Thaksin Guilty In Land Case, Gets 2-year Imprisonment

george

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every party buys votes. In my area, the Dems won because that period was critical that PPP didn't dare to distribute the money.

Pleased to see that you now accept that PPP buy votes - and not daring to distribute the money is a fallacy - it would have dispersed although a little more discreetly thru the village head as usual.

Every party buys votes. In my area, the Dems won because that period was critical that PPP didn't dare to distribute the money.

Pleased to see that you now accept that PPP buy votes - and not daring to distribute the money is a fallacy - it would have dispersed although a little more discreetly thru the village head as usual.

I always ask "Who doesn't buy votes?"

I always say "Every party buys votes."

But this has nothing to do with this thread about Thaksin's conviction for the Rachada... land case.

Thaksin convicted of abuse of power, as he was PM at the time

Potjaman aquited of abuse of power, as not being in office.

But this doesn't invalidate her EARLIER conviction for asset conceilment and forgery.

As noted several times earlier in this thread; before topic drift.

Most veer and twist, but go back.

This one just went off into rant with no reference to the topic.

Or has your topic relativeism come to the point that talking about

washing detergent is valid for anti-Thaksin bashing too?

Any topic is ok for your point of view on anti-Thaksin people?

I'll be on-topic now.

Why did they just announce this case recently? I thought it should have been done right after Khun Thaksin went down.

If you actually took your time to read the threads you would already know this any many other things you wish to ignore.

But then again, I presume that your question was rhetoric. You really don't wanna know, you wanna cast doubt over the proceedings.

It doesn't matter that he was guilty and sentenced, the love never ends. And neither will your blind devotion?

:o

I'll be on-topic now.

Why did they just announce this case recently? I thought it should have been done right after Khun Thaksin went down.

If you actually took your time to read the threads you would already know this any many other things you wish to ignore.

But then again, I presume that your question was rhetoric. You really don't wanna know, you wanna cast doubt over the proceedings.

It doesn't matter that he was guilty and sentenced, the love never ends. And neither will your blind devotion?

:D

tick tock, tick tock.... only 3 days left to deadline

Ratchada Land Case: Thaksin's Lawyers Await Instruction on Appeal Request

As the 30-day deadline for an appeal to be filed against a guilty verdict in the Ratchadapisek land case approaches, lawyers of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra are reported to be ready to file for an appeal as soon as Thaksin gives them the go ahead.

Kamnuan Chalopatham, who leads the defence team for Thaksin and Pojaman, revealed a clear instruction on the Ratchadapisek land case is expected to be given to the legal team tomorrow.

However, the defence team has prepared all the necessary documents to file for an appeal as soon as Thaksin gives them the go ahead.

- TOC / 2008-11-17

Like a battalion commander, he directs a different platoon of lawyers for different tasks... taking into account that a few of them are locked up in the stockade...

Lawyer awaits Thaksin

A lawyer of former Prime Minister Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin Shinnawatra, convicted guilty by the court in the Ratchada land's case, expected it would be clear by Tuesday (November 18) whether the former premier would appeal to the Supreme Court on the case.

Kamnuan Chalohpatam said he has constantly contacted the former premier, but Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin has not yet assigned any thing to his legal team regarding the case.

However, the legal team has prepared all documents regarding the case and stayed alert to submit the documents to the court.

Regarding Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin’s seeking political asylum, Kamnuan said he could not comment in this regard since he was only responsible for the Ratchada land's case.

- ThaiNews / 2008-11-17

Copy from an old article:

"On September 30, 2006, the junta issued the Democratic Reform Council Order No. 30 replacing the entire member of the AEC with group of individuals, all of them are publicly known as “Dr. Thaksin’s enemy”. Each of these individual, though some may be seconded from the Court of Justice, is and will be easier to influenced as they are not attach to any per permanent or formal institution. Just a group of hater get together for personal vendetta and agendas.

The investigation, threat, defamation and many other wrongful things had begun since that very day; September 30, 2006. However, up until now the AEC did not fine a single evidence to confirm the corruption by Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra or that Dr. Thaksin has any personal gain out of those 11 cases accused by the AEC. Never mind, though the investigation of those cases have not been finalized. Let’s freeze the assets first, then let them fight for justice and prove that they are innocent!"

http://www.truethaksin.com/

They have to be guilty, no matter what.

It's really a misnomer to call this thing, "an article".... :o

but anyway,

What is the date it was written?

Did they give any examples of why every single member of the AEC was “Dr. Thaksin’s enemy”?

Presuming it was written prior to the case coming to court, did it ever get updated to reflect the reality that there was a mountain of evidence used against Thaksin?

or the avalanche of evidence in the other cases against Thaksin?

p.s. I do like this Thaksin-sponsored website's motto, however... The Truth Will Set You Free.... :D

The Truth got him 2 years in prison thus far..... with more coming.

