Nanny / Babysitting Services

richarlotte

Hello,

We have recently booked our flights to Australia for over Christmas but are having a week / 10 days in Thailand on the way home. We have looked at a "resort" holiday on the island of Koh Chang and require an extra hand with our 2 children (Rosie almost 3 and Angus 1 1/2) helping with childcare, the language and suggestions on what to do?

We would pay for all travel (to us, whilst with us and home again), accommodation whilst with us and a wage.

We could for example meet someone in BKK on our 3 day stop off in December make sure they and we are suitable by having a little babysitting whilst we organise the second part of the trip

Would really appreciate any advice you can give us - even if it just "go through an agency" - thought it would be worthwhile asking first.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte Banks (UK)

Hello,

We have recently booked our flights to Australia for over Christmas but are having a week / 10 days in Thailand on the way home. We have looked at a "resort" holiday on the island of Koh Chang and require an extra hand with our 2 children (Rosie almost 3 and Angus 1 1/2) helping with childcare, the language and suggestions on what to do?

We would pay for all travel (to us, whilst with us and home again), accommodation whilst with us and a wage.

We could for example meet someone in BKK on our 3 day stop off in December make sure they and we are suitable by having a little babysitting whilst we organise the second part of the trip

Would really appreciate any advice you can give us - even if it just "go through an agency" - thought it would be worthwhile asking first.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte Banks (UK)

Hello, I am 37 single Thai women,I live in Bangkok. I am finding a nanny job. I ever been in Koh Chang 2 times. I have my own car also.

I can be your guide,nanny and driver. If you are interested to hire me,pls contact me thru my e-mail address [email protected]. Best Regards,Siwalai

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Charlotte Banks (UK)

Very trusting! I've been in Thailand 10 years and I am extremely over-protective and fussy with who I leave my son with. I know I may be a bit (a lot!) paranoid about about abduction and so on (as are many of my friends) but even if I was less concerned with this, there is no way I would trust a complete stranger with my child. If you are going to go ahead with this (and I would suggest you think very hard and carefully about it) then you should only go through an agency, or even better through the hotel directly. References are easily forged in this country and can not be trusted. Hopefully, through an agency background and police checks would have already been done. I think your best bet would be to find a resort that includes a babysitting service and perhaps even a kids club (although this is usually for children 3 and above).

I have an expat friend who travels to Bangkok frequently on business, she is a single parent who brings her young children with her. She usually hires a nanny from the Children Booster Center & Nursery for the duration of her stay. I have personally never used them, but my friend seems happy with them.

Very trusting! I've been in Thailand 10 years and I am extremely over-protective and fussy with who I leave my son with. I know I may be a bit (a lot!) paranoid about about abduction.....

No kidding! Way too paranoid. :o

TIT if you can find anything in Thailand then it's a good nanny. Thais love kids as it is, and there are professional agencies. Which, to the OP, I'd recommend. Then you meet nanny, talk to her, supervise her a bit, etc. It's not like you meet a stranger at a street corner and hand over the baby. You can always say no if you don't like a nanny.

Friends of mine found a farang nanny on Samui, actually. An elderly retired German woman, she was wonderful, and didn't mind getting paid Thai wages. Local Thai wages no less, less than you'd pay an agency. She just wanted to shore up her income a little bit while taking care of the kids for a few hours a day.

• 4 months later...
Very trusting! I've been in Thailand 10 years and I am extremely over-protective and fussy with who I leave my son with. I know I may be a bit (a lot!) paranoid about about abduction.....

No kidding! Way too paranoid. :o

TIT if you can find anything in Thailand then it's a good nanny. Thais love kids as it is, and there are professional agencies. Which, to the OP, I'd recommend. Then you meet nanny, talk to her, supervise her a bit, etc. It's not like you meet a stranger at a street corner and hand over the baby. You can always say no if you don't like a nanny.

Friends of mine found a farang nanny on Samui, actually. An elderly retired German woman, she was wonderful, and didn't mind getting paid Thai wages. Local Thai wages no less, less than you'd pay an agency. She just wanted to shore up her income a little bit while taking care of the kids for a few hours a day.

Hi Charlotte

by your next visit, Im interested to your querries.

Im a nurse, asian widow, an expatriate with thai grown up children 22 and 17 yrs, retired, and an ex-teacher in thailand for morethan 10 years. Been a personal assistant at NGO office, for 4.5 years.

If you want a place to leave your kids for sometimes while you'r away, im glad to accept the post. at my own home....or we can talk bout it...I live near the International School in Bangkok...not a very busy place outskirt Bangkok....of Chaengwattana Road....Or any of your friend coming to stay in Bangkok....If you wish to know more .....reply and your e-mail add.. Good day! gloria.