Fiancee Visa Application

Hi all

I have been reading the forums for a few days now searching for advice for our forthcoming Fiancee visa application and the advice has been really great.

I met my Fiancee ( Thai Lady ) in the latter part of 2001 in BKK, I have been to Thailand in March this year where we became engaged. My fiancee has been in the UK for six months on a Tourist Visa and has just returned home to Thailand.

I am gathering the documents and the application form for the Fiancee Visa application and will be sending them to her shortly. Prior to her coming to UK in June this year we have BT phone records, Greeting cards and heap loads of photos of us with each other and with our families. I am in full time employment, have my own property ( mortgage ), 6 months bank statement, 4 months wage slips, house deeds, letter from employer, etc....

Along with new letters explaining our application for a Fiancee Visa, should we also include the letters we originally filed in the Visitors Visa as like a " paper trail " or should I just give the Embassy the new letters ? Also on page 7 of the VAF2 2004 application form there is a space for " other information ", I am accompanying the application with a sponsers letter anyway, is it advantageous to add something in that box also ??

My fiancee speak English very well, I am 35 and she is 30.

Thank you for any advice.

Regards

ecurran :o

What stands your fiancée in excellent stead is the fact that she's already been to the UK on a visit visa, complied with the conditions attached to it, and she's doing everything by the book. Furthermore, one of the requirements of the fiancée visa is that she shows an intention to live with you permanently following your marriage and you have the best possible proof of that as she's spent time living with you whilst here on holiday. You can mention this in the "other information" space if you so wish but your covering letter should be sufficient to bolster the application. There is no need to provide a trail back to the previous application as the embassy should still hold the paperwork which relates to that application.

Best of luck,

Scouse.

Thanks scouse, :o

As I see it, the foundations of our relationship seems solid it is the paperwork part that I want to make very sure I complete before handing in the application.

Apart from the basics (wage slips, bank statements, employer letter, confirmation of home ownership, application form, phone bills, photos & greeting cards ) do we just have to write an accompanying letter from each of us separately to the Embassy stating our application ? and nothing more ?

Regards

ecurran

If a Thai girl comes back to the UK on a fiance visa, within what timescale do you have to get married? Also, if she doesn't get married within that timescale and she returns to Thailand, what would be her chances of getting a 2nd fiance visa a year later?

Thanks,

Alan