Plastic Packaging

laphroaig

Am I the only one who is getting more and more frustrated by the day with the packaging of items?

It all started with the battle that passengers had to face in the days when Airlines gave you crackers and a little packet of cheese to go with it. I know I was not alone with the struggle to extract the cheese from the wrapping. Watching others as the cheese flew around the cabin and teeth were pulled out of their sockets was always an interesting experience.

Well this seems to have spread now to all sort of packaging. Today I bought a simple USB hub. Not only is the plastic pretty strong, you would need a machette and arms like a WWC wrestler to get into the dam_n thing.

I feel better now for getting that off my chest

T

Am I the only one who is getting more and more frustrated by the day with the packaging of items?

It all started with the battle that passengers had to face in the days when Airlines gave you crackers and a little packet of cheese to go with it. I know I was not alone with the struggle to extract the cheese from the wrapping. Watching others as the cheese flew around the cabin and teeth were pulled out of their sockets was always an interesting experience.

Well this seems to have spread now to all sort of packaging. Today I bought a simple USB hub. Not only is the plastic pretty strong, you would need a machette and arms like a WWC wrestler to get into the dam_n thing.

I feel better now for getting that off my chest

T

I agree with you, every day when I take out the trash ( why is my wife not doing this? :o ) I am amazed / disgusted with the amount of plastic packaging that we seem to go through. The only saving grace is although there doesn't appear to be a blue box type set-up in Bangkok, the guys that sort the trash make sure to get every plastic bottle.

Yes, they do love their plastic. It's plastic around items that inside a plastic wrapped package, that then go into a plastic bag to be weighed and then into a plastic sack to take home. I constantly try to re-package things at the grocery store because I really don't care that the meat, fruit and vegetables aren't all in separate bags. Don't like hot items next to cold ones, but that's about it.