Barack Obama Elected President Of USA

george

there are some people out there that think a lot of our economic problems can be traced back to the Clinton administration...

I blame Gaius Julius Caesar

LOL .. yes let us all blame Clinton! After all under Clinton the US was paying down the national debt and had a strong economy and under Bush the US has the highest deficit spending and debt ever!

(in other words some people are idiots!)

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be honest. This is biggest democratic party presidential win since LBJ in 1964. It was a very big and wide win.

That is certainly true. This is the 1st time in my lifetime (44 yrs) that a Dem has decisively won a straight up election against the Republican. No help from the Watergate scandal (Carter only got 50.1% of the vote) or 3rd party candidates like Clinton did (he didn;t get close to 50%). During that same time, Republicans have won many a blowout. So for winning on even footing, head-to-head, I give Obama a lot of credit.

America electing a black man wasn't such a big deal.

After all, they put somebody with a profound learning disability in power twice.

Excuse me,,,,,, he was a black man when he was running for the office of president.

Now that he has attained the Presidency [ elect] ..... hes just dark white.

:o

All the best to him and his family...... I have a lot of belief in this man, I hope he does restore some of the greatness to the Reputation of the US, so we Americans living abroad can once again call ourselves proud to be an American

Stay healthy and start working for a 2nd term,,,, just not too soon.

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Be honest. This is biggest democratic party presidential win since LBJ in 1964. It was a very big and wide win.

That is certainly true. This is the 1st time in my lifetime (44 yrs) that a Dem has decisively won a straight up election against the Republican. No help from the Watergate scandal (Carter only got 50.1% of the vote) or 3rd party candidates like Clinton did (he didn;t get close to 50%). During that same time, Republicans have won many a blowout. So for winning on even footing, head-to-head, I give Obama a lot of credit.

LOL ---W LOST the popular vote

This is only one of the many discussion. Just google "obama born in kenya" for more.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Message.aspx/3074

According to Obama's Kenyan (paternal) grandmother, as well as his half-brother and half-sister, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya, not in Hawaii as the Democratic candidate for president claims. His grandmother bragged that her grandson is about to be President of the United States and is so proud because she was present DURING HIS BIRTH IN KENYA, in the delivery room.

Whatever. It is of no concern or consequence. A president can also be born outside the US of a US citizen and be eligible. The democratic party would never have nominated him if they any doubt he is eligible. Obama is president.

I am well aware of the laws governing citizenship. And I am sure not even the Democratic party is stupid enough to miss that one... ??

But it would be nice to see a pack of lies and deceit surround him. So everyone can learn this guy is not the second coming of Jesus (or the third... the dems think #2 belongs to Bill)

For the first time in a long time, I am proud of my country.

During his speech tonight, most in the crowd were crying tears of joy (the media cannot recall this ever happening at a presidency election before). This is a momentous, significant event in our history. I hope he lives up to at least 2% of expectations because many cast their votes of hope and their dreams with the largest voter turnout in US history. I stood in line for hours and no one minded the rain to do so. I think he'll govern with an even hand representing those with no voice for a long, long time.

He is (by the way) one of the most intelligent presidents we'll have had in a long, long, long time. It will be nice to see him at his best. I'm considering going to his inauguration since it's nearby just to see history close up.

You ought to listen to his speech tonight; I think he'll be a long awaited leader (we'll see, but I hope so)!

Edited by HYENA

Just because he is dark skinned doesn't make him 'black', as he is in fact mixed.

Next up, calling Luk-Krungs 'white' if they are elected to something here in Thailand? Or are they basing this race-thing on looks only, not blood?

Anyway, congrats to Obama, now show the people how wrong they where. Even a democrat talking about hope and change will when shows come to show act like all the previous office holders did.

I believe historically speaking, one was considered black if one of the grandparents was black. Since two of Obama's grandparents were black, he is considered black. As I said historically speaking this is the case. This is actually for racist reasons. A 25% black bloodline was consider too impure to be white. Now today, you call him "mixed" as if he were a drink or a cake recipe.

It was due to old bloodline tracing, with racial motivation as you said, would call the bloodline 'tainted'. I would have hoped we had outgrown this.

Since my son is mixed I have no problem calling Obama mixed. What would be the problem with that? My son is 50/50, Obama is 50/50. Nothing wrong with that.

While I think it's a very historical important moment we are seeing, far away from the abuse of the 50ies, I just also would have hoped people would vote for people based on policies and not looks, skin-color or fame - in both directions.

As for who I wanted to see elected? See my sig.

libertarian <deleted>...and we know what social darwinism is about as well... :o

Can someone tell me why is this topic relevant to Thai Visa....its got nothing to do with Thailand......moderators?

I tried to ask this about 5 hours ago.

If this was Moldovia or The Congo this would have been wiped off after 2 posts.

And Puleeeze don't continue with this "...this is the greatest result and benefit the world will ever see" vitriol, as it only highlights the US arrogance shown throughout this thread already.

:o:D:D ...love it....

there are some people out there that think a lot of our economic problems can be traced back to the Clinton administration...

LOL .. yes let us all blame Clinton! After all under Clinton the US was paying down the national debt and had a strong economy and under Bush the US has the highest deficit spending and debt ever!

I am so sorry... I violated the sanctuary... You really need to open your eyes... But I understand that is a tall order for people that are blindly to the left. I have a friend that is convinced he is an independent moderate and he is really more blue than the bluest sky. So I am used to it.

This is only one of the many discussion. Just google "obama born in kenya" for more.

According to Obama's Kenyan (paternal) grandmother, as well as his half-brother and half-sister, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya, not in Hawaii as the Democratic candidate for president claims. His grandmother bragged that her grandson is about to be President of the United States and is so proud because she was present DURING HIS BIRTH IN KENYA, in the delivery room.

