Where Can I Buy Grass In Pattay

Dario

This might sound like a stupid question; does anyone know where I could find some pregrown grass pieces, the kind which are made for golf courses, etc? I don't need that much, of course. :o

I've been told at the place where we bought our palm trees, that some markets sell them.

Edited by Dario

After a few initial searches we have always ended up using the same garden centre for all the grass we use.

From Pattaya head towards Sattahip on the Sukhumvit, just after Bang Saray you will come to a major intersection with traffic lights do a U turn there and then the garden centre is the first one you come too on your left heading back towards Pattaya. (app 100m).

Delevired every day so always fresh, depends how much you need they can deliver.

They have both kinds too. For your info each Turf is 0.5 Sqm.

Happy Landscaping!! :o

This might sound like a stupid question; does anyone know where I could find some pregrown grass pieces, the kind which are made for golf courses, etc? I don't need that much, of course. :o

I've been told at the place where we bought our palm trees, that some markets sell them.

on sat and sunday there is a plant market on sukhumvit neaxt door to mini siam ,lots of stuff there including grass ,if you dont see any ask a stallholder,they all have garden centres.

After a few initial searches we have always ended up using the same garden centre for all the grass we use.

From Pattaya head towards Sattahip on the Sukhumvit, just after Bang Saray you will come to a major intersection with traffic lights do a U turn there and then the garden centre is the first one you come too on your left heading back towards Pattaya. (app 100m).

Delevired every day so always fresh, depends how much you need they can deliver.

I always buy turf grass and every other garden stuff there as well. Handy for me and MUCH cheaper than anywhere else.

You can also order the turf in full 1X1 meter squares if you order them. They will deliver direct from upcountry after you pay the shop. Be sure to go through the stock when they deliver to get rid of the less quality remnants!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your valuable contributions. Well here is what we did:

we went to the plant market on Sukhumvit road which was recommended to me, the one almost across from the BKK General Hospital.

We bought 2 more plants for our garden and inquired for grass.

Yes, of course, they were experts in that, but we were recommended a more pricy kind of grass (55 Baht/m2), because there is quite some shade during daytime at the place where most of the grass had to be planted. I counted a maximum of maybe 30 m2.

Anyway the people came 2 days later, last week Monday and did quite a good job, I must say. It was pourring down heavily that afternoon (Oct 20th), but they kept working and the result looked very good to us.

Yes, I forgot, they suggested to add some more plants at the back, my wife agreed, so the "boss" asked my wife 500 Baht (dunno for what) so she gave him 1,000, because she didn't have 500 Baht.

Anyway, when we asked how much we had to pay, we were presented a bill of 9,000 Baht, 3,750 Baht being for the grass, 3,000 for working, the rest for the plants and earth. In our astonishment, we forgot to claim to deduct the 1,000 Baht my wife had given.

They said they would guarantee the lawn for one month and would come on Monday, Oct 27. Naturally, nobody turned up and nobody ever called.

We will go back to that market, we might get the phone number of the gang, who knows, but not sure.

Having lived in the LOS for almost 22 years, I must admit, I am still greener than a greenhorn, the Thais still succeed in brushing me up. I reiterate this story, because I want you to know about it. Try to be smarter than me and my Thai wife!

Oh dear!! if you had gone to the place Rimmer and myself recommended....28Bt/Sqm for normal grass, and 30Bt/Sqm for the broad leaved variety... and the Old Lady that runs it usually gives us a couple of plants for FREE!!, live and learn eh!!

As a reference for others still needing to buy grass :o

Fom Sukhumvit drive up Soi Siam Country Club road. 100 meters down the road on the left you'll see a small garden center.

Roughly same prices as mentioned above.

Or keep on driving, 200 meters past the junction where you turn right for the elephant farm, on the right hand side. Much bigger place with plants etc...

Regarding the planting of the grass, indeed they charge almost double per sqm if they have to put it in, but that's on 25 Baht/sqm grass. On 55 Baht/sqm gras I would expect the planting would still be 25 Baht/sqm!

• 2 months later...
As a reference for others still needing to buy grass :o

Fom Sukhumvit drive up Soi Siam Country Club road. 100 meters down the road on the left you'll see a small garden center.

Roughly same prices as mentioned above.

Or keep on driving, 200 meters past the junction where you turn right for the elephant farm, on the right hand side. Much bigger place with plants etc...

both now gone