Moving To Thailand + Income

(edit)

I do not live with my parents in fact she didn't even see my parents,

she has payed her airplane ticket herself (parents) wich made me very confident about her.

But when I talk about moving to thailand, it's in an very independant way, not counting on any lady.

Go for it then. You have the rest of your life to be old, no need to start your life fo drudgery now.

One thing to consider though (or not). You made an observation earlier about 50 year men with 22 year old Thai girls. The reasons that those relationships are common are interesting perhaps, but the converse is also interesting to note. In Belgium, for instance, you'll meet pretty many 50 year men married to 50 year old women who have been married for 30 years despite the high divorce rate in Belgium. On the other hand, I can't recall ever meeting a 50+ year old western male in Thailand who had been married to a Thai woman for 30 years. Anglos have been scooping up Thai brides (or perhaps Thai girls scopping up Anglo grooms) at least since the Vietnam War too, so by now their ought to be couples who are old enough to meet that profile. Have to figure that means that either not a lot of 19 year old Westerners who hook up with Thai girls of their own age find a lasting realationship, or that they wind up deciding that Thailand is not where they want to live.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to mention that my parents have an annual income of over 250.000 euros

So..whats your point...I know plenty of people who earn that and more in Thailand...

£200k in Thailand? Pray tell what these "plenty" of people do? :o

RAZZ

Oil and Gas....US$ 25,000- 30,000/month, not that unusual...250k Euro...about US$ 315k/year, internationally, US$250k -US$300k, there are guys earning a lot more than this...some of them in the US$ 400k- US$ 500k bracket, and if their tax structure is correctly done, they will put the vast majority of it in their pocket as well..

So..whats your point...I know plenty of people who earn that and more in Thailand...

£200k in Thailand? Pray tell what these "plenty" of people do? :o

RAZZ

Oil and Gas....US$ 25,000- 30,000/month, not that unusual...250k Euro...about US$ 315k/year, internationally, US$250k -US$300k, there are guys earning a lot more than this...some of them in the US$ 400k- US$ 500k bracket, and if their tax structure is correctly done, they will put the vast majority of it in their pocket as well..

Fascinating.

Southpeel: Offcourse, I have Bill Gates, and George Bush as my msn friends. But I do not own there salary. So what's the point mate?

If you read the thread, you would see RAZZ asked the question and was given the answer..so thats the point...

Believe what you want...but if you are talking to George Bush tell him from me he is an ar*ehole.. :o:D

£200k in Thailand? Pray tell what these "plenty" of people do? :D

RAZZ

What exactly in Oil and Gas...? I knew sociology at Uni was a bad choice but it seems my mates who studied law and work for top 3 law firms in London made a bad choice too :o

I should've done an Open Water :D

RAZZ

Southpeel: Offcourse, I have Bill Gates, and George Bush as my msn friends. But I do not own there salary. So what's the point mate?

If you read the thread, you would see RAZZ asked the question and was given the answer..so thats the point...

Believe what you want...but if you are talking to George Bush tell him from me he is an ar*ehole.. :o:D

Datsun240/260/280Z or whoever you are, Soutpeel was asked by Razz what these folks did that he knows who earns 200k Euros a year... And Soutpeel mentioned the O&G industry..... So get over your young foolish self and read the posts....... I as well know a few (more than 10) personally who are both Thai and farang that earn these types of incomes and are not in the O&G industry. And no, they are not even running their own business. They work 8-5 (probably a few hours in the evenings on conference calls and doing emails) but yet they are with their families every night except for some occasional travel. So it is not unheard of.....

£200k in Thailand? Pray tell what these "plenty" of people do? :D

RAZZ

What exactly in Oil and Gas...? I knew sociology at Uni was a bad choice but it seems my mates who studied law and work for top 3 law firms in London made a bad choice too :o

I should've done an Open Water :D

RAZZ

Drilling, seismic, offshore construction, building platforms for offshore etc...its bascially across the industry, as an example do you think the expat boys involved in the refinery expansions in Maptuphut are pulling US$ 5k to 10k a month ?..Nope... even the land based boys are pulling US$ 20k/month plus....As another example saturation divers, offshore, as there is a lack of good guys, they being charged out at $1500/day (yes in Thailand)....So if you had kept up with your open water ticket...who knows where it could have ended up.. :D

Give me a kiss and go to sleep. (this isnt a question)

Soutpeel...looks like you're under starter's order's! :D:o

RAZZ

He;s 19 and I bet he couldnt keep up with me.. :D:D

That's not what Nok down at the 'Hello Hansum' bar was telling everyone.......... :D

(edit)

she has payed her airplane ticket herself (parents) wich made me very confident about her.

But when I talk about moving to thailand, it's in an very independant way, not counting on any lady.

I read your topic and al the answers to it. I van only conclude one thing, you are still a 19 year old BOY, who is not yet mature enough to move to LOS. You not seems to know that

1- Surath Tanhi is one of the worst towns to stay

2-knowing that opening a bussines is almost imposible for a foreigner, not aware of the loopholes of bussines in LOS. You will simply not allowed by your compittors to succeed.

3- its almost impossible to find a job , simply because you don't have the experience needed.

4- If your girlfriend parents are middle class people, or even worse Chinese they will not be happy at all tha

(edit)

I read your topic and al the answers to it. I van only conclude one thing, you are still a 19 year old BOY, who is not yet mature enough to move to LOS. You not seems to know that

2-knowing that opening a bussines is almost imposible for a foreigner, not aware of the loopholes of bussines in LOS. You will simply not allowed by your compittors to succeed.

