Thaksin Guilty In Land Case, Gets 2-year Imprisonment

george

Doesn't it make you wonder how a 22 year old daughter can buy a 7.8 million dollar Hong Kong home

just last week, with no more than a few days a McDonalds on her resume...?

Think SHE made 8 mil on her own?

so where is the problem here? that the family have money that you don't have? envious?

I bought my first Merc E class as soon as I got my driving license.Guess what. I had not earned a single cent in my life then. Not even a few days at McDonalds. Is there a problem with that?

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't it make you wonder how a 22 year old daughter can buy a 7.8 million dollar Hong Kong home

so where is the problem here? that the family have money that you don't have? envious?

I bought my first Merc E class as soon as I got my driving license.Guess what. I had not earned a single cent in my life then. Not even a few days at McDonalds. Is there a problem with that?

Only if your family had stolen money from the taxpayers of your home country in order to pay for the Merc.

Well if people build in baht with repayments for 25 years, but the loan is in months or single years in USD there is always the risk that it won't be rolled over.

George Soros the bogeyman realised that a fixed exchange rate with free capital flows is a recipe for disaster. Economics 101.

Fortunately, domestic Thai business has largely learnt its lesson. It is better to borrow locally at a slightly higher interest rate than to run the risk of repayments and currency fluctuation by borrowing from overseas. Lets hope the FED rate at 0 percent doesn't change that.

I saw on tv Democrat Party people started talking with Caucasians.

Their style is to borrow from foreigners.

Khun Thaksin has thought of the Asian Bonds we work with China, Japan, etc. Cheaper than borrowing from farangs.

No I'm not anti-farang. I'm for better options.

I trade shares all the time. I don't pay tax for any gain because the law said so.

If you buy your shares at 1 baht from a neighbour and try to sell them on SET at market value, you will have to pay tax.

Thaksin (actually his children) have to pay tax on te transaction they completed off SET a day before the Shin sale, the transaction where they bought millions of shares from Ample Rich for a token.

NO ONE is taxing the Shin sale itself, only shenanigans that went on earlier on when the family consolidated their holdings in various dummy companies.

I have also owned SE class and homes on 3 continents.

But I already had a '57 Chevy Nomad before I got my license...

No P_D I am not envious. Actually I wouldn't want to be Thaksin's kids at all.

Living on the proceeds of past generation's labor's is no crime.

But it is made better by actually doing something constructive or even laudible,

when the power of those assets is available for your use.

Old money is fine, but usually is best matched with discretion and good taste...

It's not envy,

it's a specifically a comment on his assets conceilment machinations

and the risks he has exposed his naive children too, nothing more.

Edited by animatic

Well if people build in baht with repayments for 25 years, but the loan is in months or single years in USD there is always the risk that it won't be rolled over.

George Soros the bogeyman realised that a fixed exchange rate with free capital flows is a recipe for disaster. Economics 101.

Fortunately, domestic Thai business has largely learnt its lesson. It is better to borrow locally at a slightly higher interest rate than to run the risk of repayments and currency fluctuation by borrowing from overseas. Lets hope the FED rate at 0 percent doesn't change that.

Khun Thaksin has thought of the Asian Bonds we work with China, Japan, etc. Cheaper than borrowing from farangs.

Koo you are talking with caucasians too.

You want better options than talking to white people?

You think China doesn't want interest on it's loans?

You think getting loans from other Asians saves money,

even when volitile exchange rates are involved???

Sorry dear, but if it isn't Thailand money,

it has the SAME risk of external change effecting pay back and asset values.

If you follow Thaksin's new attempt at inter-regional leadership , (while on the run)

he suggest creating essentially an ASIAN IMF...

(With him being a top honcho no doubt.)

His latest Sam Moon propigated thing is exactly like THE IMF

only not as big

and not as well financed

and not having any caucasians involved.

No blacks or non-Asians of any flavor.

But an IMF clone none the less.

Edited by animatic

No, you're just racist and bigoted. Guess mainland Chinese are not considered "foreigners" these days in your book? Learned that attitude from Uncle Thakky? Again, I repeat, you have more in common with certain elements in PAD than you'd ever care to admit. But infatuation with a thieving criminal who has done more damage to Thailand than all his predecssors added together, prevents you from seeing this simple truth. :o

Not sure if we less tanned sorts should be insulted or not?

All successful caucasians should be avoided

because they ALL make their living managing funds.

So their experience should also be avoided,

lest they disagree and someone loses face.

Uh, SJ,

that was a Koo82 quote not mine....

