter defending the plate here mate. What the west has done there (all unreported) is fairly shocking. And Obama and Victoria Nuland are terrible pitchers!

I'm from down under by the way - much prefer cricket. Not much that's happening in the world is "cricket" anymore. But I suppose it's been like that for quite some time.

Reminds me of that Jimi Hendrix / Bob Dylan song: all along the watchtower

Yes Ninja, terrible things are going on in the world but YOU still wake up, have your coffee, dress and go to work and at work YOU focus on the job and get it done.

If you're into gold your job is to profit from Gold's moves be they up or down. That be your job. I gave you proper advice but you shunned it. You remind me of the English teachers in LOS, burning their assses off for a measly 35k Baht per month. There are opportunities all around them, but they have sooooooo many conspiracy theories, criticisms etc., that they bog themselves down.

I've also noticed that almost NOBODY here EVER puts down an exact price date and time that they bought or sold anything EVEN a demo trade would be a significant improvement over this lousy state of affairs of TALK, TALK, TALK

circular motion with the right hand.

Come trade with me, you're invited, Ninja. smile.png

Hi deadbroke, didn't shun anyone's advice mate - was just responding to some comments made.

Yes, despite what happens life is very normal. And we act, not just analyse. Like you (I assume) I like to think I'm well rooted in science/fact - not unsubstantiated theories*. Understanding through science / engineering is what I'm about here and in my profession. After all much of the world we live in is engineered. (If you understand money, banking then you probably agree. *And what I talk about is backed by substantial evidence easily picked up on zerohedge etc.)

Inflation vs deflation for the next phase - no obscure subject. We've had phases of both already. Here's one view which evidently looks at that "big picture / central planning" as well -

A stock correction / deflation seems likely, but maybe not.

Dow 32,000 with no major crash beforehand? Possible. Gold $2,300+ without further correction below 1180. Very possible.

Hence no reason for analysis to discourage buying *now*. In fact the opposite.

For shorter term profits - deadbroke - not a bad bit of gold trading there. I assume that's all on XAUUSD. We are all forex traders... in a way.

Yes Ninja, terrible things are going on in the world but YOU still wake up, have your coffee, dress and go to work and at work YOU focus on the job and get it done.

If you're into gold your job is to profit from Gold's moves be they up or down. That be your job. I gave you proper advice but you shunned it. You remind me of the English teachers in LOS, burning their assses off for a measly 35k Baht per month. There are opportunities all around them, but they have sooooooo many conspiracy theories, criticisms etc., that they bog themselves down.

I've also noticed that almost NOBODY here EVER puts down an exact price date and time that they bought or sold anything EVEN a demo trade would be a significant improvement over this lousy state of affairs of TALK, TALK, TALK

circular motion with the right hand.

Come trade with me, you're invited, Ninja. smile.png

Honourable Sir Deadbroke, Esq.

not everybody participating in this thread is a trader or possesses the various means required to trade. let me add that there is also no need in this context for derogatory remarks concerning farang expat teachers who make THB35k because they have to focus on making ends meet and, as mentioned above, most probably do neither possess the financial means nor do they have the slightest experience as far as trading is concerned and (most important!) cannot afford to risk a part of their income doing risky trades.

Thread's receded to Page 6 = NO interest in the Gold

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Long @ $1297

which for me is good i Keep buying and am 95% + sure in end it will prove to be best thing I've done. Were about even for gold but very down on silver with around 2 million baht loss

well see over next few years I'm sure one way or another and if gold goes back to 800 $ and silver to say 12$ it will hurt financially a lot but not seriously affect our life

Trading paper gold and holding physical are two completely different discussions, driven by different motives...

You know times are getting interesting when an ex-mafioso mob boss advises the general public to hold physical...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101932292

who knows I've been into gold since 2008 crash and started buying when 800 then more and more sold out at 1240 and then back in at around 1300 and loaded up[ around 1500 and some at 1700 and loaded up again at around 12.30 overall probably about even except no income and for rest of our stuff we do get 6-9% return pa. Silver were down a lot.

But I'm not bothered I'm not trading its an insurance and now we have around 30% + in gold and silver probably just leave it at that until world sorts its financial mess out and debt or it goes through roof but i think risk of going down to say 1000 is remote and chances of double or triple or more higher.

