Yellow Book

I wonder how to obtain a yellow book and the fee for that.

As far as i know my condo is registrated at a land office but it dont proof that I live there or that my condo is my residence here in Thailand.

Its time to renew mine driving licenses and I have to apply for a residence certificate at immigration but I have been told that if I got a yellow book its no need to visit immigration when I have to buy a car or get a new driving license and so on.

If someone knows more about this matter please let me know.

Regards

Blue books are issued for freehold condominium ownership in the Farang quota. Full Stop. (I know because I and many others have one)

Yellow books, I don't know leasehold/company ownership maybe? Seem to be associated with land house issues more than condominium issues.

But IMO you need a blue book.

Yellow book just shows proof of the registered address in Thailand. It can be issued to anyone living in Thailand – but at many places it is now getting more difficult to get. You do not need to own a property to get it but if you rent it requires the acceptance of the landlord.

The blue book shows the owner of the unit (house or condo) as well as all Thai people registered as living in the property. Farangs are not allowed to be specified in the blue book.

A farang condominium owner can get a blue book stating he is the owner of the property but he is not entitled to be registered in the blue book as living in the property. Hereby the farang needs a yellow book anyway if he needs "proof of address".

The above is how it is supposed to be but there are plenty of “unofficial” exceptions as always in LOS.

No more comments from me on this topic as all information easily can be found to anyone following sbk´s advice.

Edited by tominchaam

Yellow book just shows proof of the registered address in Thailand. It can be issued to anyone living in Thailand – but at many places it is now getting more difficult to get. You do not need to own a property to get it but if you rent it requires the acceptance of the landlord.

The blue book shows the owner of the unit (house or condo) as well as all Thai people registered as living in the property. Farangs are not allowed to be specified in the blue book.

A farang condominium owner can get a blue book stating he is the owner of the property but he is not entitled to be registered in the blue book as living in the property. Hereby the farang needs a yellow book anyway if he needs "proof of address".

The above is how it is supposed to be but there are plenty of "unofficial" exceptions as always in LOS.

No more comments from me on this topic as all information easily can be found to anyone following sbk´s advice.

Thanks that really clarified things for me - Basically the yellow book is a form of ID and has nothing to do with property ownership. It is just proof of address. All is now clear.

You should have two other documents on Thai legal sized paper (odd sized paper). These should also help you.

Edited by pkrv