Second Hand Car

Backpack_thailand

I'm sure the TV boyz can sort me out on this one....

Due to the arrival of "Backpack Jr." my days with my Honda Dream are coming to an end. It's time to get a car...

Problem I have is that I'm not loaded and earn an "average" expat salary here, around 40,000-50,000 a month.

Where in BKK can I get a second hand motor with not too much down and a finance over say 2-3 years...?? It will be in the wife's (Thai) name obviously!

The other problem is that I am in Kanchanaburi, but finding a signatory in BKK should be OK, the wife's family are all there!

Seen a few motors for around 250,000 which are perfect, just need pointing in the right direction re. finance etc. etc.

Goodbye Honda Dream - and we thank you!

I'm sure the TV boyz can sort me out on this one....

Due to the arrival of "Backpack Jr." my days with my Honda Dream are coming to an end. It's time to get a car...

Problem I have is that I'm not loaded and earn an "average" expat salary here, around 40,000-50,000 a month.

Where in BKK can I get a second hand motor with not too much down and a finance over say 2-3 years...?? It will be in the wife's (Thai) name obviously!

The other problem is that I am in Kanchanaburi, but finding a signatory in BKK should be OK, the wife's family are all there!

Seen a few motors for around 250,000 which are perfect, just need pointing in the right direction re. finance etc. etc.

Goodbye Honda Dream - and we thank you!

Wow.... Need to borrow $ to buy a cheap car, yet you're cranking out babies! Wild.

Wow.... Need to borrow $ to buy a cheap car, yet you're cranking out babies! Wild.

Mmm, thanks for the irrelevant comment, really helps answer the original question! "Cranking out babies" - <deleted>...?

As you are obviously loaded down with spare cash from which ever country's government you've stitched up for a pension, you don't have to plan around a household budget.

Some of us however have to actually WORK for our money and don't have a spare 200 or 300 grand lying around...

...PRICK!

Thanks though to sas_cars, a good suggestion and one I'll follow up on!

Wow....  Need to borrow $ to buy a cheap car, yet you're cranking out babies!  Wild.

Is it true? your gonna have a little fella?

Well done Backpack, our girl is going to be 1 in a few days. Wonderful time of life.

We also have a two door Honda Coupe that was no good for kids, whilst we still have it we ended up buying a Toyota Wish, the two door was not cut out for the job.

Good luck my friend!

I think the wife wants about 400k for the Honda...

Avoid "tents" (second hand car dealers). There are plenty of cars that you can buy straight from the owner. If you have a job and work permit go and have a chat with whatever bank you use and see if they can help you out with the financing or maybe even the car owner will let you pay it down in a couple of installments...

Is it true? your gonna have a little fella?

Well done Backpack, our girl is going to be 1 in a few days. Wonderful time of life.

We also have a two door Honda Coupe that was no good for kids, whilst we still have it we ended up buying a Toyota Wish, the two door was not cut out for the job.

Good luck my friend!

I think the wife wants about 400k for the Honda...

My little boy, Jack :D turned 1 year old a few days ago (3rd). The reason I'm sniffing out a car is that my ex next door neighbour, an expat with a car (!) has now left so any trips out with the family now involve taxis which is a pain in the ar*e!

Think I'll check out the bank....

Congrats and best wishes to your little one tukyleith!

Fatherhood is wonderful! :o