Yahoo Group -- How To Stop Getting Email?

Trevor

I subscribed to a Yahoo group and get my Yahoo email box full of postings. I edited preferences to 'no email' & it ignored. I then unsubscribed the group and it still emails me all postings.

How can I get it to listen? Thanks.

Don't waste any more time trying to get them to listen. Just add a filter to your e-mail client. Use the from address and set the filter to automatically forward all mail received from that address to the trash bin.

Depending on what flavor of Yahoo! you happen to be using, take a look in Mail Options and see if you have an option for Address Guard. If you do, read how to set it up and you can then easily solve any future problems by using disposable e-mail addresses.

I subscribed to a Yahoo group and get my Yahoo email box full of postings.  I edited preferences to 'no email' & it ignored.  I then unsubscribed the group and it still emails me all postings. 

How can I get it to listen?  Thanks.

Worst comes to worst.... click on "This Is Spam"

They'll get the picture.

cv

I subscribed to a Yahoo group and get my Yahoo email box full of postings.  I edited preferences to 'no email' & it ignored.  I then unsubscribed the group and it still emails me all postings. 

How can I get it to listen?  Thanks.

It can take a few day for it to respond to the changes. One guy found it took several days for it to respond to a change of e-mail address. My theory is that Yahoo groups puts incoming posts on a stack, and adds them to the group archives on a last in first out basis. Thus, while it can take only a few minutes for a post to make it to the archives, one post last week took 11 days. That is not the record - I think the record is something like a month! Possibly setting changes also work like that.