Half Life 2 Thai Version

igotworms

After what seemed like 4 hours of installation on the hard drive and through the steam registration process, I still can't play the game. Every time I click on the HL2 icon (to play offline), it loads up steam (which takes several minutes- what a pain!), then tells me I'm not ready to play (in Thai of course). My question is, after 2 hours of installation, how am I still not ready to play? I cannot read Thai, so this makes things difficult to figure out. I called my ex gf over who is Thai, and she can't figure it out. Any ideas?

One thing that I have learned from this process, is that Steam is a pile of steaming dog shit.

Edit:

I just want to play offline. How does one do such a complicated thing?

Edited by igotworms

I bought the English language version,and still cannot play off line after 10 days,I think to start the game up you have to be on-line,thats it,if you do a search on google,you will find many forums on the subject.

After saying that,its the best game I've played by a mile,even though I had to do a couple of upgrades on my PC.

The steam seems to get quicker as you go along,now also online gaming available.Deathmatch.

I would say it would have been worth the extra B400 to get the English version,unless you have someone to translate.

I bought the Thai version. Took quite some time to install, mostly for the copying and decrypting process (total of around 1-2 hours). The steam connection took only a few minutes. You don't need to connect all the time, just the first time. After that, when steam says it can't connect, just choose to play ofline. Once installation is done, you should change steam's language to English. Right click on the steam icon in the tray, it's the third to last setting, click on the last tab. Once you do that, there is no more Thai, since the game itself is in English.

firefoxx.

I just tried it again in offline,still get the message,that say cannot play offline.I not really worried as I have adsl,and its nearly aways on,so its not a problem.

I'm up to the last two chapters now,be sorry when I finish,but there is a new MOH due out soon.

I bought the Thai version.  Took quite some time to install, mostly for the copying and decrypting process (total of around 1-2 hours).  The steam connection took only a few minutes.  You don't need to connect all the time, just the first time.  After that, when steam says it can't connect, just choose to play ofline.  Once installation is done, you should change steam's language to English.  Right click on the steam icon in the tray, it's the third to last setting, click on the last tab.  Once you do that, there is no more Thai, since the game itself is in English.

After reading your post I got everything straightened out. Cheers. This is a good game. Anybody try the deathmatch mode yet? Are there any Thai servers?