Thaksin Guilty In Land Case, Gets 2-year Imprisonment

george

Who don't agree with you aka on Khun Thaksin's side are accused of trolling.

Who post daily how bad Khun Thaksin is are applauded.

Not really. I got about half way through posting a serious reply as to (I can't believe I'm about to type this but) the reasons why the leader of a country and his wife dodging taxes can damage a country, but then thought no - this has to be a wind up. It is a wind up isn't it?

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. I got about half way through posting a serious reply as to (I can't believe I'm about to type this but) the reasons why the leader of a country and his wife dodging taxes can damage a country, but then thought no - this has to be a wind up. It is a wind up isn't it?

Did I say there was no damage?

There must be good reasons why some people sit night and day to post how bad he is.

Koo, haven't you noticed that you are practically the only member here who argues that Thaksin is good?

If you weren't so cute in your misguided belief I wouldn't even bother replying to with you.

There are few who would argue that Thaksin is other than deeply flawed.At the same time he has been the most accomplished politician in Thailand for at least fifty years, and his legacy contains positive as well as negative features.It's a legitimate debate to argue where the balance lies.He was however the catalyst for the politicisation of the Thai majority, and regardless of his personal fate his influence remains enormous.That's why the feudal elite together with their military and corporate acolytes still fear him.

None of the above is new, and I only repeat it to make the point that those who see Thaksin as some kind of secular saint are no more naive and preposterous than those who regard him as the devil incarnate, ie without any redeeming features.Some on this forum are apparently content to live in a cartoon world devoid of shade and nuance:that's their privilege but it's not real life.

One of the not many intelligent posts, above. It is a bit depressing to see foreigners getting into the emotional goodies/baddies slanging matches. For the Thais, I think the polarisation is to a certain extent the lack of intelligent debate that goes on in public and the unwillingness to deal with the issues partly because often they can't be talked about.

Seeing as how some foreigners readily latch onto this so easily I think it is perhaps a warning sign of how politics could disintegrate in some countries if the mass media ever slithered down to a lower level than it has already reached. It is in fact an example of how media shouldn't stoop down to the levels of what is popular but should be forced to produce at least a significant portion of material for those that actually want to think.

What we are seeing at the moment is a result of many things, although one thing is predominantly the catalyst.

That there is corruption and vote buying and all those things is part of the parcel, and the Democrats have played that game just as much as the others. Predominantly you have an old elite that wants to stay in charge but there are not many that have the capabilities to govern, especially true if you are talking about the military.

On the sidelines you have the fact that significant portions of the country don't like Bangkokification and have seen the fact that their numbers can make a difference to what kind of government they receive.

Ultimately this situation could have been prevented or the situation not allowed to get so polarised. But because of the root causes , this is basically where we have to be.

Am the only one who believes this was implied by your original post?

Not really. I got about half way through posting a serious reply as to (I can't believe I'm about to type this but) the reasons why the leader of a country and his wife dodging taxes can damage a country

I would suggest you be a little more careful as to how you express your posts.

A full post was in progress, but as mentioned, I thought it would ultimately be superfluous - I'm well aware people's opinions on here don't sway too easily.

Oh so many paragraphs again, about the same non-issue.

Thaskin should come back and face the music. Period.

There's no "fight for democracy", "class struggles", "mass awakening" or anything.

One man flight from justice, that's all there is to it.

Why endlessly carp on about his good side, bad side, front side, backside?

WHO CARES?

They're scurrying to cover all angles what with Justice Minister Somsak Kiartsuranont's plan to suspend prison terms for certain type of new convicts, ostensibly in order to solve the overcrowding problem at prisons. Just coincidence, I'm sure, that under the plan, it would save many politicians from having to serve adjudicated prison time, including ex-PM Thaksin and his wife as well as ex-PM Samak.

Edited by sriracha john

No, you are not the only one Insight.

Koo may not have said it outright but she certainly implied it.

There's no "fight for democracy", "class struggles", "mass awakening" or anything.

WHO CARES?

Simply repeating a mantra doesn't make it true.We've heard this facile line from you a thousand times, and it is demonstrably nonsense.Not even your crazed PAD heroes believe it's just about one man's flight from justice.

No, you are not the only one Insight.

Koo may not have said it outright but she certainly implied it.

Ditto.

If only the land case wasn't the only probable damage he has done...

The damage to checks and balances was blatant and real and VERY dangerous.

The other cases going through the courts are MUCH bigger deals.

Regardless of his raising taxes to 'clear IMF loan',

the point is a lot of the IMF loan money NEVER got there.

What did get there was a big off shore bond issue

with Thai passport holders exempt fromn purchasing this

long term Thailand debt. Koo your children will be paying for Thaksin

clearing the IMF debt HIS way, not the way most other countries did.

Regardless of good he did, and YH sums it well,

he is still a wanted criminal NOW, and by HIS actions.

He can whine about crooked courts, but they were MORE crooked under his watch.

They just benefited HIM, so he liked it.

When they don't he doesn't like it.

Two years was a slap on the wrist, he could have done the time in totally bribed luxury.

Unless of course you think a prison commandanté wouldn't happily take 2 million baht to

ignore Thaksin's steak, lobster and concubine deliveries. He would be out before two years,

and 'a man martred for freedom', he could market himself as a Thai Nelson Mandela,

and many would believe him.

But he hasn't the nerve to take his medicine.

Probably because he FEARS the OTHER cases coming down the line even more.

2 years may seem like a walk in the park in comparison.

WHO CARES?

Simply repeating a mantra doesn't make it true.We've heard this facile line from you a thousand times, and it is demonstrably nonsense.Not even your crazed PAD heroes believe it's just about one man's flight from justice.

