What Is Remedy To Overstay Retirement Extention 100 Days

sbathon

My O visa and retirement extension expired 101 days ago. Can I go to CM immigration and get this straightened out (pay fine?) and get another extension?

Has anyone done this or had any experience with overstay in CM? Will they approve another retirement extension if I'm eligilble?

I understand it's possible immigration will give me a 7 day to leave the country, but has anyone gotten a retirement extension under these circumstances?

Can you come up with a good excuse- i.e. a doctor's note?

Otherwise all I can suggest is you go down and see what happens....

There is a codified fine. If you pay the fine, and are contrite...they may have mercy on your soul and issue another extension.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

My O visa and retirement extension expired 101 days ago. Can I go to CM immigration and get this straightened out (pay fine?) and get another extension?

Has anyone done this or had any experience with overstay in CM?

Don't take my word for this, but I heard that it is much better if one turns themselves in rather than being caught.

A good excuse is always good, as is a wad of 1,000 baht notes and a bottle of JW for the man in charge.

Hope it all works out.

Let us know what happens eh?

Why on earth did you let it go for 3 months?

I would suggest, as others have, to present yourself to immigration, but don't go waving money and bottles of Scotch around. Suss out the situation when you are there and perhaps make an offer.

The normal overstay rate these days is 500 baht per day so you'll be up for at least THB50,000. A few years ago the maximum penalty was 20,000 baht but that was when the day rate for overstay was 100 baht per day. I'm not sure what the maximum is these days.

If the officials want to get nasty you'll go to jail and when you get out you'll be on the blacklist, ie. not welcome back in Thailand.

Best get it sorted asap.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Why on earth did you let it go for 3 months?

I would suggest, as others have, to present yourself to immigration, but don't go waving money and bottles of Scotch around. Suss out the situation when you are there and perhaps make an offer.

The normal overstay rate these days is 500 baht per day so you'll be up for at least THB50,000. A few years ago the maximum penalty was 20,000 baht but that was when the day rate for overstay was 100 baht per day. I'm not sure what the maximum is these days

If the officials want to get nasty you'll goto jail and when you get out you'll be on the blacklist, ie. not welcome back in Thailand.

Best get it sorted asap.

I got mixed up and thought my annual visa renewal was due in October. I've been really busy the last couple of months. My daughter came here from the US to get married along with other family & friends. I never gave a thought to renewing my visa until I went to apply for a visa to Vietnam and looked through my passport. What a shock.

I know I'll have to pay the fine. My dilemma is whether I should go to immigration in CM and throw myself on their mercy and try to get another retirement extension- or should I just to pay at BKK when I go to Vietnam in a couple of weeks? I can apply for a new Thai visa when I'm in Hanoi.

Has anyone done this or had any experience with overstay in CM?

From experience I know that the maximum overstay fine should be 20k baht (at least it was so a year ago).

In my opinion it is best to go to immigration in CNX because BKK are less friendly and deal with too many people.

A year ago, when I went in for the yearly extension, thinking I could easily switch from marriage to retirement visa, I was told that I had overstayed 300+ days due to the fact that I had divorced almost year earlier and, when you divorce, that you should turn yourself in to have your marriage visa cancelled and a new visa issued in its place.

After returning the next day, and prepared to pay the 20K, I asked if there was any way to avoid it. The officer proposed a work-around that involved a border run and reentering on a 30 day permit, then issuing a new non-o 3-month visa locally (no need to leave the country) which I extended two months later. Of course, since I still had an apparently valid visa in my passport, at the border i was not asked for any money, in your case it is probably more difficult.

In any case, I found CM immigration to be very helpful indeed.

Good luck,

Paul