Kattana (japanese Swords) Made In Thailand

braverrouge

Who ever is looking for quality Katanas (Japanese Swords) for martial art excercise purpose can buy them in Thailand from a local factory in Samutsakorn www.thaitsukisword.com/home

Note that most of their products are lifeblades (very sharp) and nothing to compare what you can get at the beach road in Pattaya or other tourist towns for THb 1,000 or THB 2,000

Their price range starts at around THB 8,000 up to THB 50,000 each.

Quality wise the Katanas produced by Thaitsuki Swords are as good as originals from Japan.

Besides of the quality of the Katanas, produced by Thautsuki Swords, they are also a very nice display pieces.

Just have it far away from children hands.

Noted:

I don't benefit anything from this add. I was looking around to buy Katanas online for training purpose but wasn't very confident to buy them without holding them in my hand first.

With Thaitsuki, I at least, have the option to hold the Katana before deciding to buy it without travelling all the way to Japan. :o

Who ever is looking for quality Katanas (Japanese Swords) for martial art excercise purpose can buy them in Thailand from a local factory in Samutsakorn www.thaitsukisword.com/home

Note that most of their products are lifeblades (very sharp) and nothing to compare what you can get at the beach road in Pattaya or other tourist towns for THb 1,000 or THB 2,000

Quality wise the Katanas produced by Thaitsuki Swords are as good as originals from Japan.

Besides of the quality of the Katanas, produced by Thautsuki Swords, they are also a very nice display pieces.

Noted:

I don't benefit anything from this add. I was looking around to buy Katanas online for training purpose but wasn't very confident to buy them without holding them in my hand first.

With Thaitsuki, I at least, have the option to hold the Katana before deciding to buy it without travelling all the way to Japan. :o

They work equally well on Soi Dogs I hear...at least in sa-khon (sp).

Noted:

wow, thanks.... i left my real samurai sword in america at least now i can replace it with a good copy

now if i could just replace my good nunchuks here. the one i have here is garbage. got my good ones in the phillipines in '68 but lost them on my trip here. heavy wood, thicker, very short string. looked everywhere but cant find a good replacement. i found a company on the net that will make custom ones but I am not so sure they will make it to me through the mail

Edited by jimmys

wow, thanks.... i left my real samurai sword in america at least now i can replace it with a good copy

now if i could just replace my good nunchuks here. the one i have here is garbage. got my good ones in the phillipines in '68 but lost them on my trip here. heavy wood, thicker, very short string. looked everywhere but cant find a good replacement. i found a company on the net that will make custom ones but I am not so sure they will make it to me through the mail

Glad that this post was helpful.

As for the nunchucks, I've no idea where to get propper ones.

The only nunchucks I'd seen in Thailand are those rubbish ones at the sideroads and some selfmade.

I'm not an expert in nunchucks but have been told that Lee Barden is an expert using and making nunchucks.

His vids. on youtube are quite impressive but as I said I'm not an expert in nunchucks.

Here's a link to his online store www.precisionstrikes.bravehost.com/

A little advice when you have someone mail nunchucks to you:

- Ensure that they are sent by courier service (DHL, UPS etc.), pretty save and traceable

- Have an invoice sent with the package and ask the shop to state "Non Value" and/or US$ 01.00 in the invoice.

- And very important request the shop to stamp the word SAMPLE on the invoice, so you can get around the import duties (if any).

- The original invoice needs to be sent to you seperately, otherwise they customs will find out that you are trying to avoid import duties.

good idea on the shipping but i am more worried about confiscation rather than fees. that link is expensive and the chukkas are too thin, but the cord is short which is rare and good. i have a better site i will post when i find it and they do 1" diameter at the top and 1.25" at the bottom and in any wood you want. good product if it winds up at my door

I dont see any pricing on the swords. do they have any on the net. i emailed them but would like to see some online pricing. do they have a store here or just a factory, shows 3 outlets but none in thailand

Edited by jimmys

good idea on the shipping but i am more worried about confiscation rather than fees. that link is expensive and the chukkas are too thin, but the cord is short which is rare and good. i have a better site i will post when i find it and they do 1" diameter at the top and 1.25" at the bottom and in any wood you want. good product if it winds up at my door

I dont see any pricing on the swords. do they have any on the net. i emailed them but would like to see some online pricing. do they have a store here or just a factory, shows 3 outlets but none in thailand

It seems that you know your stuff when it comes to nunchucks.

What kind of martial art are you practicing ?

That's correct, they didn't put on prices because of their other stores overseas.

The local prices in Thailand are much cheaper than those in overseas.

I first thought it was that "Thai Style" selling to Farang, with surcharge, but have been advised that they have shipping costs and import duties overseas which have be included into their prices.

