Where Is Gold Going In This Market

China only needs 300,000 of its population to replace the US for domestic consuption. Time to de peg

bla-bla-bla-bla... then why does China not use only 300k of its population and does away with the US as a buyer of its goods?

300K or 300M ?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

China only needs 300,000 of its population to replace the US for domestic consuption. Time to de peg

bla-bla-bla-bla... then why does China not use only 300k of its population and does away with the US as a buyer of its goods?

300K or 300M ?

only 300k because the purchase power of the average chinese citizen is ten times the pp of a US citizen (source austrian/canadian school of economic Keynes haters) :)

"was Gartman drunk when he wrote this? since when is a purchase of IMF gold "open" market? China must or must NOT suggest...? "

Probably drunk - He changes his view on gold often ? I think he says he hates gold so will give it a knock at every opportunity /

He says " Mr. Gartman predicts that we'll soon see a "rather severe" sell off of gold from legacy central banks of Europe to fund the oft-rumored European Monetary Fund or EMF."

I would think that Gold is the one asset they would hold on to ?

difficult to answer that question. in my view it depends whether the proposed EMF (European Monetary Fund) will be established.

only 300k because the purchase power of the average chinese citizen is ten times the pp of a US citizen

:):D

Yes well they do not eat as much meat as we do :D

Back to gold.......Well 2nd week of March ends & never did hit that 1080 I thought it would.

He says " Mr. Gartman predicts that we'll soon see a "rather severe" sell off of gold from legacy central banks of Europe to fund the oft-rumored European Monetary Fund or EMF."

Nonsense - why would they sell anything instead of just transferring the reserves?

Nonsense - why would they sell anything instead of just transferring the reserves?

because Guru Gartman says so :)

only 300k because the purchase power of the average chinese citizen is ten times the pp of a US citizen

:):D

Yes well they do not eat as much meat as we do :D

Back to gold.......Well 2nd week of March ends & never did hit that 1080 I thought it would.

made a mistake too. chinese per capita PP is (according to some learned scholars) a thousand times the one of US citizens.

"was Gartman drunk when he wrote this? since when is a purchase of IMF gold "open" market? China must or must NOT suggest...? "

Probably drunk - He changes his view on gold often ? I think he says he hates gold so will give it a knock at every opportunity /

difficult to answer that question. in my view it depends whether the proposed EMF (European Monetary Fund) will be established.

Germany considers c.bank gold reserves for EMF-paper

http://af.reuters.com/article/metalsNews/i...E62C05A20100313

Germany considers c.bank gold reserves for EMF-paper

http://af.reuters.com/article/metalsNews/i...E62C05A20100313

The Krauts are just warming the world up to the idea that the Euro has always been tied to gold and when push comes to shove, they will just revalue gold

The Krauts are just warming the world up to the idea that the Euro has always been tied to gold and when push comes to shove, they will just revalue gold

please check whether that rubber sheet is placed properly to protect your mattress from the proceeds of your wet dreams :)

According to whom, pray tell?

Honest question: Have you ever been to China? If so, which cities and in what capacity?

If your above quote was just sarcasm, I would categorize it as an "epic fail." If you honestly believe that, then "epic fail" encompasses much more than just your above quote....

According to whom, pray tell?

Honest question: Have you ever been to China? If so, which cities and in what capacity?

If your above quote was just sarcasm, I would categorize it as an "epic fail." If you honestly believe that, then "epic fail" encompasses much more than just your above quote....

The market will decide that they will have to de peg, It is already now. You can only control a market force for so long.

Short term ( Next month or so ) I feel more risks to the downside in Gold / Long term still a lot more upside -

If Markets continue to rise some investors may sell to diversify and lock in prifits and if markets fall investors may also sell to lock in profits /

ETF threat hangs over gold

http://www.miningmx.com/news/gold_and_silv...s-over-gold.htm

Short term ( Next month or so ) I feel more risks to the downside in Gold / Long term still a lot more upside -

I dont know given todays breaking 1116 resistance & then looks like 1127 resistance was also broken...market close in an hour

Interesting to watch :)

The market will decide that they will have to de peg, It is already now. You can only control a market force for so long.

