Help With ~flr (m) What If We Have Not Got It Back ?

Ok if some one can answer this it would be really good

My wife came to the UK at the end of June on a Six month fiancée visa, we were married in August and at the end of September sent off for the next two year FLR (M).

My question is this, as we have not yet received back her application and passport what happens in December if her application has not returned, does she have to leave the country because her original six month Fiancée visa will have expired?

I also have booked interviews with the job centre and with the Thai embassy to get our baby a passport in December and I could do with her and my passport back as well.

Any ideas Thanks Bread

Ok if some one can answer this it would be really good

My wife came to the UK at the end of June on a Six month fiancée visa, we were married in August and at the end of September sent off for the next two year FLR (M).

My question is this, as we have not yet received back her application and passport what happens in December if her application has not returned, does she have to leave the country because her original six month Fiancée visa will have expired?

I also have booked interviews with the job centre and with the Thai embassy to get our baby a passport in December and I could do with her and my passport back as well.

Any ideas Thanks Bread

Don't worry. If the home office has the passport and the visa has run out, she has an automatic extension until you get the passport back/decision.

I haven't got mine back yet and sent it off a few days before you did. My wife's 6 month fiancee visa has now technically run out as it was until the beginning of this month.

Thank you very much Charlie

I Don’t know why that crossed my mind I was just wondering though, when I rang to find out if there was any way of getting an update hardly unsurprisingly they said no not until the 14 weeks is up.

You will have to let us know when yours come through as it will be interesting to see who’s comes first.

Just a little annoying as I think I am going to have to re-rebook the Thai embassy and also as the child tax credits people sent through a letter for national insurance I will have to re-book that

Well worth the £400 admin costs !!!!

Bread

The official guide lines are 14 weeks as I have read, also when I rang this was also the case as the lady at the immigration centre told me the same thing

e.g. That until 14 weeks from the point of receiving the FLR (M) you can not get a update unless you have a emergency and have to leave the country the passports they then would be returned and the application cancelled.

I don’t know number you would of rung mariner29. If there is a different number that you know I would be grateful to have it, though I am sorry to say I think you are incorrect in what you are saying

The official guide lines are 14 weeks as I have read, also when I rang this was also the case as the lady at the immigration centre told me the same thing

e.g. That until 14 weeks from the point of receiving the FLR (M) you can not get a update unless you have a emergency and have to leave the country the passports they then would be returned and the application cancelled.

I don't know number you would of rung mariner29. If there is a different number that you know I would be grateful to have it, though I am sorry to say I think you are incorrect in what you are saying

Not at all i rang the office in Sheffield i needed my passport urgently as i said they was in fact very helpful and my passport was returned with flr stamped in my wife's passport. As yours is not an urgent matter you will have to wait unfortunately.It was Nov 2006 we married on 18 Sept and posted it the same day and we flew to Thailand on 17 November, feel free to pm me and il send you any evidence you require ?

Phone: 0870 606 7766

Address: Vulcan House, Orchard entrance, 6 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8NU

Opening Hours: 0900 to 1600, Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. Appointment times are from 0900 to 1530. Doors close at 1600, but applications made before this time will be processed on the same day.

Edited by mariner29