3- its almost impossible to find a job , simply because you don't have the experience needed.

4- If your girlfriend parents are middle class people, or even worse Chinese they will not be happy at all tha

my answer was interupted so i go on;

4- If your girlfriend parents are middle class people, or even worse Chinese they will not be happy at all that their daughter have an relationship with a foreigner.

5- a life is very cheap in the South of Thailand.

6- if I understand you postings correct you did succeed nothing yet, because you real estate

endavours was thanks to the help of your parents and their friends.

7 - even your debt is in their name and responsibility.

You should listen and keep in mind the advise that people like Naam is given to you. don't forget all of us has been 19 at one time in our life. So we all know how an 19 year old BOY think.

I'm 33 years married with a Thai lady a

(edit)

she has payed her airplane ticket herself (parents) witch made me very confident about her.

But when I talk about moving to Thailand, it's in an very independent way, not counting on any lady.

I read your topic and all the answers to it. I van only conclude one thing, you are still a 19 year old BOY, who is not yet mature enough to move to LOS. You not seems to know that

2-knowing that opening a business is almost impossible for a foreigner, not aware of the loopholes of business in LOS. You will simply not allowed by your competitors to succeed.

my answer was interrupted so i go on;

4- If your girlfriend parents are middle class people, or even worse Chinese they will not be happy at all that their daughter have an relationship with a foreigner.

6- if I understand you postings correct you did succeed nothing yet, because you real estate

endeavours was thanks to the help of your parents and their friends.

You should listen and keep in mind the advise that people like Naam is given to you. don't forget all of us has been 19 at one time in our life. So we all know how an 19 year old BOY think.

I'm 33 years married with a Thai lady and know the country and his culture. I've seen people a lot of people like you with more maturity and money, who lost everything and much more in LOS.

One member give the best advise and you should keep it in mind.

travel around the kingdom for one year and find out. maybe after that time you will have a better view. Lucky you have parents who will welcome you back with open arms. Because its seems that you are typical example of a fils a papa, who have big unrealistic dreams, and a big letter L is written on your forehead.

Sorry for my bluntness, but I'm at least honest with you.

kind regards

henry

(edit)

she has payed her airplane ticket herself (parents) witch made me very confident about her.

But when I talk about moving to Thailand, it's in an very independent way, not counting on any lady.

I read your topic and all the answers to it. I van only conclude one thing, you are still a 19 year old BOY, who is not yet mature enough to move to LOS. You not seems to know that

2-knowing that opening a business is almost impossible for a foreigner, not aware of the loopholes of business in LOS. You will simply not allowed by your competitors to succeed.

my answer was interrupted so i go on;

endeavours was thanks to the help of your parents and their friends.

I'm 33 years married with a Thai lady and know the country and his culture. I've seen people a lot of people like you with more maturity and money, who lost everything and much more in LOS.

One member give the best advise and you should keep it in mind.

travel around the kingdom for one year and find out. maybe after that time you will have a better view. Lucky you have parents who will welcome you back with open arms. Because its seems that you are typical example of a fils a papa, who have big unrealistic dreams, and a big letter L is written on your forehead.

Sorry for my bluntness, but I'm at least honest with you.

kind regards

henry

I would like to make something more clear

5- a life is cheap in the South of Thailand,

meaning taking a life is very very cheap in the south of Thailand.

(edit)

Just curious what advice your gf has given you regarding these matters?

All the best...

My name is Tommy. I'm a young man with the belgian nationality. I live..in France...I have met a young thai girl...I do love thailand and want to move there, because I don't really feel at home in France because in fact this isn't my real home country, I am belgian. Thailand is a great country and Surath thani is a great town. I want to move live there. I am still young..."

Well, my young Belgian friend living in France, I suggest you stay where you are.

Hi there Tommy.

I understand where you are coming from as i have myself been in a similar situation... thats to say i had some capital (about 2 million baht) that i could have invested somewhere in Thailand and was also keen on moving to Thailand at the age of 19... (i'm 21 now).

I pulled out of the idea and decided to study at uni here in the UK and plan to move to Thailand after i graduate in the next academic year (i still spend the 4 month summer break in Thailand each year).

My advise to you would certainly be to go for what you intend to do now however, hold it off for a while and perhaps study or spend a prolonged time in Thailand before making a decision. Even maybe doing a language course at a uni in Bangkok for a year meaning you would not spend a great deal of money whilst using the time constructively and importantly learning alot more about the Country. From there you could then make a more educated decision on what you would like to do in Thailand, not only the networking you can achieve at the uni's there !

Hope this helps and keep focused on your own aims and dont let alot of these comments get you down. Best of luck.

Back to my contention of this being a majorly fuc_ked up thread.

I'm really confused. What is the truth about this young lad? Does he have a million euro, or does he just have 20% of his 150,000 Euro property.

The lines between reality and fantasy - so often blurred on Thaivisa - are positively invisble in this young fella's case.

Back to my contention of this being a majorly fuc_ked up thread. I'm really confused. What is the truth about this young lad? Does he have a million euro, or does he just have 20% of his 150,000 Euro property. The lines between reality and fantasy - so often blurred on Thaivisa - are positively invisble in this young fella's case.

according to him he has nothing but 20% own capital in his €150k property. but that's more than enough for a start in Surat Thani where he'll sell once a month a €2.5million property and live a modest life with his girlfriend :o