Barack Obama Elected President Of USA

george

I think one of the important points to consider is....

At the moment Obama has not done one thing as a president for the betterment of the US. BUT changes have already occured... "We the people" ellected a better man, we ellected a non-white of Afircan decent... We did that! After growing up in the South, I consider that a miracle!

Not only should Obama be praised, but so should the people of the US... so pat your self on the back. I am setting off fire workst, and saying a prayer of gratitude tonight.

(Granted it took 8 years of being supressed by a <deleted> idiot to get us to this point, but we did it!)

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me why is this topic relevant to Thai Visa....its got nothing to do with Thailand......moderators?

I tried to ask this about 5 hours ago.

If this was Moldovia or The Congo this would have been wiped off after 2 posts.

And Puleeeze don't continue with this "...this is the greatest result and benefit the world will ever see" vitriol, as it only highlights the US arrogance shown throughout this thread already.

hmmmm

Obama was on the front page of most THAI language newspapers today (and will be again tmw!)

And Phil Mickleson was on the inside back cover of the BKK Post, but that's also got naff all to do with Thailand.

Your point is?

Regardless of anti or pro-American rhetoric the fact remains that this election and its results will have a result on Thailand and pretty much everywhere else that is involved in the global economy.

Also, might I suggest posters check the originating poster of this thread first. As they say, "nuff said" :o

Just because he is dark skinned doesn't make him 'black', as he is in fact mixed.

Next up, calling Luk-Krungs 'white' if they are elected to something here in Thailand? Or are they basing this race-thing on looks only, not blood?

Anyway, congrats to Obama, now show the people how wrong they where. Even a democrat talking about hope and change will when shows come to show act like all the previous office holders did.

Suddenly, he isn't black any more.

hehe..good one

He is black when, and as long as, it is beneficial to him.

And he is not black enough to win an election in Africa. Lets hope the PC crowd and the Left wing move on to the racist facist murderous regimes in that continent now.

Don't need to come to Thailand as all our politicians are above that kind of thing!

Last word on this for me. Thailand related! The sun is just heading towards the sea outside my window. That beautiful end of day dip in temerature is hitting me now and am going to the market with the missus.

Whatever happens in the world is not as important or big as the fantastic life we have over here.

Good luck to the lad, most of us will never have to go there again.

It wasn't a landslide, it was a decisive electorial mandate. But in terms of actual votes it is not a large victory.

Large victories would for example be Ronald Reagans re-election 1984, 58% vs 40%, or the re-election of Ike in 1956, 57% vs 42%.

Obama 349 electoral votes

McCain 161 electoral votes

Obama had twice the electoral votes as McCain - Slam Dunk of an election

Again, not a landslide nor 'Slam Dunk' [sic]. I will presume you have some knowledge past elections. You might wanna look up for example 1984, Where every state but one voted for Ronald Reagan. That was a landslide.

Right terms at right times.

In terms of EC votes it certainly is a slam-dunk ...

In terms of popular vote? Well, sadly popular vote means little in the USA due to the Electoral College system. If it did W wouldn't have ever been in office as he would have failed the first time.

No, it's not a slam dunk in terms of EC votes. 525 vs 13 electorial votes, now that is a slam dunk. (See the presidential election 1984.)

Again, let's keep the terms relevant.

Hallelujah!

Americans can now walk strong and proud again at home and abroad and maybe we won't always have to carry a big gun. We're doing a makeover, please be patient. When Martin Luther King had a dream he was dreaming of President Barack Hussein Obama. Yes, he will stumble in the future like any man, but let us savor this historic moment of hope and old fashioned corny American optimism. You are fooling yourself if you think this is just another election. This is the election of a generation or maybe two or three. Our esteemed General Colin Powell, a republican, put it best: his will be a TRANSFORMATIVE presidency.

Are you aware Obama opposes gay marriage?

:o you really want to stir up this mess, huh? bored or what?

While he was in office he has had the 'benefit' of an equally crappy Legislative branch (controlled by the Democrats in case you didn't know).
Not true. Only the last 2 years of the 8 year Bush term.

