Transferring Visas To New Passport

Can someone please advise whether the "Transfer stamp to new passport" covers all the visas required -

in other words, does it cover 1) the orginal Non-Immigrant B visa (and is that required), 2) the extension of stay and 3) the Re-entry permit.

Grateful for advices from those who have experience.

Also, does the process at Suan Plu take very long?

Many thanks.

Here is a link to a topic that covers most of your questions.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Passport-t20...amp;hl=passport

I cannot anwer you question about Suan Plu and not sure it is anwered in topic. I guess the answer will depend on how busy they are when you go. The actual process does not take long.

Edited by ubonjoe

Normaly an extension of stay is not given beyond the date of validity of your passport. So if you didn't got the complete one year of your extension they will give the rest of the year when they transfer the permission to stay stamp.

The transfer of stamps is free.

Can someone please confirm that the somewhat simpilfied stamp "Visa Class" Non-Re (on the right) is the equivalent of the original Multiple Re-entry (on the left), as they look quite different.

post-36039-1225705627_thumb.jpg

post-36039-1225705650_thumb.jpg

Edited by samtam

The small one is your last entry and permit to stay stamp. The non-re means non immigrant retirement visa class.

Your re-entry permit is valid until 28 April.

"Re-entry valid until 28 April", even though it's in the old passport, and has not been transferred to the new?

Edited by samtam

The small one is your last entry and permit to stay stamp. The non-re means non immigrant retirement visa class.

Your re-entry permit is valid until 28 April.

"Re-entry valid until 28 April", even though it's in the old passport, and has not been transferred to the new?

Yes But I am not sure what you are asking about.

As long as your old passport is valid these will be valid. The dates on both stamps should be the same as the date your last extension is valid until.

When does your passport expire. I am guessing that you are getting a new one early so that you will have the the 6 month validity in case you need to make a trip.

Edited by ubonjoe

The old passport has expired and been cancelled. The new one has been issued. The old passport has the re-entry permit on the left. The new one has the stamp on the right. The extension of stay stamps have been transferred today to the new passport, but the old re-entry permit as shown has not. I thought the stamp on the right was the transferred re-entry permit, but you are suggesting it is not. Therefore, I need to know whether they mistakenly failed to transfer the valid re-entry permit, (so that I have to go back and get them to do that) or whether I need to purchase another one.

Edited by samtam

The old passport has expired and cancelled. The new one has been issued. The old passport has the re-entry permit on the left. The new one has the stamp on the right. The extension of stay stamps have been transferred today to the new passport, but the old re-entry permit as shown has not. I thought the stamp on the right was the transferred re-entry permit, but you are suggesting it is not. Therefore, I need to know whether they mistakenly failed to transfer the valid re-entry permit, (so that I have to go back and get them to do that) or whether I need to purchase another one.

The stamps in your old passport are still valid. You will not have to purchase a new one.

Carry both passports when you travel.

The arrival stamp in the old passport continues to serve as valid evidence that you are staying legally in Thailand. However, on your next departure from Thailand the immigration officer will not give you a departure stamp in your new passport until the last arrival stamp is transferred to the new passport, together with a note in your new passport referring to your original visa. If you are on an extension of stay, the last extension stamp will also be transferred to your new passport.

You should ask for this transfer of stamps at an immigration office. While an officer at the immigration desk at a departure point might also do it, it is not his duty and he may be unwilling to do it with a queue of departing passengers lined up behind you.

--

Maestro

Last year I arrived with a new passport and presented it and the old one to immigration on arrival, immigration stamped my new passport with entry stamp valid until the current extension as shown in my old passport - when my extension was due I presented both the old and the new to Suan Plu together with a new application to extend - they entered a copy of my original visa into my new passport plus my current extension which still had a few weeks to expiry - they then processed my new application for extension as normal. I now have 2 pages showing original visa detail, arrival date and the extension valid at the time I applied for the new extension. All simple, easy and no problem just extended the process time by 10 minutes while they transfered the old info.