"On September 30, 2006, the junta issued the Democratic Reform Council Order No. 30 replacing the entire member of the AEC with group of individuals, all of them are publicly known as "Dr. Thaksin's enemy". Each of these individual, though some may be seconded from the Court of Justice, is and will be easier to influenced as they are not attach to any per permanent or formal institution. Just a group of hater get together for personal vendetta and agendas.

The investigation, threat, defamation and many other wrongful things had begun since that very day; September 30, 2006. However, up until now the AEC did not fine a single evidence to confirm the corruption by Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra or that Dr. Thaksin has any personal gain out of those 11 cases accused by the AEC. Never mind, though the investigation of those cases have not been finalized. Let's freeze the assets first, then let them fight for justice and prove that they are innocent!"

koo, for the sake of argument lets just say that this article is correct, your point (whatever it is) is not relevant because the courts convicted Thaksin and not the AEC.

Next effort please.

LOL ...

Hmmm it doesn't look as if that website has been updated in over a year! (Why are you guys still trying?)

The only one who seems to be constantly trying is the late Mrs T disguised as Koo82 - however, we should at least award points for consistency :o

Just a group of hater get together for personal vendetta and agendas.

Even if that was so - they picked up cases that everyone knew very well already - Ratchada land, tax evasion, Exim bank loan, hiding shares.

They haven't discovered anything new, haven't invented anything. Back when those crimes have been commited lots of people just shook their hands at the blatant disregard not only for the law, but complete lack of common decency on part of Thaksin.

Besides, I don't see people like Sak or Klanarong being on personal vendetta, they are just doing their job, investigating crimes, getting suspects to courts. I don't see they personally HATE Thaksin, only his crimes.

I'd tell you even more - if Thaksin comes back and serves his punishment, he will welcomed back with open arms by just about anybody, inlcuding his eastwhile enemies. Don't understimate the power of confession and atonement, and forgiveness. So far the problem is that you can't forgive someone who doesn't admit his guilt and blackmails you instead.

"On September 30, 2006, the junta issued the Democratic Reform Council Order No. 30 replacing the entire member of the AEC with group of individuals, all of them are publicly known as "Dr. Thaksin's enemy". Each of these individual, though some may be seconded from the Court of Justice, is and will be easier to influenced as they are not attach to any per permanent or formal institution. Just a group of hater get together for personal vendetta and agendas.

The investigation, threat, defamation and many other wrongful things had begun since that very day; September 30, 2006. However, up until now the AEC did not fine a single evidence to confirm the corruption by Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra or that Dr. Thaksin has any personal gain out of those 11 cases accused by the AEC. Never mind, though the investigation of those cases have not been finalized. Let's freeze the assets first, then let them fight for justice and prove that they are innocent!"

As I have said, Khun Thaksin and his people have to be guilty, no matter what.

I copy that to show the reason why some people are doing everything to prove Khun Thaksin is guilty.

LOL ...

Hmmm it doesn't look as if that website has been updated in over a year! (Why are you guys still trying?)

If I didn't read that, I would think Khun Thaksin did nothing for Thailand and was so ugly, corrupt, cruel, etc. You name it.

As I have said, Khun Thaksin and his people have to be guilty, no matter what.

I copy that to show the reason why some people are doing everything to prove Khun Thaksin is guilty.

flogging-dead-horse.jpg

I did read it and it was utterly self serving

and twisted the facts to fit his supposition of bias.

He was convicted of HIS OWN ACTS,

in courts that previously existed,

based on laws that previously existed

from BEFORE THE JUNTA existed.

It is not uncommon for a grand jury or other investigative body

to be commissioned AFTER the act, to investigate and recommend charges.

These are the forwarded to The Attorney General or other adjudicating body for action.

Such as the Watergate committee, which ended in the resignation of RICHARD NIXON.

Yes a President of my country was brought down by an investigative body

that didn't exist WHEN HE DID THE CRIME... he was STILL guilty..

The difference between him and Thaksin?

Nixon resigned and went away quietly...

like MOST Thai leaders deposed in the last 80 years.

But NOT Thaksin...

Koos, you ARE trying really hard to justify yourself,

but it just can't take to the air on gossamer wings,

you haven't the traction to get up this too steep hill.

Now if you spent your energy thinking on a FUTURE Thailand

and how to improve things, and not just look back to a lost past,

I would applaud your efforts...

Look AHEAD!!

tick tock, tick tock.... only 3 days left to deadline

Ratchada Land Case: Thaksin's Lawyers Await Instruction on Appeal Request

As the 30-day deadline for an appeal to be filed against a guilty verdict in the Ratchadapisek land case approaches, lawyers of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra are reported to be ready to file for an appeal as soon as Thaksin gives them the go ahead.

Thaksin won't appeal corruption conviction

Ousted Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will not appeal his conviction and two-year jail sentence for corruption, his lawyer said as the deadline passed for any legal action.

