Uk Televisions In Thailand

dawsonuk

Hi Guys

I recently got a shipment of household items from the UK. I brought over my TV which I wasnt sure if it would work and when I plugged it in - I get a great picture - but no sound.

Is there a way to get this fixed - or is it as simple as "Go and buy a new one!'

Cheers

Dawson

Hi Guys

I recently got a shipment of household items from the UK. I brought over my TV which I wasnt sure if it would work and when I plugged it in - I get a great picture - but no sound.

Is there a way to get this fixed - or is it as simple as "Go and buy a new one!'

Cheers

Dawson

Though not a shipping expert but you must really like that TV to ship it all the way here if one was to do the cost vs buy new equation.

Look at it this way mate, you can now watch the Thai tv channels and still not understand them like the rest of us with sound.

Edited by bkkjames

There are different carrier frequencies used to carry the audio in differnt countries...

Take a look at this link.

PAL (UK- Thailand)

Bottom of this page for PAL sound options.

Assuming it is a recent TV there might be options that can be set using the user controlled menu system, IE tell it you have moved to another country. Might be a sub-set of the tuning controls.

Some TVs have extra control menus that are not normally accessable to domestic users, it is possible to modify a remote control handsets (dependant on make/model) to create an "engineers" controller and change more advanced settings within a TV. Probably not wise unless you are happy to experiment.

Does the TV have external inputs?

You might find it easier to use it as a monitor for a satellite/cable receiver unless it is possible to modify it.

Contact with a Thai main dealer or international service department would be a good first step.

HTH

Edited by Cuban