Barack Obama Elected President Of USA

george

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to see what this has to do with the Land of Smiles.

Just one example ...

Exporters fret over US election

Some fear Obama could be tougher on Thailand

PHUSADEE ARUNMAS AND PARISTA YUTHAMANOP

Exporters are watching the US presidential election closely as the outcome could have a real impact on Thai exports to the American market.

Their main concerns lie with Democratic candidate Barak Obama.

They believe that a Democratic government could pose more difficulties for Thai exports than a Republican administration.

(BKK Post)

Great news !!!

Edited by sylviex

congrats to president obama. Hope he will make a change.

What a great country american is!!

Indeed, USA (not America) is a great country and with the help of Obama we are going to change that. :D

i cant believe you are such a dumb nation voting for a man( i dont give a toss what colour he is)with no policy but i am going to change things......only in the USA

I can't believe that I just spent 1.2 seconds reading your dumb post! :o

Although I am not arguing the point that Obama will probably be the next US president but just let it be known that he really won't be elected until December the 15th.....

.... and after the electoral college makes its opinion known, he won't become president until Jan 20 (?) next year.

It's hard to see what this has to do with the Land of Smiles. But it's to be hoped that President Obama will use his personal abilities and America's tremendous resources and influence to help Thailand to become at long last something more than a coup-prone kleptocracy.

It has a huge impact on many parts of life, the FTA that many in industry were sweating on may stall or at least slow down, some of the exports may become more difficult.

This is good news. I can feel relieved that Thailand won't be making any pacts with the devil because the American people have sent the devil packing. Just for the record, an African-American cannot, any more than a Thai-American or any other ________-American can become the president. One has to be born in the United States to qualify. I don't think an American-Thai, or African-Thai or anyother national-Thai can be the prime minister here, I may be wrong. I do think though, that the Thai nationals that have a mixed race background, as Thai nationals through and through can be the prime minister. Ones race cannot be determined by ones DNA, but the difference between a rat and a mouse can. Lets work on properly lableling those first, before we label people. A rat and a mouse cannot breed, but any two from the different races can. Congrats Obama, the Thai people were behind you, and I think so is the world.

"I believe banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties

than standing armies!

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue

of their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks &

corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the

people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the

continent their fathers conquered."

- Thomas Jefferson 1802

America's first black president? I thought it would never happen in my lifetime. Well done America and good luck clearing up all the rubbish..

Right on, to your entire comment, including cleaning up the rubbish. We still have a lot of work to do. If it were up to me, I would deal with the rubbish Chinese-style, by lining them up to be shot. Good think Obama is president and not me.

So, for the first time in your life you are proud of America and if you had your way you would shoot a lot of people who you obviously disagree with? Well, now. That tells us a lot about you as a person, doesn't it?

Indeed, USA (not America) is a great country and with the help of Obama we are going to change that. :o

i cant believe you are such a dumb nation voting for a man( i dont give a toss what colour he is)with no policy but i am going to change things......only in the USA

And I can't beleive you are so dumb as to criticize something that you are completely ignorant about.

Just because he is dark skinned doesn't make him 'black', as he is in fact mixed.

The term 'black' doesn't refer to the colour black it represents the idea of 'not-white'. How many people have you met with naturally black skin?

That's something I learned (very early on) at a school you didn't go to.

Sounds like you went to a school in South Africa. In America, "black" refers to negroes.

Right, and you are a troll from Dixieland.

he's got plenty of policies. starting with a foreign one which will be designed to stop america making enemies all over the planet and creating terrorists who fight against everybody.

there's eight years of appalling damage to undo both in the US and abroad and he's committed to putting that right. how can that not be a fantastic thing?

America's first black president? I thought it would never happen in my lifetime. Well done America and good luck clearing up all the rubbish..

Right on, to your entire comment, including cleaning up the rubbish. We still have a lot of work to do. If it were up to me, I would deal with the rubbish Chinese-style, by lining them up to be shot. Good think Obama is president and not me.

So, for the first time in your life you are proud of America and if you had your way you would shoot a lot of people who you obviously disagree with? Well, now. That tells us a lot about you as a person, doesn't it?

No, I wouldn't shoot people that I merely disagree with, I would shoot people that committed large-scale corruption of resources and human lives on a global scale. That would be Bush/Cheney and Karl Rove in my book. Hence, my joke about Chinese-style justice.

However, I will settle for Bush/Cheney/Rove justice, and lock them up in Guantanamo without habeas corpus.

And THAT's RIGHT, for the first time in my life, I am REALLY proud of my country.

