View Talay Condos

Wanderer

I see View Talay have at least 2 more condo projects on the way. Where did they find the architect for such "cutting edge" looking condos dotting the Pattaya landscape, a big ugly white rectangle , pure genius, they have to be the most ugly looking buildings around. They remind me of council schemes back in Europe during the 60's/ 70's. Obviously they are bribing someone big time at city hall to have such monstrosities being built, talk about unregulated development, just what beach rd needs. :o

No need to bribe anyone - Thai planning laws take no notice of asthetics - just so long as its certain distance from public roads and set so far back from beach, pretty much anything goes. Its the dumb farang that buys them that makes them build more.

i see you still think like a farang wanderer.

Try to think as a thai and you'll see marvelous new buildings shiny and new.....

i've just asked my thai wife and she agrees with me (unusual) do u know the buildings i'm talking about :o

yes i lived in view talay two for 8 months.

In comparison to other paint stripped wonders of a building , their not that bad.

Have a look at the big complex half way down jontiem beach, the supermall gone dead. walk a litlle to the back you'll see what i mean.. :D

Try to think as a thai and you'll see marvelous new buildings shiny and new.....

i've just asked my thai wife and she agrees with me (unusual) do u know the buildings i'm talking about :o

In comparison to other paint stripped wonders of a building , their not that bad.

Have a look at the big complex half way down jontiem beach, the supermall gone dead. walk a litlle to the back you'll see what i mean.. :D

sorry for newbie. I intended to talk but have to learn how to reply the topic. I am interested to live in view talay condo. YOur topic is very interesting as I am planing to buy one Condo near the beach. Do you think it's a good place to live there ? One said it's ok , other said it's not. Please give me ideas.

thanks

Saothai

Wanderer,

I assume you are referring to this new little gem of development right on Beach Road?

87DSC01251.JPG

Kind of like letting the trailer trash move a double wide across the steet from Independence Hall, IMO.

And unfortunately, the public will gobble-up their little abortion of concrete and steel and scream for more! :o:D

TIT. Any development is good, regardless if the public works are in place to support it or not.

In a few hundred years the jungle will reclaim it and little will ever be found of it I hope!

~WISteve

sorry for newbie. I intended to talk but have to learn how to reply the topic. I am interested to live in view talay condo. YOur topic is very interesting as I am planing to buy one Condo near the beach. Do you think it's a good place to live there ? One said it's ok , other said it's not. Please give me ideas.

thanks

Saothai

It depends which one you want, there's 2 on thayprasit rd which are begining to look at bit tired, you then have project 2, couple of years old (which was built conveniantly in front of the first 2 to block out their sea view).

I think they is still quiet a view units avaiable especially in building b. There is 2 more being built in Jomtien on the other side of the rd of the other 4 beauties, and 1 more ( in the prvious picture) on beach rd, i think they are in the process of bribing someone as it has a 'hah sip hah' 50/50 chance of being approved, which will probally sell out prettyquick

All in all thats a ###### of alot of condo's, especially in Jomtien ( should really improve the ariel view postcards of Jomtien). I don't know how it will all pan out, it seems the '97 crash never happened as developers are falling over each other build condo's and house's around pattaya

Each to their own but I would personally rather live in a house across the sukimvit rd. for the same price. :o

thanks

Saothai

It depends which one you want, there's 2 on thayprasit rd which are begining to look at bit tired, you then have project 2, couple of years old (which was built conveniantly in front of the first 2 to block out their sea view).

I think they is still quiet a view units avaiable especially in building b. There is 2 more being built in Jomtien on the other side of the rd of the other 4 beauties, and 1 more ( in the prvious picture) on beach rd, i think they are in the process of bribing someone as it has a 'hah sip hah' 50/50 chance of being approved, which will probally sell out prettyquick

All in all thats a ###### of alot of condo's, especially in Jomtien ( should really improve the ariel view postcards of Jomtien). I don't know how it will all pan out, it seems the '97 crash never happened as developers are falling over each other build condo's and house's around pattaya

Each to their own but I would personally rather live in a house across the sukimvit rd. for the same price. :o

Quite interesting Khun Wanderer. Actually I have never seen this building before, as we seldom searching around. Since a couple months ago, I made a decision to have my own Condo and hopefully that is not so far from Bkk, so that my sister could taking care during my absent in Europe. I have read on this forum and found out that so many ppl living in that Condo. And many ppl selling that Condo, humm....all I need is easy to get there and safe and good guard system. But as they let the Condo for hiring, it means many ppl coming in and out....

