As A Farang, Would You Have A Mia Noi?

erasmus

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mia informed me in 1969 that she would cut it off, if ever thought of that haven't thought of it since. :(

if your mia is from KK she would probably do the same. :lol:

gone fishin

Learned in 1962 in Leong Nok Tha , Yasothon province, the perils of having a mia noi!! A yorkshire mate was caught by his wife with his bit on the side, the wife took a machete to the pair of them ,result, 1dead mia noi, and one yorkshireman with his lungs on the outside of his ribcage, he lived Just!! oh what fun when the only tourists were squaddies, nignoy

I've popped in there once or twice and it seemed rather sedated? Not like how the Bearpit rocks. :D

Now that one certain former member of TV has joined there... It won't be the same. :o

We talking about Yohan? He seems rather well-behaved these days. Your old Bud, Georgie has been turfed again though...

BTW, this little พูดจาเกี้ยว ไม่มีอันตราย tho it may be could help me w/my writing skills! :

...and I need a lot of help! :D

Edited by Boon Mee

Your old Bud, Georgie has been turfed again though...

Can't say I'm surprised. He just called me "a want-to-be Thai banana" on AI. My mate just saw it today and we laughed our <deleted> off. :o

BTW, this little พูดจาเกี้ยว ไม่มีอันตราย tho it may be could help me w/my writing skills! :

Maybe I can help you there. :D

Your old Bud, Georgie has been turfed again though...
Can't say I'm surprised. He just called me "a want-to-be Thai banana" on AI. My mate just saw it today and we laughed our <deleted> off. :D
I have to get over there and throw in my 2 cents worth.

I thought he loved Thai Pooying - maybe not the outspoken ones? - Thai Banana?:o

Maybe I can help you there. :D

Thanks Elsie! :D

Could anyone please define "mia noi"?

Don't know if there is an actual clear cut definition anymore. :D

I've had GFs refer to themselves as mia noi's even though they're self-supporting.

I think one can rule out one-night flings as these are called 'gigs'(?)

So I personally tend to think a mia noi now is a 'mistress' regardless of whether they are maintained financially, or their status as to whether they are married or single.

If both parties are single then it's a BF/GF relationship.

:o

Cheers, Gazza. I just think we've been overusing the word "mia noi" these days.

I think one can rule out one-night flings as these are called 'gigs'(?)

Or two nights.. and so on. So long as no strings attach. It's over when get caught. Or so I'm told. :o

• 3 weeks later...
One lady is more than enuf- two is trouble!  :o

I've heard it said that Mohammed had the following advice with respect to wives:

One wife will fight with you, causing great unhappiness.

Two wives will fight with each other and force you to choose.

Three wives will fight two-on-one which is unfair.

Four wives will fight two-on-two and everything will be balanced.

I'm sure its not an exact quote...

• 1 year later...
One reason why many local fellas have mia nois is because there is an endless supply of women who are willing to be mia nois. You'll notice that women always cry that they are abandoned mia luangs, victims of the local culture. Yeah right. More often than not they've been playing along the whole time (more than willing to have a life where they are taken care of, don't have to work, and get an allowance.... it's more attractive to more gals than one might think, even in this day and age), and are actually discarded mia nois themselves. Some people out there are just really susceptible to the "marketing" these girls put on.

:o:D

I totally agree with Heng. 90% of the farang with Thai women believe every bit of their stories. The truth is ... especially nowdays ... is that thai women have "Giig" almost as often as men do.. men have the "mia noi" but whether the affair involves a relationship or simply fun, it happens frequently among both Thai men and Thai women. You can be fooled if you don't really know the culture and/or know how most Thai women verbally and non-verbally communicate to you. Certainly not all Thai women are going to blatantly lie to you, but just be aware of the ones who like to play the game on a sincere farang who is likely to believe everything she tells him. When it comes down to it ... some Thai women want what many women want ... "money and a stable/safe place when they need it" ... it doesn't mean she won't try to play the same games as men have traditionally done (with other affairs, etc.).

What wonders me more Is that LC doesn't know that :D , She's thai by the way so.

I think LC has "MR noi" and "MR luang" 's  :D

You see.. my point is.. we have another word for similar situation. It's "Choo - ชู้". So, I'm very curious to see what you guys think about these words. What are the exact definitions? Try these..

A woman who's shagging any married man for her sexual satisfaction alone.

A woman who's involved with a married man with emotional support.

A woman who's involved with a married man with financial support.

A woman who's involved with a married man with emotional AND financial support.

Just a few I can think of at the moment.

All those can't be considered "mia noi"?

And by the way, I don't even have a boyfriend. So, I can't have Mr Noi or Mr Luang. :o

LC, I looked up the defiinition of ชู้ on thai2english.com, it says lover;mistress. Is this strickly used for a women, or is there a word for the man???

Regards. BD

I was playing bridge a while ago at a local pub. One guy walked by our table and said: hi John (one of our group), how's the wife. John replied: the're both ok, thank you. I didn't say a word. I just thought to myself: you know you have been in Thailand too long when you have a mia noi.

