True Internet

dominique355

I know, most members complain about the lousy Internet connections and the virtually non-existing service from their ISP, I was one of them too.

But then, I was really fed up an p***ed by my Internet connection with True; I subscribe to a 3 MB line but got hardly ever anything beyond 250 or 300 Kb/sec and downloads max 70 KB/s. As soon as it started to rain, the connection got lost and on weekends almost no connection most of the time.

I thought it was time to try my connections in True and see what can be done. Here is what they did yesterday and today:

- first they sent a subcontractor to replace all cabling, sockets, splitters etc.. Cost 1'200 Bath

- then, today, two guys from True show up and measured everything. At the main box, their computer and the True speed test showed 2650 Kb/s. Wow!

- So now. lets move into the house to my computer, my gateway, Proventia Security box, router and Netgear Access Point and finally my desktop (The new Predator, hehe)

- After some additional changes, and leaving the house twice to check something somewhere (I don't know where they went) I ended up with a hefty 2650 Kb/s on my desktop.

- Cost of True: 0 Bath (plus a good tip)

Now that's more like it.

My lesson: Don't give up, there is ways to have a decent connection here.

BTW, the TV Speedtest shows 2604 kbps down and 403 kbps up.