M$ Targets Non-genuine Os Installations

Gumballl

It was just a matter of time before MS came up with a way to kill the illegal operating systems. I can't say that I blame them. MS didn't have much luck prosecuting the sellers so the most effective way is to target the users.

I would guess that there are already cracks available. Nothing is sacred when it comes to software.

Duh what's new. "Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage" which is the module doing the "turning off" is a selectable module from Microsoft Update. Just watch what's about to be installed and if its MGA just choose "NO" and "Don't remind me again", end of story...

Storm in a teapot.

Years ago I did a reformat and when trying to reinstall MS Office had lost the CD case (kids) with the codes. I was a registered user so rang MS. They told me tough luck go and but the latest version. I thought, ok, if that's the way it is, fine. I have never purchased another MS product since, and I now have the latest versions of everything working perfectly.

I always paid for legit software, but after getting the finger, wonder how many other legit customers they have lost the same way?