Distance From Suvarnabhom Airport To The Train Station

ArnoJaco

Hi there,

My flight is scheduled to arrive in Bangkok this Friday at 18:55. I would like to take the train to Surin at 20:30 that same evening.

I have no idea about the distance between the airport and the station, also traffic on a Friday evening???

Is it realistic to even consider being able to make it to the station on time?

If so, how about tickets, can I buy a ticket at the station, or on the train (to save time)?

Thank you.

Arnaud.

That's cutting it *really* fine. You'll need to take a taxi.

Actually, if you don't even have train tickets, I would say you can't do it. Better off spending a night in Bangkok. It's a long train ride and you won't be comfortable sitting up all night after a long flight.

Actually, if you don't even have train tickets, I would say you can't do it. Better off spending a night in Bangkok. It's a long train ride and you won't be comfortable sitting up all night after a long flight.

The trains do have sleeper cars, you know?

You'll be lucky getting a sleeper having bought your ticket with 2 minutes to spare. Hence spending the night there and sorting things out at leisure.

You'll be lucky getting a sleeper having bought your ticket with 2 minutes to spare. Hence spending the night there and sorting things out at leisure.

I agree that 2 mins is cutting it close to even getting on the train, but do you think the train will even be full going to Surin?

By the way, my wife and daughter went from CM to BKK last month and I was able to get them a sleeper just a few hours before the train departed... So it can be done, but maybe not all the time...... (Kind of like getting Business Class on a flight, I have upgraded many of times during check in. But it's not always the case.)

I don't know about Surin but I wouldn't depend on being able to get a sleeper at short notice generally in this country. I've tried and been disappointed many times. As for an hour and a half to Hualumpong- it's quite a way (I'm guessing 20-30 km?). You can do it easily unless you hit stinking traffic which can always happen.

I'm with TW on this, but I guess you could try- pitch up and see, if you can make it and there are tickets then you're larfing. If not catch a cab to a cozy overnight hotel.

That's an hour and a half from scheduled landing time. With queues at passport control and a wait for luggage then a possible queue for taxis followed by the 40 mins or so just to get into town, I don't think it's really doable.

Shame Surin airport is shut. Maybe Isaan Air can convince them to reopen it.

That's an hour and a half from scheduled landing time. With queues at passport control and a wait for luggage then a possible queue for taxis followed by the 40 mins or so just to get into town, I don't think it's really doable.

Shame Surin airport is shut. Maybe Isaan Air can convince them to reopen it.

I think you are all confirming what I was thinking of doing all along. I can book tickets online, but I would still have to go and pick them up, I have never been to this train station... so I will take your advice, spend a night in BKK and organise my journey to Surin at a more leisurely pace.

Thank you very much!!!

Arnaud.

there MIGHT be a way out-dont use the train from start=BKK main=HuaLampong.

ALL trains north/east also stop at SamSen, bangSue, BangKhen (not all) and old Don Muang (old for the aorport), lve Dmg some 45/50 mins later. Same train-and mostly they dont start checking all tickets till there. That gives you :a. a much faster taxi-ride, and b. more transfer-time. Tickets cannot effectively be booked online, and you are at the mercy of what is left open-that the train is not full does not mean there are still beds available-fancy that 3d cl. seat?

Also: think BUS-much faster, cheaper and easier to handle-simply buy ticket on departure-from that giant Mochit2 busstation.

there is also a much later dead-slow passenger train to Ubon-via Buriram-Surin-but that mainly has 3d class=hard wooden open air seats and I am not sure if even have sleeper (thee non)