Ayurveda And Detoxing

femi fan

• 1 month later...
Does anybody have experience of treatments like colonic irrigation and ion foot spa? Or ayurvedic massages?

Yes ayurvedic treatments are really good all kind of ailments, I followed an ayurvedic pancha karma (concept of detox with oenema, massages and relaxation) and felt amazing after , but it was in India !

I am still looking for a place where to have proper ayurvedic treatments in BK, I know Oriental and other hotels spas have ayurvedic massages but it not really efficient if you're not diagnosed by an ayurvedic doctor first,

Hope it helped !

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody have experience of treatments like colonic irrigation and ion foot spa? Or ayurvedic massages?

Yes ayurvedic treatments are really good all kind of ailments, I followed an ayurvedic pancha karma (concept of detox with oenema, massages and relaxation) and felt amazing after , but it was in India !

I am still looking for a place where to have proper ayurvedic treatments in BK, I know Oriental and other hotels spas have ayurvedic massages but it not really efficient if you're not diagnosed by an ayurvedic doctor first,

Hope it helped !

Hey There,

I just got back from a 14 day detox in Chiang Mai at the Ayuveda Center (www.detox-chiangmai.com) and it was a truly amazing experience.

I went in daily for 2+ hours and to have a colonic (colon hydro-therapy) and Ion Foot Soak back to back. The Ayurvedic Center in Chiang Mai had 2 doctors only one of which I had met as the owner and eldest doctor was in BKK during my stay in CM. I would like to meet her next time as I did leave with a lot of questions that I felt the doctor I spoke to was not forward enough in answering....

ION SPA: I was able to see the progression of toxins releasing each day and the colour changes which was very interesting. The docor could tell immediately that I used to smoke and if I had had too much Naan the day before the bubbles would turn white and yeaty! There was no fooling them! I did 7 treatments and it was easy to feel and see the difference immediately. They used the bamboo infrared belt in combiniation with the foot soak as well. Highly recommended but make sure that the doctor really explains what each of the colours and flecks etc in the water means as well as what it means when they sink/float etc... It is helpful in seeing what is not reacting well with our bodies so we can chang the behaviour.

COLONIC (Hydro-thereapy and enema): Amzazing. I had a small bump in my belly that has been bothering my for over 2 years and it is gone. You are covered the entire time and the therapist explains what she sees coming out so that you can make positive changes to your diet. I did 10 treatments and everything from a 4 pound weight loss, to clear skin, white eyes, energy return (main reason). Can't rave enough about what 7 days can do to save a person from years of colon abuse ;-)

The staff were amazing and they all knew be by name by the first day and we so welcoming.

The other treatments were all traditional Ayurveda treatments but I did not try at the center (Shirodhara etc).

Chiang Mai was also very conducive to this type of detox and healing as there were fresh juice bars with Kombucha and Wheatgrass and tons of organic food.

Hope this helps !

PS: I am back in Bangkok and on a hunt for a great place her to continue with other treatments and advice... Not a hotel spa. Anyone know of a good Ayurvedic Dr.? Or maybe a TCM here?

post-72940-1229163457_thumb.jpg