Is There Anybody Out There?

MJP

The village Pho Chai is on the route Roi Et - Phonthong, right?

syntoh

I sense a chance to revive an old but never resolved thread about another Western resident further along this route towards Phon Thong. Before reaching the town, there is a park with animals and exotic plants a couple of kilometers left off the main road run by a farang named David. I know this from a local questioned one day when I tried to visit and found the park gate locked. Has anybody ever been there? Is it worth a visit?

You mean Dave the Swiss guy from Phon Thong? He's a good chap and does have a few odd pets and animals.

That sounds about right. There was a thread a year or two back describing Dave's place as a small wildlife park. There is now a sign to the park on the main road (I've forgotten the name), but on the day I followed the sign I found the entrance gate locked. I wondered if anybody had more information and whether it would be worth another look in the future. Dave's place is a few miles outside Phon Thong coming from Kalasin. In my opinion the town itself wasn't really worth a visit.