I sleep better knowing max downturn is 99% sure 20% more while will property stocks etc it can and has often been 50% or much more

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting read from Money Week

How low can gold and silver go?

http://moneyweek.com/how-low-can-gold-and-silver-price-go/?utm_source=MMN&utm_medium=email&utm_content=v1-L1&utm_campaign=mmn-wednesday

Don't necessarily agree with all of it. I do think the quote below about ETFs is highly relevant. Applies to gold as well in my view. One complaint from goldbugs is always price manipulation. Often that's just a result of new products on the market.

What goldbugs continually underestimate is the impact ETFs had in the 2000's on pushing gold higher. They don't realise how much of their physical gains were due to people piling into gold via this route... people who would never normally have invested in gold. That route is of course 2 way...

"If those people holding silver in ETFs decide to sell, they could seriously hurt the price ­– just as the introduction of the ETFs brought in a lot of buying pressure in the late 2000s"

Long term though I do think that ETFs created additional demand and widened the investor base, and some of that ultimately will stick, but with it comes volatility

Cheers

Fletch :)

• 1 month later...

I think we both know similar question, similar answer Dr.Naam laugh.png

Remarkably quiet on here, from people saying buy buy buy, the end of the world is near; compared to a couple of years back when so many people and their dog on TV were saying to buy gold. That was probably the best indication to exit. Anyone buying 4 years ago would still be in negative territory and no income from it either.

I still hold some ETFs, as "insurance" but no desire to jump in and add more yet. Then again for me I'm quite happy to see my gold/silver/platinum ETFs lose money as that means the other stuff is likely in positive territory.

Where's gold and silver going from here? Anyone's guess as usual. Looks more like sideways down to me. When all of platinum/gold/silver flash buy on the daily technical analysis charts together with a warm feeling inside, I might consider adding. Consider mind you...

Cheers

Im not into gold, but loving silver at these prices, and picking up more than my usual amount. As with any investment, you want to buy low, and sell high.

Yes I don't think anyone would complain about buying low and selling high.

Looks like unfortunately you've been catching falling knives though over the last few weeks though. Down 15% or so since close of 19 Sep and not much above 15 now. Vicious slide

I'm also interested in adding more gold/platinum/silver ETFs at some point, but looks difficult to guess where they'll bottom.

Perhaps need the goldbugs and experts predicting the end of the world to make a call for us - seems somewhat quiet :)

Cheers

I'd have a couple of tubes -- with certain countries' penchant for the shiny stuff it'll likely go up in a big way when it's is all pulled up and plonked in vaults -- but where to put it? SD boxes seem to be as rare as rocking horse do, even in my country, and I certainly won't be bunging it on top of the wardrobe in good ole Muang Thai.

Let's see....no inflation problems, quite the opposite in fact, world isn't ending...stocks are still strong, bonds are stable...so why buy gold?

Value proposition, supply and demand?

Value at 1150?....average breakeven to run a mine....800 ish....add capex and it gets to a maximum of about 1000 but capex isn't necessary to just stay in business.

Supply and demand....even if every mine shut down totally there are still lots of sellers....lots of people loaded up on gold as it was going up and many want to sell before it's too late for them.

So I don't view gold as good value yet, in fact not even close. That doesn't mean it won't go up a bit, prices always fluctuate, just that I won't be buying and if it does go up I guess that will just be temporary.

Edited by paddyjenkins

• 4 weeks later...

With reports of gold prices approaching 50% over spot price in the east, the paper markets in the west are preparing for volatility in the metals markets...

Nothing spells stability like having to introduce a $400 wide circuit-breaker on the CME...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-11/what-do-they-know-cme-implements-gold-precious-metals-circuit-breakers-400-wide

What Do They Know? CME Implements Gold, Precious Metals Circuit Breakers Up To $400 Wide

With memorandum S-7258, titled "Implementation of New NYMEX/COMEX Rule Regarding Special Price Fluctuation Limits for Certain NYMEX and COMEX Metals Futures and Options Contracts" released moments ago by the CME Group, and set to become effective on December 21, 2014, and which seeks a 5 minute trading halt when "price movements in lead-month primary futures contracts result in triggering events"... "as a measure that is consistent with promoting price discovery and cash-futures price convergence" in order to "deter sharp price movements that may, for example, be driven by illiquid central limit order books prevailing from time to time in otherwise liquid markets", one wonders why now, and what does the CME know about upcoming volatility, or lack of liquidity, in the precious metals space that nobody else does (and does any of this have to do with the "berserk" algo test from November 25?)?