Whatever. It is of no concern or consequence. A president can also be born outside the US of a US citizen and be eligible. The democratic party would never have nominated him if they any doubt he is eligible. Obama is president.

I am well aware of the laws governing citizenship. And I am sure not even the Democratic party is stupid enough to miss that one... ??

But it would be nice to see a pack of lies and deceit surround him. So everyone can learn this guy is not the second coming of Jesus (or the third... the dems think #2 belongs to Bill)

LOL

so basically you are upset that a black man got elected and you want to see problems before he even gets a cjance to do anything?

SAD!

kinda of strange of regulations you have there. On one hand we have Obama who was born in Kenya, an African father and (left wing activist) American mother and be eligible for presidency and on another there is Arnold Schwarzenegger who was born in Austria from both non-American citizens and yet be elected as Governor of California. How do you square that?

He is (by the way) one of the most intelligent presidents we'll have had in a long, long, long time.

I think Clinton was also very, very smart, but he had too many of his smarts in his nether parts so being a US president in the land of sexual hypocrisy, was thwarted from living up to his potential. Its great to have the smarts, but that isn't the whole story. If it was, we could just appoint people from the Mensa society at random.

UP, UP, UP and away go our taxes! :D

So you are in the top percentile then?

And how do you imagine the loans for Bush's two wars was going to eventually be repaid? Or the 700 billion Bush is giving to the banks? Little bit of actual contemplation in life can be beneficial, as opposed to gaining ones insight from FOX News. :o

I am so sorry... I violated the sanctuary... You really need to open your eyes... But I understand that is a tall order for people that are blindly to the left. I have a friend that is convinced he is an independent moderate and he is really more blue than the bluest sky. So I am used to it.

HUH? What did I say that was not factual?

Clinton ... paying down the national debt

Bush ... worst deficit spending ever

Look back at the beginning of Reagan BushI too .... rode in on good times and out when they screwed it all up :o

kinda of strange of regulations you have there. On one hand we have Obama who was born in Kenya, an African father and (left wing activist) American mother and be eligible for presidency and on another there is Arnold Schwarzenegger who was born in Austria from both non-American citizens and yet be elected as Governor of California. How do you square that?

One has nothing to do with the other. Governor isn't a federal position.

But I would support a position where anyone having citizenship could be president of course. That would be a real testament to being a country built by and for immigrants.

Nothing to Square ---- you do not have to be born a US cit. to be governor of Cali ... you MUST be born a US cit to be Prez.

BTW ... why doesn't CNN the BBC or even the ultra-right wing FOX say that Obama was born in Kenya? They all say Hawaii.

:o

This is good news. I can feel relieved that Thailand won't be making any pacts with the devil because the American people have sent the devil packing. Just for the record, an African-American cannot, any more than a Thai-American or any other ________-American can become the president. One has to be born in the United States to qualify. I don't think an American-Thai, or African-Thai or anyother national-Thai can be the prime minister here, I may be wrong. I do think though, that the Thai nationals that have a mixed race background, as Thai nationals through and through can be the prime minister. Ones race cannot be determined by ones DNA, but the difference between a rat and a mouse can. Lets work on properly lableling those first, before we label people. A rat and a mouse cannot breed, but any two from the different races can. Congrats Obama, the Thai people were behind you, and I think so is the world.

"I believe banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties

than standing armies!

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue

of their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks &

corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the

people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the

continent their fathers conquered."

- Thomas Jefferson 1802

Tough luck for Tom, that horse bolted a long time ago.

LOL

so basically you are upset that a black man got elected and you want to see problems before he even gets a cjance to do anything?

SAD!

No... but it would be someone like you that would invent that stretch... I don't care what color he is... Unlike a lot of people I don't judge by race.

For someone who claims he admires the US (except for the food), you sure are pretty critical.

It is only the president who must be a natural born citizen. Not senator, governor, or member of the school board. This is our Constitution, and no one has seen fit to amend that. Arnold is within his rights under our Constitution to run for any office except president. And Obama is a natural born citizen. Let's give you conspiracy theorists the benefit of the arguement and say he was born in Kenya. His mother is a US citizen, so he is, by our law, a US citizen.

That is how I square that.

LOL ---W LOST the popular vote

ROTFLMAO --- W WON the Electoral Vote AND the election. GORE didn't get 50% or even win his own state where his family is a political dynasty. Heck, even Mondale won his home state in 1984 against Reagan (and DC but nothing more).

No... but it would be someone like you that would invent that stretch... I don't care what color he is... Unlike a lot of people I don't judge by race.

oh?

So why is it that you want him to have problems before he has even been sworn into office? Why would you wish problems instead of solutions for the US?

UP, UP, UP and away go our taxes! :D

So you are in the top percentile then?

And how do you imagine the loans for Bush's two wars was going to eventually be repaid? Or the 700 billion Bush is giving to the banks? Little bit of actual contemplation in life can be beneficial, as opposed to gaining ones insight from FOX News. :o

A note: while I agree that the bailout of 700 billion was insane, it was supported by more Democrats (including Obama) than Republicans.

pikey is an old British "affectionate" term for someone who shops in the cheap & eat budget food, and in your case cheap posting. can you see the smiley at the end of my post :o ? that means said in a jest, or is it because you cannot afford a new pair of specs? btw, are you able to make a standalone post or just piggy-back others'? go back to PAD picket lines, your mates are waiting for you

Yes... I am quickly tiring of the blue blindness this has turned in to... Rah Rah... Barry won... Barry won.... Ok I feel better now... The Obama dynasty is about to begin... Signing out of this. With regards to politics, extremists cannot be reasoned with, Democrat or Republican.