Anyone got comments on Thaky's agra-business dealings?

Edited by animatic

who has done more damage to Thailand than all his predecssors added together

I can't see any damage Khun Thaksin did to Thailand. Thailand developed a lot when he was the PM. Countries nearby wish they had such a PM.

Thais had money to save during his time and they didn't lose like during 1997.

When did I say Khun Thaksin does not like farangs or does not want to deal with farangs?

You want to think it is best to take IMF loan and pay in 60 years. Keep that idea to yourself. Your choice.

I wish you would read what I have written.

Clearly you mis-interpret on a regular basis.

Thaksin took a loan from the IMF due in 2 years and spread it out at

higher interest for a much LONGER time to Singapore.

Who now gets the profits. Score one for Singapore.

Just so Thaksin could remove scrutiny on HIS maneuverings. Nothing more nothing less.

This scrutiny that he didn't like, was quite acceptable to previous governments,

because THEIR business interests were not hampered by

watchdogs keeping things honest and on the level

Thailand has been a MEMBER of IMF, willingly for 60 years.

Only in Thaksin's time has it been thought a bad thing.

And that thinking was only to suit his business / propaganda needs.

Edited by animatic

Can you refresh my mind which case Singapore got the profits from Thailand?

Can you refresh my mind which case Singapore got the profits from Thailand?

That part about HIGHER INTEREST / LONGER TIME...

Read my part about paying sooner to stop being controlled by IMF.

I read it several times and explained in detail WHY he wanted to do that.

And it wasn't a return to national soveregnity as you stated either.

Control is not what was happening.

It was a biding by a set of agreed upon rules.

IMF was advisory. Thaksin could have saved the country money,

but chose differently. For his own business reasons.

You clearly never read the posted FACTS of what was going on.

You just repeat the same things over and over.

Love Thaksin all you want, that's NOT the issue.

Please read the links to IMF I posted.

It is in YOUR benefit, not mine, to know this stuff.

Your view is not the same as mine.

You can't understand what a Thai living through 1997 crisis understands.

You used links and facts to sound you know this and that, but I don't see them the way you do.

You can't change what I'm thinking no matter how many times you post. Khun Thaksin is not perfect but he did not send Somkiat and Kasit to block airports. What is wrong with him making money and the poor Thais had better lives? His biggest mistake was to let them know they can have their voices to demand, to question and to choose, not just to serve and obey the minority of rich people. His other evil doing was he sat where others wanted to sit.

Your view is not the same as mine.

You can't understand what a Thai living through 1997 crisis understands.

You used links and facts to sound you know this and that, but I don't see them the way you do.

You can't change what I'm thinking no matter how many times you post. Khun Thaksin is not perfect but he did not send Somkiat and Kasit to block airports. What is wrong with him making money and the poor Thais had better lives? His biggest mistake was to let them know they can have their voices to demand, to question and to choose, not just to serve and obey the minority of rich people. His other evil doing was he sat where others wanted to sit.

Koo 1997 didn't JUST happen in Thailand.

I followed it from Europe in detail.

What you call his biggest mistake I don't see as a mistake.

He let that genie out of the bottle, but not in a way he could control indefinitely.

I support the people of Issan having a voice in their destiny,

with the one demand

that they be given ACCURATE information to make their decisions with.

So far that has NOT been the case.

I highly suspect that your attitude about getting DIFFERENT information

than you have received up till now, and ignoring it, is part and parcel of

the Thaksin attempt at controlling the run away train he started,

but he lost control and is only banging around trying to create a direction for it.

You really need to not try and tie PAD's actions to the stuff of 5-8 years ago,

as an excuse to not read about what was kept from you back then.

It's just not a viable excuse.

A straight ahead set of questions :

Did you read the IMF and Thailand links I put here for you?

Or did you just say they must be lies and ignore them?

Do you notice that the usual guys who would argue with me,

are NOT in this thread shouting me down and calling me a padista?

Why might that be?

I post it as I see it.

I don't live in a Pro-Thaksin province and I only lost a little in the 1997 crisis in stock market. Khun Thaksin did not control my thoughts. I don't agree to some of his ideas but generally what he did were good for those in need. I didn't earn anything from his schemes / campaigns.

Seeing what is happening now why Democ Rat is in charge, I wish Khun Thaksin would come back to be PM.

To answer your question, I don't read every single link from internet and I don't trust what Abhisit is saying publicly. This party is famous for making nice appearance.

