Who Keeps Marking Down The Threads?

JimsKnight

Is it just me or is someone deliberately marking down every threads with an automatic 1 star out of 5.

I know the topics aren't as racy and as risque as the bold and rumbunctious past TV but come on!

Some of them deserve more than 1 star, surely....

If you've got a beef, post some topics of your own :o

Rant over :D

Moddytrons / Mods, have you any thoughts on this matter?

I prefer it like this, otherwise we'd be flooded with crap that has absolutely nothing to do with Thailand, which is the main reason we are here (most of us at least).

As for the star ratings, I hardly notice them or pay attention to them. Anyone can start a topic and give it 5 stars, trying to make others think it is something special. Very few ever live up to their initial rating, but many sink down to an appropriate level very quickly.

Too bad the lowest rating is 1 Star, should be 0 (and if the average rating dips below .5 stars, the rating automatically gets removed).

Well I gave this 5*s but it only went up 1*, guess my currency has been devalued, but its value remains the same, honest :D

Good Luck

Moss

Well I rated it 5 and overall it didn't budge so I rated it 1 with the same result. I guess my currency just ain't valid here. :o

Gotta admit, like Suegha, I never bother with rating threads. If they are interesting or I have something to add to the discussion or I have a stupid comment to make I will post a reply. Otherwise I don't bother.

Well I gave this 5*s but it only went up 1*, guess my currency has been devalued, but its value remains the same, honest :D

Good Luck

Moss

Well I rated it 5 and overall it didn't budge so I rated it 1 with the same result. I guess my currency just ain't valid here. :o

Gotta admit, like Suegha, I never bother with rating threads. If they are interesting or I have something to add to the discussion or I have a stupid comment to make I will post a reply. Otherwise I don't bother.

I honestly believe certain members hold more weight than others based on the quality of their posts. This may explain your situation Phil and certainly explains my lack of being able to reach for the stars.

Seems that topics discussing some "certain things" receive 5* rating. Other than that, always 1*.

I notice another trend that someone likes to post in some threads that "This should be closed". Can be boring to them but interesting to others. Everyone doesn't like the same thing.

One example, someone asked how many times you shower a day. I guess he meant it is hot in Thailand and Thais generally likes to shower a lot (except my little son). Of course someone told him he had a bad topic.

Several, actually many, posts discussing moderation have been removed. Please remember the forum rules regarding this. I have re-opened the topic in order to allow more Q&As of the Star system.

Moved to forum support.

But we the people (that is what makes this forum what it is, right?) should have a right to know <deleted> is going on. Or are we writing in a forum ran by dictatorship? I can truly understand the posts that are in subject to those banned topics, but come'on, we the readers and the composers of this site, like topics that interest us living in LOS... That is why we 'hit' this site... Or should we make things difficult for everyone and increase this sites bandwidth by going elsewhere?

But we the people (that is what makes this forum what it is, right?) should have a right to know <deleted> is going on. Or are we writing in a forum ran by dictatorship?

What part of PM the/a mod regarding a topic or issue in question that is not clear to you? :o The Forum Rules are clear on this count and you can get your answers through that mechanism but not in the general public.

This topic was completely sidetracked and off-topic discussing moderation and why the posts were removed. Any further discussing along this line will result in this topic being closed again and warnings/suspensions given.