How's The Dating Scene In Thailand?

socentre

Hello,

I'm considering a move to Thailand and was wondering how the dating scene is in BKK?

Being from the US (I'm Thai, male), I only know the western etiquettes of dating. (i.e. asking the girl out, pulling out chairs, and all that other good stuff they teach you at gentlemen school). What differences should I expect when dating girls (both farang or thai) in Thailand? I've been to Thailand a few times and love the country, but I'm not a big fan of the bars...interesting characters and beautiful girls, but not really my style.

I don't think it matters what country you are in or who you are dating, you treat your date with the same respect you want her to treat you with.

Be yourself. If you want to open the door, do it. If you want to pull her chair out, you just do it.

I see nothing wrong with all of this and speaking as a farang, I think it is lovely if any guy does this for me. (Although going to a Thai's home for dinner, it is more likely that they will not open the door - it is already open, and you don't need to pull out a chair - just make sure the floor beneath her is clean!) :o

Good luck.

Hmmm.....so centre..........are you moving back to Thailand for the women ? Sounds like it (just kidding). :o

I agree with Donna.....women are women and we like to be treated with respect. Pampering us once in a while is also acceptable! :D

Be yourself......unless you think we wont like you as you are (kidding again). We prefer the real person, not someone pretending to be someone else.....the truth will be revealed at a later stage anyway!

Good luck! :D

Hello,

I'm considering a move to Thailand and was wondering how the dating scene is in BKK?

Being from the US (I'm Thai, male), I only know the western etiquettes of dating. (i.e. asking the girl out, pulling out chairs, and all that other good stuff they teach you at gentlemen school).  What differences should I expect when dating girls (both farang or thai) in Thailand?  I've been to Thailand a few times and love the country, but I'm not a big fan of the bars...interesting characters and beautiful girls, but not really my style.

If you are a westernised thai, you'll be beating the girls off with a stick, because you'll have the money and you don't cheat like most thai men.

Thanks for the replies.

sk1972,

I would never move to Thailand just for the women :o I'm considering the move to Bangkok to grow my business portfolio (I acquire businesses for a living here in the US).

Anyway, do Thai guys really have a reputation of cheating? Interesting.

I suppose I'll be myself in Thailand :D I've only been able to attract farang girls when being myself (not that I'm complaining), but maybe my luck will change in Thailand.