Shall come over and have a look with my own eyes , early next year. Just a name made me want to have...hehehehe....cute name...View talay. ;-)

Saothai ( real thai ) 555555

Yes, I know the one, looks like it been put in quarentine or something , there is also a 25+ storey "high market" cream coloured condo block mid Jomtien which seems to be deserted, It,s actually a nice looking build which if put on the market would probally sell pretty fast, Anybody know the history or the future of this building :D

I agree with Wanderer, it does look a prospective opportunity to buy at this site. I actually spoke to the sales office and they tell me they are in the process of getting new financial investment early in the New Year so that the Condos can continue. The sales lady wasn't really helpful. I was told to come back and look again in January.

Edited by mynot

:o

Mmmm ... View Talay ... not if you can afford something decent.

16 pairs of plastic flip flops in front of every door !

You would not want to live in a place like that in your own

country so why would you stoop so low when you

come to Thailand.

Mmmm ... View Talay ... not if you can afford something decent.

16 pairs of plastic flip flops in front of every door !

You would not want to live in a place like that in your own

country so why would you stoop so low when you

come to Thailand.

The prices in View Talay are getting unreal. I saw one place going for about 5,600,000 baht and it was a about 100 sq M. Frightening, but it looks like it the old story of farangs trying to up the price all the time. But as they say the market determines what people will pay for something and people seem to be paying it. Personally I think the security in View Talay Condos suck - I have never been stopped and asked where I am going or who I am going to see, which is commonplace in better condo's around town. Also the location is away from the beach but the prices are getting to the level of absolute beachfront. The thing in its favour though is the very low service fee's - they are very small.

I was one of the first dozen people to move into View Talay 1 in 1997. In the beginning it looked promising, but as all kinds of people moved in, and rooms where being rented out to whoever for short amounts of time, things all went downhill. On top of that, everyone wanted to refurbish there rooms, so there was noise everyday from 8 am to 5 pm....

I was one of the first dozen people to move into View Talay 1 in 1997. In the beginning it looked promising, but as all kinds of people moved in, and rooms where being rented out to whoever for short amounts of time, things all went downhill. On top of that, everyone wanted to refurbish there rooms, so there was noise everyday from 8 am to 5 pm....

Very informative from you. I am looking for a Condo at View Talay, I havent seen where is the Condo, only have heard a lot about it. Well, should I change my mind if there are lots of noise and allowed everybody walking in and out as a short term tourists there. Any idea for me for other nice and quiet but near the beach and not so isolate as I have to use public bus or taxi during staying there. Have heard that the price is quite a ceiling there.

Saothai, might want to check out View Talay Residence.

7 Floor Condo Blocks, done extremely well, Number one is finished since this summer, Number two under construction, and there are plans to start Numbers 3 and 4 next Year.

Prices for a 48 sq.m 1 room Condo at about 2 Million Baht.

Larger Units (1 BR, 2 BR, Penthouse) available too.

Sunny

WHoaaaaa hahahahahahaha . hahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahaha... :o

Rotfl...

$$$$$$$$$

Planning on making 1.5 mil Bath Sunny ????

A condo bare of 47 square meters cost you 500.000 bath. Completely furnished with a nice kitchen no more then 800.000.

Did you put in Gold plated walls ????

Darkknight, believe it or not .... some Condos are priced higher than others.

Depends on location, quality of building, quality of communal areas, did I mention location?

Prices have risen substancially for some condos in the last 2 Years.....

Anyway, I would be in the market for a decent Condo in Jomtien for 500000 shell, anything you have on offer?

Sunny

Saothai, might want to check out View Talay Residence.

7 Floor Condo Blocks, done extremely well, Number one is finished since this summer, Number two under construction, and there are plans to start Numbers 3 and 4 next Year.

Larger Units (1 BR, 2 BR, Penthouse) available too.

Sunny

Thanks Sunny Valentine, sounds good but the price is still high for me. 5 milli for 48 sqm. Wow... I'm looking for one under 1 Million but little bigger than 32 sqm. Well, just for our holiday for at least 3 months a year. Cant afford higher price. My small budget can be up to 1, 2 milli.Well, shall come over and looking with my own eyes in February. With 500.000.- a good price but ...is there any around Jomtian or Wongam-mart ?

WHoaaaaa hahahahahahaha . hahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahaha... :o

Rotfl...

$$$$$$$$$

A condo bare of 47 square meters cost you 500.000 bath. Completely furnished with a nice kitchen no more then 800.000.

Darknight View Talay RESIDENCE is abt the price quoted.I think the half mil your talking abt is View Talay 1.I HATE SNOTTY REPLIES WHEN THEY'VE NOT CHECKED ANYTHING.FOOL.

