Confused About 30 Day Entry And Tourist Visa

Hi. I am British and came to Thailand as a tourist without a visa in September. Upon arrival I got a stamp in my passport allowing me to stay 30 days. I got this renewed by crossing into Malaysia and coming back the same day (visa run). I did this once more by going to Cambodia. My "stamp" expires now on Dec. 3rd.

Do these "stamps" count as a visa or will I be able to go to Cambodia at the beginning of December and apply for a tourist visa at the Thai Embassy allowing me to stay in Thailand for a further 3 months?

My plans are to stay here for a while but with journeys into other asian countries as well as a visit to the UK for a few days. So I need a visa that allows me to renter Thailand a few times without the visa being discontinued.

Anyone done something similar or have any ideas what is best for me?

Thanks for any help - Tony

Edited by Tonycheston

you have not had a visa for Thaiand yet.

I would suggest any other country than Cambodia for the issue if a visa

You can easily make a run to Laos for a double entry tourist visa and when you are back in the UK you could apply at Hull for a non-immigrant visa

Tourist visas would require re-entry permits to keep them 'alive'

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa (1000 baht per entry) that can be extended for 30 days (1900 baht) at immigration. If 2 entry after 90 days you do a border run and re-enter for another 60 days plus extension.

You can apply for a re-entry permit (1000 baht) at immigration that will keep your 60 day permit to stay valid.

If you are near the end of your 60 days stay you could apply for the 30 day extension and then the re-entry permit at the same time.

Edited by ubonjoe