I Need To Share The Same Peripherals With 2 Comps

Dancali

I have my notebook which I have hooked up to my monitor, keyboard/mouse, and usb cables. But about once a day I need to switch all of that stuff over to a different computer for my assistant to use. Further, it's not that convenient to have to deal with all of these connections when I want to take my notebook portable and then put it back.

Does anybody know of a piece of hardware to help with my situation? A hub with some usb 2.0 slots, and a monitor connection which I could simply switch from one comp to another would be perfect. One of those docking stations would help with the inconvenience of taking my notebook mobile and coming back, but it wouldn't solve the problem (I don't think) of also hooking everything up to the desktop computer.

I will be going back to America for a bit soon so I am not limited to ordering only things in Thailand.

Thanks for any help,

Daniel

I've seen KVM switches at IT Mall - so you can have a look around there or at Pantip.

I also know you get some models with USB as well, but I don't think I saw any of those there (but I wasn't looking very hard). That would still leave the issue of disconnecting everything from the notebook when you travel - but you would avoid having to switch between the two.