And what a great 2 years it has been too!

and the dem's didn't control the senate .... they had the help of 2 Independents on most cases though

I take little to no interest in this.

But what I do enjoy is the thought of tens/hundreds of thousands of ignorants seething because they think that their new president is an Arabic Muslim Terrorist.

Well done Obama.

You mean "Obama" as in Barak Hussein Obama? Personally, I can't believe someone with that name was elected to the US presidency, just a few years after focusing all the anger and might of the USA's military on a murderous tyrant of nearly exactly the same name in Iraq. So much for being tainted by name-association. Or, maybe McCain's middle name was "Hitler" and we just elected the lesser of the evils? :o

Electing a black man with a Muslim name shows how America has grown up. You should follow suit.

Geez, lighten-up Hobgoblin. Have you ever heard of tongue-in-cheek or emoticons? What a dull life you must have.

While he was in office he has had the 'benefit' of an equally crappy Legislative branch (controlled by the Democrats in case you didn't know).
Not true. Only the last 2 years of the 8 year Bush term.

And what a great 2 years it has been too!

LOL As they say... 'nuff said on that one. Doesn't take too much time for politicians to screw up everything. But hey JT if you want to go that far... there are some people out there that think a lot of our economic problems can be traced back to the Clinton administration...

No, it's not a slam dunk in terms of EC votes. 525 vs 13 electorial votes, now that is a slam dunk. (See the presidential election 1984.)

no 2:1 IS a slam dunk

a landslide even ....

a blowout even ....

if it were basketball and one team won 140:70 it would be described as a slam-dunk and you know it.

Although I am not arguing the point that Obama will probably be the next US president but just let it be known that he really won't be elected until December the 15th.....

this time the GOP has no chance to cheat!

Amen to that! They couldn't buy a vote on this election.

It is apparent that the U.S. & the rest of the world is & was looking for a change from the business as usual. Time for the good old boys to take a hike & pay their share of taxes that they have enjoyed dodging for years.

Hopefully this change will be progress from stagnation & get the U.S. on track again & in sync with the rest of the world.

And who knows it will most likely even have a positive affect on all of us living in LOS. It was worth the cost for getting UPS to ship there & fed x back!

I heard that 10% of americans think Obama is a Arab lol I hope that is not really true lol. I almost pissed my pants when I heard that

With a name like Barak Hussein Obama and who went to school as a kid in the world's largest muslim country I'm surprised it isn't over 50%.

I wonder what %age of the Middle East think he is or was muslim?

I went two years at an international school in Jakarta, that is making me a muslim?!?

No. But obviously it didn't do much for your reading comprehension. :o

His black father and brown step-father are both Muslim (from Kenya and Indonesia). His white mother is Christian (from Kansas).

I would imagine that there will be far less anti-American sentiment on TV now.

You gotta be kidding; it started long before Bush. The Europeans, especially, have been America-bashing ever since the Yanks liberated them from Hitler's grasp. Go figure.

I would imagine that there will be far less anti-American sentiment on TV now.

You gotta be kidding; it started long before Bush. The Europeans, especially, have been America-bashing ever since the Yanks liberated them from Hitler's grasp. Go figure.

It probably started when we sent over food aid with American pasta to the Italians and wonder white bread to the French.

no 2:1 IS a slam dunk

a landslide even ....

a blowout even ....

if it were basketball and one team won 140:70 it would be described as a slam-dunk and you know it.

Popular vote only has a 5% swing... Hardly a slam dunk, sweeping mandate, license to steal...

Oh wait the popular vote doesnt matter now because the left won the EC. Granted they won the popular but no way you can claim this a slam dunk. It is enough to listen to Barry talk about it.

I heard that 10% of americans think Obama is a Arab lol I hope that is not really true lol. I almost pissed my pants when I heard that

With a name like Barak Hussein Obama and who went to school as a kid in the world's largest muslim country I'm surprised it isn't over 50%.

