Nong-on Historical Village

tatom

Nong-on Historical Village is where Ho Chi Minh lived in 1928. I think it is in Udon. Does anyone know the exact location?

If you go to Udon you will be 300 kms off the spot. The place you want is 5 kms outside Nakhon Phanom situated on the Mekong River. There are now 2 museums -- one the house and land where Ho lived and another in a new building 500 m behind. This was opened by Mr.Thaksin and members of the Viet. Government on an official visit a few years ago.

Nong On is not far from Udon at all. It is the village my house and farm are in. My house is a stones throw from Ho Chi Minhs boyhood home which still stands. Take the ring road to kut chap road. It is just a little past Chiang Pin and about halfway to Kut Chap. It is almost exactly 10 Kilometers from the ring road. For his home and Museum there is a small green sign in english and thai (which is easy to miss) at the sign take a left an it is a few hundred feet. I have walked over there several times and it has never been open. It is well taken care of but I have never seen anyone around there.

Nong-on Historical Village is where Ho Chi Minh lived in 1928. I think it is in Udon. Does anyone know the exact location?

If you go to Udon you will be 300 kms off the spot. The place you want is 5 kms outside Nakhon Phanom situated on the Mekong River. There are now 2 museums -- one the house and land where Ho lived and another in a new building 500 m behind. This was opened by Mr.Thaksin and members of the Viet. Government on an official visit a few years ago.

Hi

Here is GPS coordinates for HCM House (Nakhon Phanom)

N17.37406deg.

E104.76122Deg.

Visited there all the museums but not village about a year ago and well worth to visit, take cam with you as it's nice place.