Bus Station In Thailand - Mochit

jetzie

hi guys,

does anyone know how can i make an advance booking for a bus ticket up from bangkok to chiangrai?

i will be in bangkok on 25 december and i need to be in maesai the next day.

I'm worried that if i reach on 25th and head down to the station the tickets might be full, ending up in a wasted trip.

is there anyway i can make an advance booking for the bus tickets?

please great assistance will be much appreaciated..

Dont most public buses run on the hour or so to most places, meaning you just show up and get a ticket for the next one?

No, not this route-that too far from BKK-and it has no train nearby either-besides-advance booking for trains from foreign sferes also has its own difficulties.

The prob is; there is NO major comp. doping all routes-even though many unknowing farang al claim them to be the ''govmt.-bus''-there is an assortment of various prvate companies-some running the best VIP/1st cl. buses, some those and lower graded 2nd cl-and others only 2nd. cl. you MUST know which comp. you want before you can try to book-this tipically means they ''hold'' the seat for 1-2-3 days-in which you should have bought the ticket. Some of the comp-s to Mae Sai are INDRA TOur-yes, office in the Indra Hotel in Pratunam and MAE SAI tour-with its own office somewhere in that moloch of Mochit. and some others too.

25/12 is not a holiday in Thaild-also not yet really in the 1/1 crush out of BKK-so if youre that little bit felxible and can live with maybe a lower grade of bus-then wait till there. Otherwise find aThai friend-you'll have to speak that anyway for the booking to get across as you want it. Also there are many, many more buses to Ch_Rai-you certainly find a seat to there-and then change next morning.

Dont most public buses run on the hour or so to most places, meaning you just show up and get a ticket for the next one?

No, not this route-that too far from BKK-and it has no train nearby either-besides-advance booking for trains from foreign sferes also has its own difficulties.

The prob is; there is NO major comp. doping all routes-even though many unknowing farang al claim them to be the ''govmt.-bus''-there is an assortment of various prvate companies-some running the best VIP/1st cl. buses, some those and lower graded 2nd cl-and others only 2nd. cl. you MUST know which comp. you want before you can try to book-this tipically means they ''hold'' the seat for 1-2-3 days-in which you should have bought the ticket. Some of the comp-s to Mae Sai are INDRA TOur-yes, office in the Indra Hotel in Pratunam and MAE SAI tour-with its own office somewhere in that moloch of Mochit. and some others too.

25/12 is not a holiday in Thaild-also not yet really in the 1/1 crush out of BKK-so if youre that little bit felxible and can live with maybe a lower grade of bus-then wait till there. Otherwise find aThai friend-you'll have to speak that anyway for the booking to get across as you want it. Also there are many, many more buses to Ch_Rai-you certainly find a seat to there-and then change next morning.

Hmmm interesting ad ,,, I mean reply. Anyone else confused?

I've never had much luck getting information re: advanced bookings. I end up going to Mor Chit to buy tickets several days before my journey. It's a pain. There was supposed to be some on-line booking/ticketing facility but I can't get it to work.

http://203.147.11.41/cgi-bin/tcl_ticketing/TKS101

According to this schedule there is a 24-seat VIP (999) bus departing Bangkok daily for Chiang Rai at 8 PM. Note the contact telephone numbers. Maybe someone could call for you?

http://www.transport.co.th/999_timebusnorth48.asp

There are of course 32 and 40 seat buses plying this route more often.

I'm only referencing Government buses, and not those operated by provate companies. I'd submit, based on the number of train derailments, crashes and flooded-out tracks, Government buses are much safer than rail travel.

Edited by lomatopo