It's tough work keeping 1 lady happy - 2 ladies: no way jose!
I am very happy with 2 ladies , 18 years now with my 3rd wife, and the ashes of my 2nd wife in an eggtimer on my desk, :so I can give her a shakeup now and then :o Nignoy

My wife always tells me that someone told her that someone see me with another lady,which is bulls..t.I think she just says that to see how i will react.She's warned me before that if I get caught, a sharp knife will come out and my hum will be cut off.

Ive heard of a case where hubby got caught bonking some young bird and the mia threw some acid on him to teach him a lesson.

I made the mistake one time and refered to my wife as my "Lovely Mia Luang" when introducing her to some Thai friends....boy did she come unhinged......Ususally she is pretty quiet, but as she explained to me with a very pointy finger in my chest, If she was my Mia Luang, then who is my Mia Noi????

Glad she straightened out my Thai....Now she is just my Mia.....

Got to watch those sensive spots....

Edited by old wanderer

I had a Mia Noi, for 3 years, untill last May, when the wife found a dvd of me and her at a mates wedding in khon Kaen, h e l l the wife was not happy, but we still togeather, and she has given me another chance, bless her, i love her to bits, but always been a sucker for a good looking lady, never again, i have learnt my lesson. now the wife wants another little one, which will make us stronger togeather.

I would not advise having a Mia Noi, beleive me.

I have been a lucky b a s t a r d.

Edited by Thaicoon

There is alot of idle chatter on this thread; I mean no substance.

I had a mia noi; she lived with me for 10 months. Caused chaos with the family, wife, etc. However, I did learn something. Its actually very easy to love more than one woman at the same time (who said humans are monogumous?). It was also very enjoyable.

I split up with her, but because of the strong love between us, we came back together, but we are now not 'married' (in the mia noi sense). We toned down are relationship a little; a little like being married for some time. We dont make all the lovey dovey 'noises' because the relationship is strong nor do we need the 'marriage classification'; she also has her life (family, etc), so its not always necessary to be together all the time, and she wants to do her own thing sometimes (she is still quite young). So we have the love without all the 'where are you now, what are you doing' 'noise'. Not sure where this is going, but will continue to enjoy it for as long as it lasts (a year already). :o

I liked Heng's piece earlier about ladies having the easy life being wives. He is spot on. Me I have lived in Thailand so long now I am almost Thai (with my ex mia noi). Bet Taksin is missing Thailand. hehe

My tip: avoid very beautiful women. This will lead to no end of problems.

Edited by MaiChai

There is alot of idle chatter on this thread; I mean no substance.

I had a mia noi; she lived with me for 10 months. Caused chaos with the family, wife, etc. However, I did learn something. Its actually very easy to love more than one woman at the same time (who said humans are monogumous?). It was also very enjoyable.

I split up with her, but because of the strong love between us, we came back together, but we are now not 'married' (in the mia noi sense). We toned down are relationship a little; a little like being married for some time. We dont make all the lovey dovey 'noises' because the relationship is strong nor do we need the 'marriage classification'; she also has her life (family, etc), so its not always necessary to be together all the time, and she wants to do her own thing sometimes (she is still quite young). So we have the love without all the 'where are you now, what are you doing' 'noise'. Not sure where this is going, but will continue to enjoy it for as long as it lasts (a year already). :D

I liked Heng's piece earlier about ladies having the easy life being wives. He is spot on. Me I have lived in Thailand so long now I am almost Thai (with my ex mia noi). Bet Taksin is missing Thailand. hehe

My tip: avoid very beautiful women. This will lead to no end of problems.

:o Curious to hear how you managed living with your Mia Noi when you are/were married ?

LaoPo

Thats easy. Other commitments meant I had to stay in Bangkok; wife and kids live upcountry. Used to go home for the weekends to see kids. Actually I missed an important piece of info: my relationship was difficult with my wife, which is why I had the additional relationship. If the relationship had been good with my wife then I would not have gone this far; I would have been a good commited husband.

To be honest, as Heng said earlier, can you ever really trust a Thai lady? I mean the old one or the new one? Alternative is to stay alone, but thats no fun? Thais like drama and maybe life is suppose to just one long drama like a Thai soap opera? So will you ever know where you are with them?

Thats easy. Other commitments meant I had to stay in Bangkok; wife and kids live upcountry. Used to go home for the weekends to see kids. Actually I missed an important piece of info: my relationship was difficult with my wife, which is why I had the additional relationship. If the relationship had been good with my wife then I would not have gone this far; I would have been a good commited husband.

To be honest, as Heng said earlier,

1. can you ever really trust a Thai lady? I mean the old one or the new one? Alternative is to stay alone, but thats no fun? Thais like drama and maybe life is suppose to just one long drama like a Thai soap opera?

2. So will you ever know where you are with them?

I don't know....one could ask the same question but different, like:

1. "can you ever trust a Farang Lady - Farang Man...?"

2. If you sincerely love your partner and the love is mutual why question if you will ever know...?"

LaoPo

Merry Christmas, whoever you're with these days....

• 2 weeks later...