Melamine Paint/repair Stuff

Sheryl

I have a custom-fit kitchen set up by index, with white melamine coating on the cabionet doors etc. Done 10 years ago and still in sturdy condition but chipping here and there which is unsightly, I want to refinish those areas. went to Index counter at Living Mall and was told they don't sell it but that I ought to be able to get it in a sort of paint form at homePro, went to HomePro and they didn't have it and didn't know who did.

Any ideas???

thanks!

I have a custom-fit kitchen set up by index, with white melamine coating on the cabionet doors etc. Done 10 years ago and still in sturdy condition but chipping here and there which is unsightly, I want to refinish those areas. went to Index counter at Living Mall and was told they don't sell it but that I ought to be able to get it in a sort of paint form at homePro, went to HomePro and they didn't have it and didn't know who did.

Any ideas???

thanks!

Powdered milk from China has plenty of melamine in it.... :o

melamine - to paint a melamine surfaces

U don't need any special paint, but what U need to do is this

-roughen the surfaces abit w/ a regular grid sandpaper

-apply a good primer - a bonding layer between the old surface and the new paint

-use satin, semi gloss, high gloss enamel paint - they are the most durable and washable stuff for kitchen area

-U still can do the extra step - by coating it with a tough verrethane hard finish - for extra durablity

:o

-apply a good primer - a bonding layer between the old surface and the new paint

-use satin, semi gloss, high gloss enamel paint - they are the most durable and washable stuff for kitchen area

-U still can do the extra step - by coating it with a tough verrethane hard finish - for extra durablity

:o

Being a kitchen; do not forget to clean it first and wash it down a second time with clean, fresh water.

If it's a good primer you do not have to sand it.

To test the primer, aply a little, let it dry 24 hours, and then try scratch it with a nail.

If it sticks your are ok. If it does not, you try another brand.

:D

Being a kitchen; do not forget to clean it first and wash it down a second time with clean, fresh water.

If it's a good primer you do not have to sand it.

To test the primer, aply a little, let it dry 24 hours, and then try scratch it with a nail.

If it sticks your are ok. If it does not, you try another brand.

Good points BT

Well that should do it, for our Sheryl then

Oh....I would use a med size sponge roller - faster and smoother than a brush

Happy cleaning and painting JA,......Sheryl sis :o

Edited by MetroGirl