Saothai:

500,000 that you mentioned will get a condo in a place named Majestic Contodel. I believe that you can get one there for about 420,000, with a 6' bed, refrigerator, a/c, hot water, etc. This is the price that my friend sold his two units 6 months ago. They are only 33 meters..... like hotel rooms. I believe that the 33 meters includes the balcony, but I am not sure. Majestic is located on the corner of Soi Wat Boonkanjana and Soi 7 Threprasit. To get there from Pattaya, you can either go to Jomtien Beach Road about 1 mile along the beach, and then turn left onto Wat Boonkanjana Road, up about 800 meters.

"""""""My small budget can be up to 1, 2 milli." If you can stretch the 1.2 million up to 1.69 million, take a look at the new Eakmongkol Development on Soi 17, near Suksabai Villa. There are 2 bedroom, places there for 1.69 million. 10K deposit, 100,000 down payment in 10 days, 32K/month for 10 months, a final monthly payment of 70K for a total of 500K. Finance the balance of 1.19 million. Land size is 36 tw, house size is about 70 meters. It is not next to the beach, but it is 5 minutes from Lotus or Big C.

WHoaaaaa hahahahahahaha . hahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahaha... :D

Rotfl...

$$$$$$$$$

Darknight View Talay RESIDENCE is abt the price quoted.I think the half mil your talking abt is View Talay 1.I HATE SNOTTY REPLIES WHEN THEY'VE NOT CHECKED ANYTHING.FOOL.

Lived there for 7 months expatgz, :D

I know all how you get suckered in to believing it is that expensive :o never saw so many shady bum "real estate" agents in my life.

I'll buy one from the chinese owner for 500.000 and fix it up myself , that way i don't have to pay your overpriced yearly salary for doing nothing for the rest of the year. It would maximum cost 800.000 for 47 m² :D

Sorry to wreck your scam guy's , rip off some other people

Darkknight, get me a decent +/-47 sq.m Condo on a higher floor than say 4 or 5, in a nice new building near the beach and near the Baht Bus route, for 800000 including furniture, fittings and European kitchen, and I gladly pay you more commission than the Agents here get. Or else shut up.

Sunny

Is there anything in the 1.5 - 2m range someone can suggest that I can wake up with an ocean view etc. Nothing too large, 1br is plenty, and I don't want furniture.

Sort of like what you see on TV. Or am I dreaming ?

Personally I would rather the cynical advice of TV members than the Gloating praise of a Real-estate Developer / agent with a bit too much gold.

Why Pattaya / Jomtien - ets easy for me to drive there on Friday Afternoon, and come back to work monday-ish.

Saothai:

500,000 that you mentioned will get a condo in a place named Majestic Contodel. I believe that you can get one there for about 420,000, with a 6' bed, refrigerator, a/c, hot water, etc.  This is the price that my friend sold his two units 6 months ago.  They are only 33 meters..... like hotel rooms.  I believe that the 33 meters includes the balcony, but I am not sure.  Majestic is located on the corner of Soi Wat Boonkanjana and Soi 7 Threprasit.  To get there from Pattaya, you can either go to Jomtien Beach Road about 1 mile along the beach, and then turn left onto Wat Boonkanjana Road, up about 800 meters.

"""""""My small budget can be up to 1, 2 milli."      If you can stretch the 1.2 million up to 1.69 million, take a look at the new Eakmongkol Development on Soi 17, near Suksabai Villa.  There are 2 bedroom, places there for 1.69 million.  10K deposit, 100,000 down payment in 10 days, 32K/month for 10 months, a final monthly payment of 70K for a total of 500K.  Finance the balance of 1.19 million.  Land size is 36 tw, house size is about 70 meters.  It is not next to the beach, but it is 5 minutes from Lotus or Big C.

Thanks for your post, it's very helpful for me. I shall coming over and see. I think I know the Lotus and Big C...it's a bit far from Jomtian Beach..but near the central Pattaya. I would rather prefer near the Jomtian beach and a decent one not so noisy. Only if all my relations not living in Bkk, I would have decided to choose a condo in Krabi or anywhere far away. Hurrrrrr.....but I still need my sister to take care of the Condo sometimes during we are absent , that is why I have to decide to look nearest beach away from Bkk. OK, a second home , with small budget would be all right on Pattaya beach.

Hallo saothai,

firstly i'm no condo expert, a friend and myself bought a condo each last year in the "Jomtien Beach Condominium" ( sometimes called Rim Talay) paid 800k baht ( could have done better if we'd thought of haggling). It is set back off the beach road, so it's quiet and most of the condo's appear to have great sea views ( ours have ), we each spent another 450k baht to have them renovated to our spec, so still close to your budget,

hope this helps, lou.