If buying in Thailand you wont have those cost and you can hold the Katanas first before deciding to buy them :o at a much cheaper rate.

Their factory and store are at the same place.

I understand they they haven't opened any other brnaches in Thailand yet.

Therefore, I f you like to give them a visit, which they would apprechiate, you need to drive to Samutsakorn.

It's quite close to BKK and should take longer than an hour.

Here are the retail prices they give me a while ago:

Maru

ktn3= THB 17500

ktn4= THB 18700

ktn5= THB 22500

wk01= THB 15000

wk02= THB 16000

iaito1= THB 8,500

Sanmais01= THB 38,500s02= THB 36,500s03= THB 42,500

http://www.bushiblades.com

bk01= THB 14000

bk02= THB 15000

bk03= THB 16000

bk04= THB 17000

Who ever doesn't have the knowledge about Katanas would say that these are rip off prices but as I said, these Katanas aren't soveniers, they are lifeblades and much cheaper than buying from Japan directly.

i am going to get a katana from there, looks like the right quality and price for what you get. great to have in the home for protection since i had to give up my guns when i left the states. making them the proper Japanese way is time consuming and requires lots of skill.

Of course nunchskas are pretty handy for self defense. I found the nunchakus site I had. quality, selection and price look good

http://www.customworkshop.biz/nunchakus.htm

i am going to get a katana from there, looks like the right quality and price for what you get. great to have in the home for protection since i had to give up my guns when i left the states. making them the proper Japanese way is time consuming and requires lots of skill.

Of course nunchskas are pretty handy for self defense. I found the nunchakus site I had. quality, selection and price look good

Jesus, so you often find you need shit like this 'in the home' for protection/self defense?? Where the f.. do you live, just so I don't move there.

Jesus, so you often find you need shit like this 'in the home' for protection/self defense?? Where the f.. do you live, just so I don't move there.

I dont know how to break this to you but i am your next door neighbor so dont bother climbing the wall :o

guess you dont read the papers or realize there is crime out there. I believe in safe than sorry and personally know people whose homes were broken into here, one while he was home with his family. My village is upscale, close to the beach in jomtien, has guards and has had many instances of break ins, welcome to the real world. guess if you ever have home invaders you can call the BIB

Throwing stars. Nothing like waking up from a sound sleep to find a burglar roaming around your home and not having the proper weapon at your disposal. With just a few years of practice you can harness your inner ninja and kill the intruder with a well placed throwing star or two. Personally, I would try to smuggle properly made and certified weapons from Japan or South Korea. Like most things manufactured in Thailand the only advantage to a local purchase is an attractive price. If you're going to buy Thai I suggest you travel to the katana factory and observe the product manufacturing process. First look at the master fabricator. Does he have a bunch of cancerous growths or does he ooze puss from any open wounds. Undoubtedly the factory owner has found a source of cheap high-tech metal smuggled in from a country looking to get rid of nuclear waste. Are the swords stamped out from a machine stolen from a automobile factory or are the make in the traditional Japanese method. I've found that the katanas with the plastic handles are suspect. This may be the result of an attempt to recycle recovered used condoms by the two nice ladies who clean the whole city of Pattaya six days a week. The last thing you may want to consider is whether or not the retailer will report your name and address to the police. Nothing like being raided early on a Sunday morning while sleeping off whatever happened the night before. I predict bad tidings if after years of training you involuntarily throw or strike out at what you think may be an intruder and it turns out it's the BIB collections service.

Throwing stars. Nothing like waking up from a sound sleep to find a burglar roaming around your home and not having the proper weapon at your disposal. With just a few years of practice you can harness your inner ninja and kill the intruder with a well placed throwing star or two. Personally, I would try to smuggle properly made and certified weapons from Japan or South Korea. Like most things manufactured in Thailand the only advantage to a local purchase is an attractive price. If you're going to buy Thai I suggest you travel to the katana factory and observe the product manufacturing process. First look at the master fabricator. Does he have a bunch of cancerous growths or does he ooze puss from any open wounds. Undoubtedly the factory owner has found a source of cheap high-tech metal smuggled in from a country looking to get rid of nuclear waste. Are the swords stamped out from a machine stolen from a automobile factory or are the make in the traditional Japanese method. I've found that the katanas with the plastic handles are suspect. This may be the result of an attempt to recycle recovered used condoms by the two nice ladies who clean the whole city of Pattaya six days a week. The last thing you may want to consider is whether or not the retailer will report your name and address to the police. Nothing like being raided early on a Sunday morning while sleeping off whatever happened the night before. I predict bad tidings if after years of training you involuntarily throw or strike out at what you think may be an intruder and it turns out it's the BIB collections service.

:o