I went two years at an international school in Jakarta, that is making me a muslim?!?

His black father and brown step-father are both Muslim (from Kenya and Indonesia). His white mother is Christian (from Kansas).

Not to mention the rumor that he was actually born in Kenya and snuck into the US for a birth certificate. I would love to see that one proven as true.

America electing a black man wasn't such a big deal.

After all, they put somebody with a profound learning disability in twice.

That's not true. You can't have a learning disability if you don't even try to learn.

Not to mention the rumor that he was actually born in Kenya and snuck into the US for a birth certificate. I would love to see that one proven as true.

A Hawaii certificate is widely available on the net. BTW, this is not relevant. It is up to the nominating party to vet the candidates. This cannot ever be challenged ever again even if the lies were true that he isn't eligible. Let it go. He's president. For probably 8 years I would bet.

Edited by Jingthing

This is only one of the many discussion. Just google "obama born in kenya" for more.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Message.aspx/3074

According to Obama's Kenyan (paternal) grandmother, as well as his half-brother and half-sister, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya, not in Hawaii as the Democratic candidate for president claims. His grandmother bragged that her grandson is about to be President of the United States and is so proud because she was present DURING HIS BIRTH IN KENYA, in the delivery room.

Time for the good old boys to take a hike & pay their share of taxes that they have enjoyed dodging for years.

Follow this link, study the stats, then tell me who isn't paying their share of taxes:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/06instateshares.xls

Hint: The Top 1% of Individual Taxpayers pay 39.43% of ALL taxes (on 21% of all gross income). The bottom 50% pay under 4% (on 12% of all gross income).

How does this compare to Thailand?

Edited by koheesti

And hot-dogs to Germany?

Bingo! :o

Way off topic, but I am flying to Chicago Friday morning (I wouldn't have minded being there last night to hear Obama's acceptance speech) and after a few steaks and Fogo de Chao, I will be scarfing down a bunch of Chi-Town Hot-dogs! Love them!!!

This is only one of the many discussion. Just google "obama born in kenya" for more.

According to Obama's Kenyan (paternal) grandmother, as well as his half-brother and half-sister, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya, not in Hawaii as the Democratic candidate for president claims. His grandmother bragged that her grandson is about to be President of the United States and is so proud because she was present DURING HIS BIRTH IN KENYA, in the delivery room.

Whatever. It is of no concern or consequence. A president can also be born outside the US of a US citizen and be eligible. The democratic party would never have nominated him if they any doubt he is eligible. Obama is president.

If his mother was a US citizen, then Obama was a natural born citizen.  It doesn't matter where he was born.

A Hawaii certificate is widely available on the net. BTW, this is not relevant. It is up to the nominating party to vet the candidates. This cannot ever be challenged ever again even if the lies were true that he isn't eligible. Let it go. He's president. For probably 8 years I would bet.

Whatever would prove Barry ineligible under the Constitution would be challenged by everyone that supports the true law of the US.

I really don't care so much he is going to be President other than the Legislative and Executive branches will be run by a single party. McCain was not a good choice either. Thank you US politics.

Personally, I might even enjoy the next 4 years. Might be interesting to see that this guys past is even more fun than Billy C. Or that the things he will do makes anyone to the right of 'extreme left' cringe.

The only really good thing out of all of this is if Barry ceases to be our President for any reason, it won't be Mrs. Billy behind him.

Just because he is dark skinned doesn't make him 'black', as he is in fact mixed.

The term 'black' doesn't refer to the colour black it represents the idea of 'not-white'. How many people have you met with naturally black skin?

That's something I learned (very early on) at a school you didn't go to.

America's first black president? I thought it would never happen in my lifetime. Well done America and good luck clearing up all the rubbish..

Right on, to your entire comment, including cleaning up the rubbish. We still have a lot of work to do. If it were up to me, I would deal with the rubbish Chinese-style, by lining them up to be shot. Good think Obama is president and not me.

cool wid dat, miz Kat but choose yer words carefully...