I am a Brit, and this is great news for the whole world. we have suffered a Jerk for 8 years and I for one am very happy he is now gone.

Good Luck Obama...... I think you will need it to sort out the mess Bush left behind.

and well done to the US for choosing the right one this time. My thoughts on Americans have just got much better.

this is great news, it really is.

Just because he is dark skinned doesn't make him 'black', as he is in fact mixed.

Next up, calling Luk-Krungs 'white' if they are elected to something here in Thailand? Or are they basing this race-thing on looks only, not blood?

Anyway, congrats to Obama, now show the people how wrong they where. Even a democrat talking about hope and change will when shows come to show act like all the previous office holders did.

I believe historically speaking, one was considered black if one of the grandparents was black. Since two of Obama's grandparents were black, he is considered black. As I said historically speaking this is the case. This is actually for racist reasons. A 25% black bloodline was consider too impure to be white. Now today, you call him "mixed" as if he were a drink or a cake recipe.

Indeed, USA (not America) is a great country and with the help of Obama we are going to change that. :D

you must have just stepped out of an AM radio right wing talk show. NO POLICY? Barack was all about policy, puppets don't have policy, which is why McCain lost. McCain didn't really want to be president anyway, wasn't that obvious? It would have killed him. He was pushed into it, his heart wasn't in it. He didn't believe a word he was told to say. He did nothing but embarass himself, and he knows it. It's the "know nothings" that believe the ridiculous crap on those shows. Anybody that gets news from sources other than the Fox network would know that Obama's plan to deal with the economy was far superiour than McCain's jargon. get with it. If he did in fact pick Sarah Palin as a running mate, that should be proof enough that he didn't want to win the election, what an idiot! :o

The term 'black' doesn't refer to the colour black it represents the idea of 'not-white'. How many people have you met with naturally black skin?

That's something I learned (very early on) at a school you didn't go to.

Sounds like you went to a school in South Africa. In America, "black" refers to negroes.

Right, and you are a troll from Dixieland.

Huh? Have you ever even been to America? Because you certainly aren't American if you think "black" is a blanket term for anyone non-white.

And your line about being proud and wanting to line people up and shoot them is a classic troll line.

I am a Brit, and this is great news for the whole world. we have suffered a Jerk for 8 years and I for one am very happy he is now gone.

Good Luck Obama...... I think you will need it to sort out the mess Bush left behind.

and well done to the US for choosing the right one this time. My thoughts on Americans have just got much better.

this is great news, it really is.

:o

I am so proud of my country today. It has been a long time coming.

you must have just stepped out of an AM radio right wing talk show. NO POLICY? Barack was all about policy, puppets don't have policy, which is why McCain lost. McCain didn't really want to be president anyway, wasn't that obvious? It would have killed him. He was pushed into it, his heart wasn't in it. He didn't believe a word he was told to say. He did nothing but embarass himself, and he knows it. It's the "know nothings" that believe the ridiculous crap on those shows. Anybody that gets news from sources other than the Fox network would know that Obama's plan to deal with the economy was far superiour than McCain's jargon. get with it. If he did in fact pick Sarah Palin as a running mate, that should be proof enough that he didn't want to win the election, what an idiot! :o

Sounds like you just came from reading the Daily Kos yourself.

Next up, calling Luk-Krungs 'white' if they are elected to something here in Thailand? Or are they basing this race-thing on looks only, not blood?

Anyway, congrats to Obama, now show the people how wrong they where. Even a democrat talking about hope and change will when shows come to show act like all the previous office holders did.

I believe historically speaking, one was considered black if one of the grandparents was black. Since two of Obama's grandparents were black, he is considered black. As I said historically speaking this is the case. This is actually for racist reasons. A 25% black bloodline was consider too impure to be white. Now today, you call him "mixed" as if he were a drink or a cake recipe.

It was due to old bloodline tracing, with racial motivation as you said, would call the bloodline 'tainted'. I would have hoped we had outgrown this.

Since my son is mixed I have no problem calling Obama mixed. What would be the problem with that? My son is 50/50, Obama is 50/50. Nothing wrong with that.

While I think it's a very historical important moment we are seeing, far away from the abuse of the 50ies, I just also would have hoped people would vote for people based on policies and not looks, skin-color or fame - in both directions.

As for who I wanted to see elected? See my sig.

i voted for obama to stop the downward spiral the bush administration put us on. reversing direction to head back up is another thing. i think most americans are realistic and they know that obama can't change everything on his own. but this is a great start.

Sounds like you just came from reading the Daily Kos yourself.

Thanks, I never heard of the Daily Kos, I'll check it out. :D