Photographic Shops In Bangkok

sibeymai

Have recently purchased an Olympus E-510 digital SLR for stills to complement my Sony HCX-7 handycam. I want to further develop my digital imaging skills to a point where I can do some freelance professional work (spent some time as a photographer back in the days of film) and need to find a good shop in Bangkok for photo/video related items.

Specifically I need an illuminating light for the Sony handycam. I've seen a Sony accessory which is readily available for around 2,000 bt but it appears quite small and inadequate. Seen the dual light HVL-20DW2 on the net. This looks suitable as it has an external battery pack, but no sign of it in Bangkok. Anyone know where it might be sold ?

Also I need a directional microphone. The Sony accessory zoom mike looks ok but the handycam only has one accessory mounting shoe. Does this mean there is no way of attaching the mike and the light to the handycam simultaneously ? How to connect the light to the handycam ?

Any recommendations on software to produce VCD/DVDs and JPEG albums on one disk ? Something which can produce a professional result with menus, subtitles etc and which doesn't require hours of studying the help files to use.

Thanks.

Yep Nero is ok but I always used Microsoft Windows Movie Maker which is a simple drag and drop type software.

Cyberlink Power Director is first class but rather technical - produces a better presentation though

Finally Ulead VideoStudio 11 (I haven't used it but it gets rave reviews)

Edited by The Vulcan

I buy my stuff at Avcamera, they have a website www.avcamera.com good service and pro gear, for your Oly you can order the 12 - 60 lens which is very good, or the 14 - 54 for 1/2 the price.

If you're into Windows the Adobe Lightroom is pretty good, for Mac Aperture is great.