Lack Of Knowledge

tgeezer

Sorry chaps, I know that I am lazy but you were kind enough to indulge me in the past Soo0, can I condition this computer to keep the webpage so that after entering a post I can get back using the 'back button' without the message 'webpage has expired' I simply go back to 'favourites' and hit the site again now.

I've experienced the same problem when writing a message and want to look up something else (for example a link to an other post). The message is gone and I have to type it all over again.

Now if I have to find something while writing a post I simply copy what I have written to the clipboard or notepad to preserve it.

Easy and needs only a clicks.

using history did not help me.

opalhort

I don't know if this will help,but this is how I use the forum.

In my favourites I have a link to the "View New Posts" page (LHS of third block down on most pages) - this is my entry point to the forum.

As I scan down the list of new posts I either [ctrl-click] or [right-click and select either "Open link in new tab" or "Open link in new window"] on anything I want to view and up it pops in a new tab/window. While it's opening out of sight I'm scanning for other topics to read and opening them. At the bottom of a page of new posts I left-click on the next page and read the topics I have opened in different tabs/pages while the next page of new posts is opening.

At the end of the last page of new posts I click new posts and ctrl-click the "Mark all forums as read and return to index" link at the top. I then check anything that has appeared since I started the process (ctrl-clicking) while the "Mark all..." page is loading in the background.

So, basically, make creative use of the new tab/window functions of most modern browsers.