Chinese Teacher Need A Help ( Tl, Wp)

Dear all,

I am a Chinese native speaker, i have worked for an International school for a year. I got a tempolory TL for 2 years. I renewed once few days ago ( after 1 year)

My qualification as below:

1. BBA in Hotel

2. MBA in International business

3. I am doing Thai culture course now

Will I have any problem to get a real TL for next year after MOE and TCT have changed the rules?

what should I do ( Do I need to take a Mater of Education in Thailand?)

Need your advice!

Thanks

Tony

You have a lot of qualifications (maybe not education related) and sound experienced, but only the MOE of department of labor can tell you exactally what you need or what they can do for you based on what you have. Remember, anything goes in Thailand, and you will be assessed on a case by case basis. If they like you, you will get approved. If not, they will tell you what you need. But, you will not need to do a masters degree in Education, at most, a post graduate certificate..................

You have a lot of qualifications (maybe not education related) and sound experienced, but only the MOE of department of labor can tell you exactally what you need or what they can do for you based on what you have. Remember, anything goes in Thailand, and you will be assessed on a case by case basis. If they like you, you will get approved. If not, they will tell you what you need. But, you will not need to do a masters degree in Education, at most, a post graduate certificate..................

Hi, Aussiestyle,

Thank you very much for your reply, I think if MOE exactly follow the new rules to do the work, even i got a DBA, i will be considered as a unqualified chinese teacher. Anyway, i had a training certificate of teaching chinese ( but i got that within 1 month in China)

I think as you say, i need to prepare a a post graduate certificated ( at least one year base), do you know any university in Thailand has provide this certificate....

Regards,

Tony

I know of many Filippinos there who have less qualifications than you and recently got their TL and WP renewed. Most of those only had Bachelor degrees in nursing or IT. They mentioned that they needed to do IELTS, or whatever the name of that english ability test is in order to proceed. That is all I know. Perhaps others could tell you of Thai institutions offering the post-grad course, but you could consider doing it online or via distance education from an Australian, UK, or USA university. At least it would be more widely recognised and more credible than from a Thai uni. Just seek more advice before you do anything, because like I said, you do have a few degrees to your name which is all Thai's want to see. A TEFL might also help you.