One of the PAD leaders said Khun Thaksin was the best PM. After his requests were refused, Khun Thaksin turned out to be the worst person.

Now only you and I are talking here, you can stop quoting my whole post when you reply (if you still have the desire to argue).

Mr. koo; you do not trust what the present pm is saying and yet you seem to very pro T. After several years of mis information, back peddling, out lies, etc. Compared to the new pm (less than a week) with hindsight being 20/20, you amaze me with your statements and the forethought they required. Merry xmas

I post it as I see it.

I don't live in a Pro-Thaksin province and I only lost a little in the 1997 crisis in stock market. Khun Thaksin did not control my thoughts. ....

To answer your question, I don't read every single link from internet and I don't trust what Abhisit is saying publicly......

Now only you and I are talking here, you can stop quoting my whole post when you reply (if you still have the desire to argue).

Well Koo I was sp-ecifically having a dialog with you in this thread since so few others

decided to join in. I HAD hoped that you would at least read the links I provided

SPECIFICALLY for YOUR benefit, so thjat you could see things from a different perspective.

Not that that would change your mindset, but that an INFORMED mind can make it's own decisions.

It's not like I have been acting cruel towards you. No flames, just reasoning.

But it seems you decided to ignore direct quotes from the IMF with full page citations.

This was not a blogger like Bangkok Pundit's opinions, or a corporate love fest,

but direct from the source information from an international organization trying

to eradicate poverty world wide. That you choose not to read further is your right,

but it makes it impossible to have an true open dialog when you refuse to look at

anything at odds with your pre-existing opinions.

Argue

–verb (used without object)

1. to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.

2. to contend in oral disagreement; dispute: The Senator argued with the President about the new tax bill.

–verb (used with object)

3. to state the reasons for or against: The lawyers argued the case.

4. to maintain in reasoning: to argue that the news report must be wrong.

5. to persuade, drive, etc., by reasoning: to argue someone out of a plan.

6. to show; prove; imply; indicate: His clothes argue poverty.

These are the tacks I have used in this discussion.

But if you choose not to look at information that is not what you previously believed as truth,

then there is no point of discussion. I have provided you ample evidence for my points.

But you choose not to read it....

Edited by animatic

I post it as I see it.

I don't live in a Pro-Thaksin province and I only lost a little in the 1997 crisis in stock market. Khun Thaksin did not control my thoughts. ....

To answer your question, I don't read every single link from internet and I don't trust what Abhisit is saying publicly......

Well Koo I was sp-ecifically having a dialog with you in this thread since so few others

decided to join in. I HAD hoped that you would at least read the links I provided

SPECIFICALLY for YOUR benefit, so thjat you could see things from a different perspective.

Not that that would change your mindset, but that an INFORMED mind can make it's own decisions.

It's not like I have been acting cruel towards you. No flames, just reasoning.

But it seems you decided to ignore direct quotes from the IMF with full page citations.

This was not a blogger like Bangkok Pundit's opinions, or a corporate love fest,

but direct from the source information from an international organization trying

to eradicate poverty world wide. That you choose not to read further is your right,

but it makes it impossible to have an true open dialog when you refuse to look at

anything at odds with your pre-existing opinions.

Argue

–verb (used without object)

1. to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.

2. to contend in oral disagreement; dispute: The Senator argued with the President about the new tax bill.

–verb (used with object)

3. to state the reasons for or against: The lawyers argued the case.

4. to maintain in reasoning: to argue that the news report must be wrong.

5. to persuade, drive, etc., by reasoning: to argue someone out of a plan.

6. to show; prove; imply; indicate: His clothes argue poverty.

These are the tacks I have used in this discussion.

But if you choose not to look at information that is not what you previously believed as truth,

then there is no point of discussion. I have provided you ample evidence for my points.

But you choose not to read it....

Or you could just put him on your "ignore" list Ani...thats what I did a long time again lol!

Koo is not a Mr. and not "him". It's her, though I'm not sure about Ms/Mrs status.

Her disregard for human life and indulgence in shit bags are puzzling.

I have gone on the assumtion she is a mother.

And mothers guide and raise the following generations.

So I thought it was important she understand if she wishes to

discuss, but yes about the time the sacks of faeces were brought up,

I started saying time to wind this down...

U gave it the old college try though.

Ah well time to go play some Xmas blues.

She doesn't wish to discuss anything.

She just wants to tell everybody how she loves Thaksin.

Her feelings for a man are understandable.

Two words of rebuttle for the inverse equation:

Margaret Thatcher!

Edited by animatic