Who Are Walen's Competitors In Pattaya And What Are The Fees

jellymeister

saw lots written about this Walen school but not much about its competitors

would be nice to see a full listing for Pattaya and Bkk with

-comparative prices and whether all funds are payable upfront or not

-ability to provide one year visa or not

-description along with feedback from students

hope this doesn't ruffle their feathers as I see they advertise here

(reposted due to erroneous posting in other forum)

It would be nice to get some sort of star rating on these schools. Sure there are the odd threads regarding how good or bad they are but it's not an unbiased rating, it's emotional. If I am paying 28k baht for the year I would like that year to have positive outcomes. Put another way, without an ed visa my cost for a year are less than half that. 3 visa runs, plus a moto taxi to do 90 day reporting.

I want to learn Thai and I can do basic language at the local library for 1200 baht membership (1 year) + a weekly donation (?), I think.

So, is that an answer? That's the trouble....I don't really know!

Now if they had a star rating..........

Are you doing it for the visa or for the language?

I went for an induction lesson with Walen and didn't like the style of it at all.

(not being able to ask for the simplest explaination in English is very frustrating and demands perserverance)

There are other ways to get a year non imm visa and there are other language schools that may be more suitable.

That is simply not true, you can ask for explanations. Could you make it little more specific what was it that you wanted to have explained Khun Robski? We will be happy to do it. Now if the issue was about conducting a lessons in English and talking sometimes in Thai then it is not our method of teaching. We certainly know how to teach Thai, if you follow our method you will be able to speak and read it much faster than with other methods. First impression is not always the correct one. The best way is to judge by results.

Regards, Mac

Walen School of Thai

New artwork with a map, it is easy to find our school.

Before you spend your money visit as many schools as you can as it will help you to make the right decision. Also ask them for a demonstration lesson. Ask to see the whole school, do they only have one or two classrooms? Check how long have they been in business. Ask them when do they have classes and ask if you can talk to their students and also if you can sit in an actual class.

Are they a genuine Thai school or do they give an impression it is just a ED visa shop and has little to do with the teaching of Thai? I just heard about a Muay Thai school that is also teaching Thai.

www.thaiwalen.com

Walen school of Thai, Pattaya branch

post-46756-1226816550_thumb.jpg

Edited by macwalen