Singapore Air Installs Inflight Broadband

cojones

i cant post the article because george had banned me from posting them.

they are the first to install on the London > Singapore route .

should help to pass the time of the flight quite nicely..

just think you will be able to access thaivisa whilst in the air !!

I wish one day it is spreaded to all airlines to all routes.It will surely make the journey a pleasant one and feel secure as we are connected to other world and can communicate even though in the air.I feel not that much secure as in a flight we are not able to communicate with the outside world.

Singapore Airlines are great to fly with, I recall using them 8 years ago, and they had the screens in the back of the seats in economy. Some airlines still don't have them.

Sounds like an attack on a certain national flag carrier...

I still fly Thai though as it has more leg room than most and I prefer to be able to walk after a 12 hour flight, even if it does mean I don't have a choice of movies.

Never flown economy on Singapore though, as I tend to choose direct flights to where I'm going....

All classes? (Broadband)?

Making the assumption that they've done the same as Lufthansa (also Connexion by Boeing), it's wireless-only from economy, but wired/wireless at the front of the plane.

(But it can still be a bit hit and miss as to whether the plane you're on has the system installed or not).

And yes, Connexion is broadband. - quoted speeds I've seen are 3Mb download, 128K upload, but might differ between airlines.