You have been wrong before on Thaivisa YH and you're doing it again. It's about one man's ego and a lot of money. I

It's about one man's ego and a lot of money.

Well I can agree with that but my interpretation of who we are talking about and the money he is protecting might be a little different from yours.

Gosh, I was trying so hard to tip toe around and now someone has stepped straight in the cow pat .

I see, it's about someone else's money that was under threat from Thaksin.

:o

>>>

You know, if a dog enters a room, the first thing he'd do is to find some shit. If there's no shit, he'd mark the room himself.

They just need some shit to fill their lives. Same as with your conspiracy theories, and yours get wackier everyday.

Koo your children will be paying for Thaksin

My children won't pay for how Khun Thaksin cleared the IMF loan but for the mess people are making now by those retroactive laws to punish Khun Thaksin. Those laws brought Khun Samak down. Now Khun Somchai appears not strong enough to deal with the current mess and I don't know how long PPP can stay.

Sometimes I think we should let the Democrat Party or army people (or anyone) to run Thailand as they desire. All fights will stop. This will be the best example to show the world how a country can go back to the past nicely. Thais by then will go to Laos and Myanmar to work as labors.

Well I can agree with that but my interpretation of who we are talking about and the money he is protecting might be a little different from yours.

We're talking about the ego-maniac Thaksin. What ego-maniac are you talking about?

Take a wild guess.

I see, it's about someone else's money that was under threat from Thaksin.

:o

>>>

You know, if a dog enters a room, the first thing he'd do is to find some shit. If there's no shit, he'd mark the room himself.

They just need some shit to fill their lives. Same as with your conspiracy theories, and yours get wackier everyday.

Yes but I recognise when I'm being a bit wacky, and admit error when I'm wrong.

You and your less cerebral acolytes never admit error even when off the loony scale as with your Moony fantasy

We're talking about the ego-maniac Thaksin. What ego-maniac are you talking about?

Take a wild guess.

Your way of saying it while trying to side-step the harsh rules on the subject?

Always one way to get a thread closed...

Take a wild guess.

You are impertinent and ridiculous.What you are implying -in breach of forum rules incidentally -doesn't make any sense.Egomaniac? Protecting money?

The person I had in mind is not nearly so elevated and to criticise him is no breach of forum rules.

Koo your children will be paying for Thaksin

My children won't pay for how Khun Thaksin cleared the IMF loan but for the mess people are making now by those retroactive laws to punish Khun Thaksin. Those laws brought Khun Samak down. Now Khun Somchai appears not strong enough to deal with the current mess and I don't know how long PPP can stay.

Sometimes I think we should let the Democrat Party or army people (or anyone) to run Thailand as they desire. All fights will stop. This will be the best example to show the world how a country can go back to the past nicely. Thais by then will go to Laos and Myanmar to work as labors.

Koo, I know you still don't get it. I sense you mean well, while wrong none the less.

The current mess is not caused by Thais, but ridiculous loan sharing schemes in USA

and the willingness of an international batch of greedy fools to buy these

'financial products' up in large quantities. This is going to hurt families in the short term.

The shenanigans at Government house mean little if Thaksin doesn't order attack.

The PAD and it's finger pointing at Thaksin and his clan of graft addicts is NOT going

to cost your children too much, UNLESS Thaksin starts a civil war to get back his pile of cash and power.

They are going to lose more short tern from Chaia's pathetic Rice Pledging games.

10 BILLION baht lost to Thailand so far , but his cronies are turning NICE profits.

But you still don't understand about HOW Dr T. refinanced that IMF loan do you?

He did 15 and 30 YEAR Government backed debt Bonds sold to non-Thais ONLY.

In other words in 15 and 20 year increments those DEBTS and their earned interest MUST be paid,

by your CHILDREN'S taxes, to finance Thaksin's scheme while in office 5 years back.

He put off payment for decades to have money to play with NOW.

It's like getting in over your head with credit cards.

We call that Taking from Peter to pay Paul.

And making Peter's neighbor's children payback Peter later on.

Edited by animatic

Take a wild guess.

You are impertinent and ridiculous.What you are implying -in breach of forum rules incidentally -doesn't make any sense.Egomaniac? Protecting money?

The person I had in mind is not nearly so elevated and to criticise him is no breach of forum rules.

Still, it's odd that you don't name whoever you're talking about. You've usually never had any difficulty doing so in the past and is probably why several posters are presuming your intent this way and that.

Easy to see why some of them might misinterpret your meaning when someone is so evasive.

Still, it's odd that you don't name whoever you're talking about. You've usually never had any difficulty doing so in the past and is probably why several posters are presuming your intent this way and that.

Easy to see why some of them might misinterpret your meaning when someone is so evasive.

Indeed - so YH, name the person so no-one has to think anything.

Edited by TAWP

Well on this occasion you will just have to "think something".

Well on this occasion you will just have to "think something".

Oh, I'm thinking something. Something about what you are full of.

Edited by TAWP

It's the beauty of this conspiracy - the next step in evolution of spaghetti monster - the name of the creature must remain unspoken. Everyone pretends to know and nod in agreement.

They might even have a secret handshake.

No handshakes,

the touch of other living beings might alter perceptions...

He did 15 and 30 YEAR Government backed debt Bonds sold to non-Thais ONLY.

In other words in 15 and 20 year increments those DEBTS and their earned interest MUST be paid,

by your CHILDREN'S taxes, to finance Thaksin's scheme while in office 5 years back.

He put off payment for decades to have money to play with NOW.

It's like getting in over your head with credit cards.

I only heard of the Bonds to Thais in 5 years.

Why did the non-Thais have that Bonds?