Maybe, Sokal, but in a command economy 'so long' can run to several decades......

cheers,

Paul

I dont know given todays breaking 1116 resistance & then looks like 1127 resistance was also broken...market close in an hour

Taking another speculative plunge in gold here. Risk/Reward is managable and upside could develop rather quickly.

Sod's Law - See what the $ does -

i have a question and would appreciate an answer from one (or more) of the resident experts. my question ist:

Where is Gold going in this market? :)

Beats me & I am no expert....But many say a picture is worth a few words.....

Now before you break out your inflation adjusted picture of 1980 let me say............

My premise was never based on where it has been or where it is going... :D

post-51988-1268793479_thumb.png

Edited by flying

i have a question and would appreciate an answer from one (or more) of the resident experts. my question ist:

Beats me & I am no expert...

your graph speaks volumes :D

Beats me & I am no expert...

your graph speaks volumes :D

kitco???????? surely (I hope) you jest, flying.

Gold, hmm let me take a stab: 600USD/oz within 5 years (I just looked at that AWESOME kitco graph, made me want to go out and buy some gold but I decided to drink a glass of milk instead, so I guess I will "lose out" on the big time bling bling - oh well). Or somewhere between 0 and 1,000,000 USD/oz between today and the next step in evolution in say, 1 billion years.

Education is the best investment around.

kitco???????? surely (I hope) you jest, flying.

Gold, hmm let me take a stab: 600USD/oz within 5 years (I just looked at that AWESOME kitco graph, made me want to go out and buy some gold but I decided to drink a glass of milk instead, so I guess I will "lose out" on the big time bling bling - oh well). Or somewhere between 0 and 1,000,000 USD/oz between today and the next step in evolution in say, 1 billion years.

Education is the best investment around.

Oiii both you & Herr Naam are lacking the comprehension today :D Education may be your best investment....as you said.

But that aside.............

Here is what I posted......

Beats me & I am no expert....But many say a picture is worth a few words.....

Now before you break out your inflation adjusted picture of 1980 let me say............

My premise was never based on where it has been or where it is going...

Yes I guess that 10 year chart is from Kitco it was the 1st on the list when typing 10 year gold chart.

Would it be different if it were from another site? Are you saying the chart is a fake due to the source?

If so I can post a few others.....Not that it would change my post about not caring...

Because my post said.....as above....My premise was never based on where it has been or where it is going

When most ask a silly question like where is gold going I usually refer them to a chart because........well Naam's dog stole my crystal ball so how should I or anyone know where gold is going? The first to answer Naam's Q on where is gold going will be the first to be told by Naam that they are wrong & none knows.

You know? :):D

Edited by flying

The first to answer Naam's Q on where is gold going will be the first to be told by Naam that they are wrong & none knows. You know? :):D

not necessarily wrong but that he/she possesses a wealth of no idea :D

$1350 in 10 months. Some $25 to $50 swings. Thats all in US fiat though. Gold has been getting cheaper for me here in Canada, which means I am getting wealthier. :D

Depends on which time frame?

In my view the possibilities are:

Short-Term (4-12 weeks) $1100-1400

Medium-Term (12-24 weeks) $1000-1400

Long-Term (24 weeks - 2 yrs) $1000-1750+

good call, I agree.

$1350 in 10 months. Some $25 to $50 swings. Thats all in US fiat though. Gold has been getting cheaper for me here in Canada, which means I am getting wealthier. :)

Imagine how much wealthier you would be if Gold halved for you there in Canada. :D

Depends on which time frame?

In my view the possibilities are:

Short-Term (4-12 weeks) $1100-1400

Medium-Term (12-24 weeks) $1000-1400

Long-Term (24 weeks - 2 yrs) $1000-1750+

In summary; over 4-104 weeks, down or up.

Thanks