Border Run To Cambo

Hello chaps

I might need to make a border run to Cambo that I didn't expect to have to do (long story) this week. Does anyone have any info as to what's the best way to do this by bus from Ekkamai? I don't want to take a Jack Golf trip, since I'm stopping on the way back in Ko Chang for a few days. Thanks.

mk

Take a bus from Bangkok to Trat (it's on the Bangkok-Rayong-Chantaburi route, after Chantaburi). Change at the Trat bus station to a local minibus service to Hat Lek, which is about an hour+ away and right on the Cambodian border. Leave and re-enter Thailand here and get your stamp (the Cambodian border post is called Cham Yeam), and have a beer and a bite to eat in the nice cafe with the blue roof and sea view just a few yards from the border in Hat Lek. Then catch a minibus again back to Trat bus station. The ferries to Koh Chang depart from a place very near to Trat (Laem Ngop, or something like that). Ask at the bus station how to get to Koh Chang, or else just hire a songtaew (there are usually several of them at Trat bus station).

The Cambodian immigration officers at Cham Yeam are notorious for over-charging for visas. To avoid this, get a Cambodian e-visa beforehand.

Getting back to Bangkok will be a breeze, wherever you stay on Koh Chang will be able to advise you.

Hope that helps.