Temple Of The Tigers

Bizz

This may be of interest .Watched a beautiful program on animal planet last night on Sky and taught I would share it this may have been done already if so my apologies.

ttp://www.farangonline.com/disp_articles.asp?art=115&origin=The%20Big%20Read

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=TEMPLE...nG=Search&meta=

Edited by Bizz

I've been to this temple and I have personaly asked about the safety of my children if they come to visit with me (They were not with me at the time).

It was explained to me that I need not worry the tigers were sedated, pretending not to understand I was then shown the drug and the means by which it is administered - in the Tiger's feed bottles and on their food.

These animals are being drugged for to quieten them so that tourists can hanled them, pet them and have their photo taken holding a cub.

It is simply disgusting and I shall not be taking my children to see this spectical.

The whole thing is a business, people are fooled by the fact that 'Monks' are running the place and are told that these animals are being rehabilitated for release into the wild.

Total <deleted> - if they are being rehabilitated they would not be used in the way they are, they would not be given over for handling by tourists and they certainly would not be drugged.

This is abuse of animals cloaked in Saffron.

I have visited that temple many times, but as I don't have children, I have never had the need to ask about childrens safety at such a place. Thankyou so much for your information Guesthouse.

Now I will never visit it again. They are getting more and more greedy there too. They used to have admission by donation of whatever you thought was a good amount. Then they specified one USD. Then it went up to 150Baht, and now I believe it has gone up again.

I would fully support a place if it were doing the animals any good, and if the reasons for having such a place were honorable. But it seems that this temple has just gone for the money. Very stupid.

The abbot there told me that the first one was given to them as a cub years ago. The local Karen villagers had shot a tiger (not sure if it was for meat or for safety reasons) and they then realised that it had a cub. They took it to the temple and asked for some rice in return. Then the idea caught on and it kept on getting bigger.

Supposedly the money 'donated' is used for food, but all I have seen is what looks like dog food given to them.

I find it hard to believe that there is such an abundance of tigers in Thailand that these same Karen people keep on coming across them and donating them to the temple. Word has it that they are being bought by the temple for the specific purpose of using them to entertain tourists.

Disgusting. Bloody disgusting

:D

Take it easy !!!!!!!!!!!!! Please..... :D

large.jpg

At least they come out a little bit and people Kan enjoy them… Unseen in Thailand… that is what I say. :D

Chill out a bit...

large.jpg

Now what about these then ???

large.jpg

Are they not abused ? :o

large.jpg

What about all the other wildlife all caged up and no where to run………Kan you help them ??? :D

I do my bit, I have wild cats that I feed, each and every day, outside of my house, they only come to eat and keep the outside of my house FREE of rodents. :D

BTW Bizz, should you wish to see them, wecolme, I will take you to them.

Only 1 rule:- DO NOT WEAR RED coloured clothes as they will not let you in to the Temple. :D

Yours as always, :D

Kan Win.. :D

P.S. Bizz. Nice post. :D

I've been to this temple and I have personaly asked about the safety of my children if they come to visit with me (They were not with me at the time).

It was explained to me that I need not worry the tigers were sedated, pretending not to understand I was then shown the drug and the means by which it is administered - in the Tiger's feed bottles and on their food.

These animals are being drugged for to quieten them so that tourists can hanled them, pet them and have their photo taken holding a cub.

It is simply disgusting and I shall not be taking my children to see this spectical.

The whole thing is a business, people are fooled by the fact that 'Monks' are running the place and are told that these animals are being rehabilitated for release into the wild.

Total <deleted> - if they are being rehabilitated they would not be used in the way they are, they would not be given over for handling by tourists and they certainly would not be drugged.

This is abuse of animals cloaked in Saffron.

Thank you for reply Guesthouse. This is not the type of program that would be shown on Animal planet and i do not think that they would have been awair of what you said and there was no mention of this at any time.

DRUGGED you say. Im Shocked

but all I have seen is what looks like dog food given to them. 

Mmmmhhh that leg looks nice and tasty :D

large.jpg

Or better Donna, perrrr - happsss, Don -ate some CAT FOOD (much better than chicken :D me think :D ) :D

:D:D:o

Ok. Maybe I flew off the handle a little. I apologise for that outburst if it offended anyone. But I don't agree with animals being mistreated for the entertainment of people. (And, no. I've never been to the circus).

Elephants. Yep. I've seen some beauties. Knives used to cut them on the head. The spike things used to beat them really hard when not necessary. But if you are ever riding these animals and the mahout gets out a knife or mistreats it, you can tell them to stop and they will.

Monkeys. Belong in the wild. Not on a leash.

All those guys in Phuket and other places with lizards and gibbons with them who charge for a photo should be fined and have their animals removed from their custody.

And Kan Win. Good for you for doing your bit. If we all did a little bit, the world would be a much nicer place.

Elephants.  Yep.  I've seen some beauties. 

Monkeys.  Belong in the wild.  Not on a leash. 

And Kan Win.  Good for you for doing your bit.  If we all did a little bit, the world would be a much nicer place. Donna. Thank you  :D

Donna. Just for you from Kan Win "Not on a leash" :D

Monkeys.  Belong in the wild.  Not on a leash.

large.jpg

These are WILD in Kan as in Lopburi and Petchaburi :D

My Webpage :o

Yours as always,

Kan Win (win13)

• 2 weeks later...

I am told from a friend that visited with children that her child was only allowed to see one of the smaller tigers as the bigger tigers were looking at her.Eyeing her off as she was small.

I am sure if they were drugged they would not have worried and that would not have been the case.

I will know in 1 week as i will be there with my husband and daughter.