Uk Visit Visa Application "length Of Stay"

I Just applied for a visit visa for my girlfriend to visit the UK with me at Christmas. On the application I stated that we were going to stay in the UK until the 4th of Jan, however, my holidays have now changed and I am able to stay a little longer and get cheaper flights as well. I now plan to stay till the 9th of Jan which will increase our 2 week 5 day holiday to 3 and a half weeks. Will it matter in the future when we apply for another visa that we didn't leave on the exact date we stated on the first application?

Thanks

A few days over what you stated on the application will not matter, you even have a valid reason to explain the small difference.

It is when the periods become longer, that some have suggested that there might be a problem in future.

I requested, from memory, a couple of months VV and got the usual 6 month granted, so stayed the full period, no questions ever asked, or problems in future attempts, although I neither condone or suggest it is right or proper.

Some suggest that it compromises your honesty and may complicate future requests, it has been discussed several times before and I can't remember Scouses advice on it.

But in your case, it will be fine I would suggest.

Good Luck

Moss

Great result!!

Our application was granted within just 2 days, we dropped it off on Friday afternoon and got the message to collect the passport early Tuesday morning.

I was very happy as I was expecting it to be declined after reading all the horror stories :D

I didn't even think the application was all that strong as the only real reason my girlfriend had for returning was the fact that I was returning, but in the end that was enough.

I think the fact that I made a concise and tidy application folder helped as well, as they have kept 3 or 4 of the key parts and left all the others. If your application is all jumbled there is probably a high chance they could miss something.

Good luck to anyone else who is in the process :o