True Can't Supply Wi Fi

ianh68

I am a True broadband customer living in Nonthaburi trying to upgrade to home Wi Fi. True are telling me they have wireless router supply problems. This started in September. Now they are saying I must wait at least until January next year.

Is this problem restricted to Nonthaburi, as I've been told? Has anyone else had the same problem? What have they done about it? Is it worth cancelling the contract and moving to TOT or would that be out of the frying pan...?

eh how can that be a problem? Just use the modem and get a separate wireless hub. Thats how I am doing it...

You'll have to bear with me on this one. I am a bit long in the tooth and not much of a tecchie. At the moment I have True broadband using a HUAWEI SmartAX MT880 router. This is connected to my PC. I also have just bought a WiFi enabled Acer laptop which is what I want to get up and running.

I am worried that if I buy a separate wireless hub for the laptop I might get the wrong one. In addition I am assuming that TRUE would have to instal onto the laptop as my service provider.

Any comments welcome.

Just buy a wireless router, such as this:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=l...sult#ps-sellers

Available at most PC/electronics stores.

Then hook it up like this:

Phone Line

|

Current TRUE modem/Router

|

New Wireless Router --- Wireless PCs

|

Wired PCs

Sounds good. Thanks. But still at the end of all this I will have a PC (wired) which gets me on to the internet via a True account, and my new wireless laptop with nothing from True installed. Even with the wireless router don't I need to install something from True on to my laptop?