Thaksin, toppled in a military coup in 2006, was on October 21 sentenced in absentia to two years in jail for conflict of interest after helping his then-wife Pojaman buy state-owned land when he was premier.

"I have been informed today that Thaksin will not appeal his case and that he will explain his reasons to his supporters soon," said Kamnuan Chalopatham, a member of Thaksin's legal team in Thailand.

His lawyers had 30 days from the conviction to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Thaksin is currently staying in Dubai, his aide said Monday (local time), after fleeing Thailand in August as corruption cases initiated by the military junta that overthrew him mounted up in the courts.

He had been living in Britain, but London this month revoked his visa, leaving the multi-millionaire scrambling around for a new home.

The ousted leader is due to address his supporters in a telephone speech on December 14 to lay out his future plans, his allies have said.

"Thaksin will talk to his supporters at National Stadium and will declare his political comeback," said Jatuporm Prompan, a leader of the pro-Thaksin group.

"He will re-enter politics after he was ousted in the 2006 coup."

Thaksin's fortunes appeared to get bleaker when it was announced last week that he and his wife of 32 years were getting a divorce, although family and intelligence sources claimed the split was for financial or legal reasons.

Thaksin's shadow remains over Thai politics, with his detractors in the People's Alliance for Democracy still holding disruptive protests in central Bangkok against the current government, which is made up of Thaksin's allies.

- AFP / 31 minutes ago

I don't care what you and others are saying. Khun Thaksin did a lot to develop Thailand compared with other leaders. What he did which you call corruption was not causing huge loss and is not big compared with what he has done. While I still don't know if I should believe in what the courts and the likes have decided when that 9 people who judged Khun Thaksin don't have assignments from the King, I still don't believe he is guilty.

Some groups dig his mistakes night and day and at the same time take government salary. He created chances to be rich so he did not need to wait for salary or hope for under table money like some government people. He said their duty is to service public, not to act busy and to be public's parents. They hate him for that.

He did not gather with hi-so people. What he did was to help the poor.

I don't know what is wrong with you and others when you refuse to see what good things he has done.

I start to wonder he must have done some damage to some of you. Some of you don't sound like patriots trying to protect Thailand to me.

I don't care what you and others are saying. Khun Thaksin did a lot to develop Thailand compared with other leaders. What he did which you call corruption was not causing huge loss and is not big compared with what he has done. While I still don't know if I should believe in what the courts and the likes have decided when that 9 people who judged Khun Thaksin don't have assignments from the King, I still don't believe he is guilty.

Some groups dig his mistakes night and day and at the same time take government salary. He created chances to be rich so he did not need to wait for salary or hope for under table money like some government people. He said their duty is to service public, not to act busy and to be public's parents. They hate him for that.

He did not gather with hi-so people. What he did was to help the poor.

I don't know what is wrong with you and others when you refuse to see what good things he has done.

I start to wonder he must have done some damage to some of you. Some of you don't sound like patriots trying to protect Thailand to me.

Koo one more time to spell this out for you.

He was convicted of HIS OWN ACTS

in courts that previously existed

based on laws that previously existed

from BEFORE THE JUNTA existed.

The law said no politician may do a business deal with a government agency.

No politician can not allow his wife to do a business deal with government agencies.

A Thai wife can not sign a major land purchase contract without

EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION from her husband.

Thaksin knew of the law, he gave Potjamin permission

she bought the land it was an illegal act on his part.

The court had ONLY one choice, convict him.

End of story.

One of the HIGHEST courts in the land determined he was guilty,

but not her, so can't say it was blind punishment, they let her off

as she did NOT break a law in this case.

He did this TO HIMSELF,

the courts just ruled on his arrogance in action.

Or does your love for Thaksin over ride the rule of law?

If he were still working as PM, no one would dig it up, the tiny mistake if not funny. Did that land buying damage Thailand?

Excellent post Koo,

You are of course quite correct. If Thaksin was still PM, this case, or any of his others, would never come to court. The first person who mentioned the irregularity in this land case publicly would have been slapped with a billion baht lawsuit for libel, or far worse. (Bangkok post editor and Suvharnabhum runway cracks is a prime example of not being allowed to speak the truth).

In short Thaksins mission of putting every institution(media, army, courts, police) in the country directly under his control was the main reason that we needed the coup. The educated few aware of what was happening were not ready to have Thailand under the power of a dictator.

There are cases against the Dems and the anti-Thaksin side but no one brings it up. These cases are being "dong" (fermented) so people think only Khun Thaksin's side is dirty.

The responsible thing to do then is to start a thread with these other reports... if they don't already exist, and post your comments there.

To attempt to piggy-back some off-topic discussion of these alleged other cases, which may or may not exist, that involve a different political party is... well... off-topic... and you just only recently agreed not to go off-topic again.

Have your forgotten already? Just to refresh your memory, it was yesterday.

Edited by sriracha john