Who Do You Call For Help With Snake Infestation?

elektrified

Recently, my g/f has been telling me that she has been seeing small to medium sized snakes in the side-yard but when I go to look they are gone. She said one was even trying to push its way under the dining room door that leads to the side of the house. Today she called me, "come quickly!" and when I went downstairs there was a very large (full-grown), brown colored snake, somehow sliding its body up the dining room window. We watched it as it squeezed its way through a very small opening in the facade under the roof tiles. We continued to watch for about 20 minutes and then saw another snake, this time a medium sized green-striped variety peer its head out through another roof tile.

It is apparent that we may have a nest up there. Also, recently the tokai population has gotten out of control and I have been suspecting a tokai nest up there as I have been seeing babies. I don't mind the tokai so much but the snake situation has to be dealt with. My g/f says it is "bad luck" and she won't go outside to hang the laundry.

My friend in Bangkok says there is a government agency that you can call and a guy will come out, catch the snakes, get rid of the nest and plug any holes where they can get in. They work on a donation basis. He said he had this problem in BKK and they came the same day.

Anyone out there have any ideas who to call?

Thanks in advance.

Tookaey will actually catch the snakes and kill them. So as long as you leave them alone they might deal with your snake problem for you.

thanks cmsally, the snake that I saw today was five times the size of the largest tookaey I have seen here. I don't think the tookaey would have a chance at killing the snake.

Tookaey will actually catch the snakes and kill them. So as long as you leave them alone they might deal with your snake problem for you.

thanks cmsally, the snake that I saw today was five times the size of the largest tookaey I have seen here. I don't think the tookaey would have a chance at killing the snake.

If you mean five times in length, definitely not a problem for the Tookaey.

There are quite a few posters on here who tell you what beautiful creatures snakes are and if you have one in your garden where your children play, you shouldn't kill it but love it instead. Maybe one of them will volunteer to come round and remove them for you, if not, I am happy to come round and set fire to your house to cremate the buggers. Obviously, there is a downside to this option.

There are quite a few posters on here who tell you what beautiful creatures snakes are and if you have one in your garden where your children play, you shouldn't kill it but love it instead. Maybe one of them will volunteer to come round and remove them for you, if not, I am happy to come round and set fire to your house to cremate the buggers. Obviously, there is a downside to this option.

Thanks but I really need a serious solution to this problem. Maybe the zoo would know who to call. We just chased away an adult green snake as it came out of the facade. It went over the block wall into the jungle. I read somewhere that the green snakes in Thailand are non-poisonous; some are mildly poisonous. Maybe the change in the weather or something has brought out so many today. I don't know.

Pricey, but you could get one of these

Our house is surrounded by long grass which is natural snake territory but we find having cats and dogs around keeps them away. Snakes prefer a quite life and generally stay out the garden.

One of the cats in particular is a great snake catcher. I have rescued several recently from the great cat game of toying with prey but occasionally find one that has had its head bitten off left as a bloody gift in the kitchen.

Pricey, but you could get one of these

Our house is surrounded by long grass which is natural snake territory but we find having cats and dogs around keeps them away. Snakes prefer a quite life and generally stay out the garden.

One of the cats in particular is a great snake catcher. I have rescued several recently from the great cat game of toying with prey but occasionally find one that has had its head bitten off left as a bloody gift in the kitchen.

We have dogs and have not had any problem like this in the three months we have been in this house. Our place is completely surrounded by tropical foliage and we always have frogs, tookaey, etc. but just in the last week this snake problem began. We have seen snakes in the moobaan and know they are there but this is too close to home!

Our cat is a great gecko catcher but we don't want her outside and especially near any snakes that could be poisonous.

It's the food chain.

You get the Tookaey to kill the snakes that kill the rats that kill the mice that chew the electricals in the roof that keep the Tookaeys warm :o Much like the old lady that swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly?

Edited by Swanky