Blank Pages

Thaddeus

I normally use FireFox, but around a week ago when I clicked on 'View New Posts' all I got was a blank page. So I downloaded Google Chrome, which so far has worked fine (nice little browser too)

But now it is doing the same thing apart from I get an error message.

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search.html&...ult_type=topics might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error

Below is the original error message

Error 320 (net::ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

I have had to post this using IE6 as at the moment neither FireFox or Chrome will allow me to start a new topic or reply to a post.

Any ideas?

I've been using Chrome pretty much exclusively since it came out, and have seen that error on various sites. I put it down to a glitch in the Chrome software, primarily because if I click on the Refresh Icon, the page in question usually pops right up ! It's only been once or twice that it hasn't.

(remember that the Chrome we are using is still a Beta version, so there are probably a few bugs that still need to be squashed)

Yes mate, but the problem originally started happening in FireFox, in the status bar in both it says 'waiting for thaivisa' and then in FF I just get a blank page but in Chrome I get the message I quoted in the OP, sometimes if I just keep pressing F5, I'll get the content, but most times I don't.

There are only two things that are consistant, it doesn't happen with any other website, and it doesn't happen with any website if I use IE6 (which I really don't want to use)

It's probably related with something stored in your browsers' temporary files / cache. Clear them and it would very likely solve the problem.

Cheers, did that a few hours ago and everything works fine in Chrome now but FireFox still exhibits the same problem.

It's probably related with something stored in your browsers' temporary files / cache. Clear them and it would very likely solve the problem.

Cheers, did that a few hours ago and everything works fine in Chrome now but FireFox still exhibits the same problem.

Clear the "Private Data" in FireFox. If it's not working, it might be related with one (or more) of your add-ons. First update (if needed) your browser and its add-ons, but if it's still not working, I would disable all of them (Tools / Options / Manage Add-Ons...) and check what happens (you can enable them one by one later to track which one may be the cause of your problem...).