Prospective Marriage Visa To Australia

We have handed in our visa application in Bangkok several weeks ago. The Australian embassy in Bangkok has already contacted us and told us that we need at notice of intended marriage in the application. Does the embassy require a fully finished document, because the celebrant has just informed me that she can't authorise the form until the wedding day. Also, how do I go about giving the embassy the form, after all the form is required to give to the celebrant. Will the embassy take a photocopy? Last question, who and where can notarise the form in Thailand.

Can someone else who has done this please inform me of how it was done.....very confusing :o

We have handed in our visa application in Bangkok several weeks ago. The Australian embassy in Bangkok has already contacted us and told us that we need at notice of intended marriage in the application. Does the embassy require a fully finished document, because the celebrant has just informed me that she can't authorise the form until the wedding day. Also, how do I go about giving the embassy the form, after all the form is required to give to the celebrant. Will the embassy take a photocopy? Last question, who and where can notarise the form in Thailand.

Can someone else who has done this please inform me of how it was done.....very confusing :o

The NOIM must be lodged at least 30 days prior to the wedding date.....

You can ask the celebrant for a certified copy for immigration purposes.

The NOIM must be lodged at least 30 days prior to the wedding date.....

You can ask the celebrant for a certified copy for immigration purposes.

Yes that's correct for all marriages within Australia but the Embassy requires a NOIM to be incluedid with the fiancé application. The marriage celebrant within Australia will know what is required.

It does require for both you and your fiancé to sign the form but under Australia law only you will need to sign prior to giving it to Oz Embassy but she needs to sign at least 30 days prior to the actual marriage taking place.

My fiancé got her visa less then 2 weeks ago and it took exactly 8 weeks so good luck :D

I got in contact with the case officer in Bangkok, she sent me an email which included the following.

Outstanding documents

To assist with the further processing of your case, you are requested to

provide the following outstanding information and documents. You should

provide the original documents or a certified copy of the original. Your

ogirinal documents will be returned to you after your application is

finalised. All non-English documents must be translated into English.

(x) Letter from an authorised marriage celebrant stating date and venue of

the marriage ceremony and confirmation that a Notice of Intended Marriage

has been lodged with the celebrant (NOIM)

This implies, that the case officer dosn't actually need the NOIM, and a letter from the celebrant stating that she has received the NOIM, is sufficient. This is much much easier for me. Does everyone reading agree that this is what is meant?

Oh they also mentioned the waiting time is around 3 months for applications that are relatively complete - 8 weeks even better. I just hope its not more than 3.5 months so we can fly back happily to aus together :o

I think a letter from the celebrant should be sufficient as well but better to be safer to send the actual NOIM along signed by just yourself if you can.

I was never requested to send additional docs to them as I lodged quite a complete application but never supplied a bank statement but luckily was never requested to send it but I did send many docs like tax statements, letter from my employer and payslips.

Good luck to both you and your fiance.

Cheers

Aussie_23

NM - we just went through this 3 weeks ago, and successfully got married in Oz last week. We had a letter mailed to us from the place we booked the wedding service. The letter confirmed our marriage booking time and other details. Also attached was a copy of the NOIM that we had sent in, and our receipt (in both our names) for the funds we paid for ceremony.

We had to give all these docs in with hubby's application, but we got them back when we picked up his passport and visa.